Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boom Boom Powell Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Boom Boom Powell Time Reply with quote

I think it is clearly time for Bilal Powell to take the bell-cow role from Shonn Greene. Here are their respective stats so far this season:

W1(vs. BUF): 3 carries, 10 yards; 1 catch, 16 yards
W2(@ PIT): 9 carries, 33 yards
W3(@ MIA): 10 carries, 45 yards; 2 catches, 24 yards

Total: 22 carries, 88 yards (4 YPC); 3 catches, 40 yards

W1(vs. BUF): 27 carries, 94 yards, TD
W2(@ PIT): 11 carries, 23 yards
W3(@ MIA): 19 carries, 40 yards; 2 catches, 9 yards

Total: 57 carries, 157 yards (2.8 YPC), TD; 2 catches, 9 yards
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell is better than Greene in just about every way possible

- better receiver
- 1.2 YPC difference with the same OL
- has an actual burst when hitting the hole

Shonn Greene is just not a good RB. Maybe our OL has been blocking well all season and Greene just sucks that much.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Powell is better than Greene in just about every way possible

- better receiver
- 1.2 YPC difference with the same OL
- has an actual burst when hitting the hole

Shonn Greene is just not a good RB. Maybe our OL has been blocking well all season and Greene just sucks that much.

The next tackle Greene breaks will probably be the first one he has broken since his rookie season. Laughing
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greene is fine in a committee but he can't be a feature back. Powell isn't exactly a burner either. The correct way to go is to use them both evenly, at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell should get more carries than Greene at this point, but it's painfully obvious we need to draft a running back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Powell should get more carries than Greene at this point, but it's painfully obvious we need to draft a running back.
Pretty much. Greene's terrible, Powell's better, but neither are any higher than a #2 or #3 back on another team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to see the game, but I agree 100%. Greene should not be the starter for the rest of the year. It will be great to see Lattimore or Bell in a Jets Jersey next year. I gave up on Greene a long time ago.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I didn't get to see the game, but I agree 100%. Greene should not be the starter for the rest of the year. It will be great to see Lattimore or Bell in a Jets Jersey next year. I gave up on Greene a long time ago.

I wish we would have signed Michael Bush.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greene SUCKS. Cant wait for this guy to get off the team. He brings nothing to the table.

Its extremely concerning that the coaching staff did not see this problem, especially with all the ground and pound proclamations.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Greene SUCKS. Cant wait for this guy to get off the team. He brings nothing to the table.

Its extremely concerning that the coaching staff did not see this problem, especially with all the ground and pound proclamations.

The coaching staff is a substantial part of the problem. Im all about cleaning house after this disappointing season is over. We need to rebuild this team the right way. INstall a culture and stick to it. We do have a few nice pieces to build around but our latest draft picks have no been great and its set this franchise back a ways.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greene is still good for the occasional bounce off the tacklers and get an extra 10 yards, but honestly I wouldn't be upset if we just kept going with Powell for the majority of the snaps. Greene has always been better in that closer type role anyway, that's where he shined for us in 09 and 10. Ever since he has become the starter, he just hasn't overly impressed me.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

The coaching staff is a substantial part of the problem. Im all about cleaning house after this disappointing season is over. We need to rebuild this team the right way. INstall a culture and stick to it. We do have a few nice pieces to build around but our latest draft picks have no been great and its set this franchise back a ways.

You should probably be banned for at least a few hours after that statement. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

I really like the 2011 draft. Wilkerson is already great against the run and should improve against the pass. Ellis looks like a future stud at NT. Powell is a pretty good RB. Kerley has been outstanding so far this season. McElroy could be a back-up QB that sticks around for awhile.
perikirest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Is it bad that I just skip past your posts? Nothing but crying negativity every time you hit submit.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Is it bad that I just skip past your posts? Nothing but crying negativity every time you hit submit.

Ekill is one of the better Jets posters. I don't agree with a lot of things he posts but he provides a unique voice that makes me look at the Jets differently. He is also pretty consistent and doesn't jump on what recently happened.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: