Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 Steelers @ Raiders GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Did anyone have any confidence at all that they were going to stop them there instead of just allowing them to stroll down the field?

Nope...I knew we lost as soon as we punted.

This reminded me of the game in 2009 so much. Defense couldnt stop anything and Troy was out, replaced by a S who played disgustingly bad.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
These are games the Steelers normally lose because they out think themselves. We'll get to see if Haley is any different then the OC who directed this offense prior.

Yep, I hate these types of games...the one that shouldn't be, but yet we'll all be there w/ 2:00 minutes left in the 4th watching Palmer drive down the field nursing a 4 pt lead...ugh!!

Hopefully, as was stated, Haley will be different; he'll actually exploit the Raider's weaknesses as opposed to throwing the standard offense out on the field. I get the feeling he will. Even though we lost to Denver, he attacked the game from an offensive perspective the only way we could have won.

We should not run the ball more than 10 times in the 1st half, if even that much. This isn't a "ball-control" type of game...this is a "get up big early"-type of game and attempt to demoralize the opponent, IMO. Take their biggest weapon out of the equation in DMC.

Prediction:

Should be -- Steelers 31 Raiders 14

Afraid will be -- Steelers 16 Raiders 14

And "I'll go out of mind" will be -- Raiders 23 Steelers 17

@ at23...no, you certainly weren't the only one thinking this might be close. Problem is, it shouldn't have been. That's the sad part!

Wow, forgot 43's wife thought it'd be close too! My bad Ward!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
These are games the Steelers normally lose because they out think themselves. We'll get to see if Haley is any different then the OC who directed this offense prior.

Yep, I hate these types of games...the one that shouldn't be, but yet we'll all be there w/ 2:00 minutes left in the 4th watching Palmer drive down the field nursing a 4 pt lead...ugh!!

Hopefully, as was stated, Haley will be different; he'll actually exploit the Raider's weaknesses as opposed to throwing the standard offense out on the field. I get the feeling he will. Even though we lost to Denver, he attacked the game from an offensive perspective the only way we could have won.

We should not run the ball more than 10 times in the 1st half, if even that much. This isn't a "ball-control" type of game...this is a "get up big early"-type of game and attempt to demoralize the opponent, IMO. Take their biggest weapon out of the equation in DMC.

Prediction:

@ at23...no, you certainly weren't the only one thinking this might be close. Problem is, it shouldn't have been. That's the sad part!

You can say that about tons of Steeler games.

As weird as it sounds, I actually give the team a SLIGHT pass this week. But we have a tough schedule...if the defense isnt addressed, we wont make the playoffs.

And no, thats not an overreaction...thats cold hard fact.
C$!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just embarrassing. We need to do something about our D. Its just sad...
I'm not one to complain about replacement officials, but they were super bad today
and whoever called the game for cbs... Fouts and someone were terrible. Raiders homers all game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Prediction:

As weird as it sounds, I actually give the team a SLIGHT pass this week. But we have a tough schedule...if the defense isnt addressed, we wont make the playoffs.

I agree to a point! Wink

Addressing the D for me, and probably for you, though don't wanna put words into your mouth is getting Harrison and Polamalu back and focus on some minor things that need addressed. Other people might think addressed means changing to a 4-3 right now and benching some starters.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Did anyone have any confidence at all that they were going to stop them there instead of just allowing them to stroll down the field?

Nope...I knew we lost as soon as we punted.

This reminded me of the game in 2009 so much. Defense couldnt stop anything and Troy was out, replaced by a S who played disgustingly bad.

I felt the same way.

What an ugly loss. The Raiders didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.

down but not out. I still believe!
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Prediction:

And this is the sad part, that we're not going to make the playoffs if this Defense keeps playings like it has played.We need to adress our running game, our defense needs to step it up, polamalu's and harrison's health is a need and, I don't know it it will be a consequence of all these things adressing, but we gotta to win games on the road.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Prediction:

I agree to a point! Wink

Addressing the D for me, and probably for you, though don't wanna put words into your mouth is getting Harrison and Polamalu back and focus on some minor things that need addressed. Other people might think addressed means changing to a 4-3 right now and benching some starters.

Thats always funny. Been hearing garbage like that for years now.

