Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted yet, Finley's say on it from profootballtalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/jermichael-finley-agents-criticism-of-rodgers-didnt-come-from-me/

Quote:
Referring to the tweet.....

“I’d say zero percent of it,” Finley said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “Like I said, he’s got his own opinion. He’s an agent. He has tons of clients around the league. It’s not my problem what he sends out. I could [not] care less as long as he takes care of my business at the end of the day.”

Referring to Rodgers...

“He’s the leader of this team,” Finley said. “He’s the man. I respect him as a player. Outside of the locker room, I’m a fan of Rodgers. We’re all good.”

for the lolz

Rodgers called Baratz “silly,” and Packers coach Mike McCarthy called him “ignorant.” It remains to be seen whether Finley will decide to call him “not my agent anymore.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, Finley's say on it from profootballtalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/jermichael-finley-agents-criticism-of-rodgers-didnt-come-from-me/

Quote:
Referring to the tweet.....

“I’d say zero percent of it,” Finley said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “Like I said, he’s got his own opinion. He’s an agent. He has tons of clients around the league. It’s not my problem what he sends out. I could [not] care less as long as he takes care of my business at the end of the day.”

Referring to Rodgers...

“He’s the leader of this team,” Finley said. “He’s the man. I respect him as a player. Outside of the locker room, I’m a fan of Rodgers. We’re all good.”

for the lolz

Rodgers called Baratz “silly,” and Packers coach Mike McCarthy called him “ignorant.” It remains to be seen whether Finley will decide to call him “not my agent anymore.”

LOL how does it "remain to be seen" if Finley will fire his agent? What did he just say?

"I could [not] care less as long as he takes care of my business at the end of the day."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I really take issue with is Baratz's comments that "leaders take the blame". I don't necessarily thing this is at all accurate, since if the guy in charge takes all of the blame, always, what you've done is foment a lack of accountability in the culture of organization. "Always taking the blame" doesn't strike me as good leadership at all.

You want to protect your guy from external criticism, but if it's his fault, then he has to know that. Rodgers yelling at Jones may have been a momentary lapse in leadership, but not really more than Peyton's famous shouting match with Saturday.
MathMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a non-issue as far as im concerned.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:

This. Who cares what some silly sports agent says?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MathMan wrote:

I have been in NFL lockerrooms a good part of my life. I don't care what their both telling the media. Trust me, it was talked about!

Not saying Rodgers is upset with him. Just sayin he wanted to know Finley's part at the very least.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MathMan wrote:

I have been in NFL lockerrooms a good part of my life. I don't care what their both telling the media. Trust me, it was talked about!

Not saying Rodgers is upset with him. Just sayin he wanted to know Finley's part at the very least.

Right. I don't think their relationship is as good as Finley claims. Finley comes off as kind of a fake personality to me, I got a bad vibe about the guy. I watched the locker room interview of Jermichael and it didn't seem like he was all that upset about the comment and didn't seem to praise Rodgers like I would've expected.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Finley's maid thinks that Rodgers isn't a snappy dresser.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok get your cameras ready. This hasn't happened before, and may never happen again, but I'm going to defend Finley a little bit here. In regard to his production, is it even realistic to expect him to put up numbers similar to other TE's when you look at the offense he's a part of? I mean, it's not like Rodgers needs much of a safety valve at the TE position like a lot of QB's.

For a lot of reasons, it may make sense that Finley doesn't get as many balls thrown at him as other TE's around the league. You guys have a great QB, and a ton of targets for him to work with. Maybe that's why Finley's numbers are down. You guys can answer that better than I can, but it's just something I thought I'd throw out there.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Ok get your cameras ready. This hasn't happened before, and may never happen again, but I'm going to defend Finley a little bit here. In regard to his production, is it even realistic to expect him to put up numbers similar to other TE's when you look at the offense he's a part of? I mean, it's not like Rodgers needs much of a safety valve at the TE position like a lot of QB's.

For a lot of reasons, it may make sense that Finley doesn't get as many balls thrown at him as other TE's around the league. You guys have a great QB, and a ton of targets for him to work with. Maybe that's why Finley's numbers are down. You guys can answer that better than I can, but it's just something I thought I'd throw out there.

His overall production isn't really the issue, I don't think anyone expects huge output from any 1 option in this offense. The problem is when he has looks and just blows it. He's already had some key drops, particularly on 3rd down. The issue I have is the lack of concentration, combine with the lack of effort when used as a blocker.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
In other news, Finley's maid thinks that Rodgers isn't a snappy dresser.

Now THAT is thread worthy!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is an talent but he is also immature and dumb. This is just another way he can blame someone for his drops and poor play. This will be a problem going forward no doubt likely his