Although, to be honest, I think LeBeau is done. Yes...we have issues in exection, but the dude has CONTIUNOUSLY failed to adapt and adjust over the last 2 years. Why is he dropping our best freaking pass rusher into coverage so much? Why do we play so lax when its become apparent that we are going to get eaten alive when we do it?

Right now, I think Harrison and Polamalu and Harrison coming back will help, but the issues go far beyond them.

LeBeau is 75, and while he still has great knowledge of the game, his inablity to adapt to offenses that have adapated to his defense is why he is at the end of his rope.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Prediction:

I agree to a point! Wink

Thats always funny. Been hearing garbage like that for years now.

Although, to be honest, I think LeBeau is done. Yes...we have issues in exection, but the dude has CONTIUNOUSLY failed to adapt and adjust over the last 2 years. Why is he dropping our best freaking pass rusher into coverage so much? Why do we play so lax when its become apparent that we are going to get eaten alive when we do it?

Right now, I think Harrison and Polamalu and Harrison coming back will help, but the issues go far beyond them.

LeBeau is 75, and while he still has great knowledge of the game, his inablity to adapt to offenses that have adapated to his defense is why he is at the end of his rope.

Totally agree. What hurts us in 2nd half is lack of pass rush and choosing plays which we dropped back so many players. We pressured him a lot more in 1st half and the discrepancy in stats is so apparent. Some weeks like last week, we seemed more prepared. There's not any changes I'd make though on our defense, since I think it's our best 11 on the field (with Polamalu replacing Mundy and Harrison replacing Carter). Sure you could argue for how horrible Mundy has been, Will Allen or Golden, but that would be a lateral step IMO. We had the players for a winning ball game, but lack of execution and play calling is what cost us. We don't need a new scheme but a new schemer.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Prediction:

Maybe so, but the fact is against the bottom feeders of the NFL so far, in this case it's truer than most. I rarely feel that the Steelers should be able to walk away with win easily, but in this case, they should have. Even if I figured we wouldn't play up to the standard they should, I was pretty confident that this should have been an easy win for us. We won't have many easier this season by looks of our schedule. Time will tell of course, but our schedule looks pretty tough from here on out.

And I certainly do not feel you are overreacting. It is a fact. They keep playing sloppy like this, they'll be lucky to make it to .500.

Sloppy tackling...
Sloppy ball handling...
Sloppy Special Teams play...
Sloppy execution on the OL...

They better tighten up, and quick, or we'll be drafting in the top 15 next year!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by how bad Colon has looked so far. I know he is adjusting, but people are saying it's a perfect fit and he's much better suited for guard. I think he's the weakest link on our line, with Gilbert close behind, unless you put Beachum in there! Shocked AKA, the kid who looked lost against 3rd team offenses.
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully its a long two weeks of practice for our D. They need to wake up and start playing fundamentally sound

I don't think they could play much worse. I whole heartedly agree. Shamefully embarrassing.

Thanks Lyasr 529
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelersFan2333 wrote:
well if its not a penalty its certainly classless, hitting a guy thats engaged from behind below the knee, hope Ziggy is ok

Kind of like the blow to dhb. Both no penalties. I think we can all agree the real refs are needed in a big way to keep the integrity of thegame. Good game though especially from big ben. Thought it was over on play 1. Glad my guys didn't give up. Good luck the rest the year.

Sigged by Jamison
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, we don't need to switch to the 4-3, but we do need to upgrade this defense, and get a new defensive Coordinator.

I love Lebeau, but his days are over in the NFL. Time to get a fresh start.

down but not out. I still believe!
grubs10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
SteelersFan2333 wrote:
well if its not a penalty its certainly classless, hitting a guy thats engaged from behind below the knee, hope Ziggy is ok

Kind of like the blow to dhb. Both no penalties. I think we can all agree the real refs are needed in a big way to keep the integrity of thegame. Good game though especially from big ben. Thought it was over on play 1. Glad my guys didn't give up. Good luck the rest the year.
Ya we have to give the raiders credit they hung around even when we started off sharp and their defense stepped up in the fourth. Wheeler was punching the ball out left and right and really gave them a boost.

I hope they get crushed in the next two weeks in practice. They need to be angry and ready to play after the bye. Maybe this is a wake up call for players and coaches (mostly on the defensive side) and they start making adjustments for the rest of the season. Its only week 3.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: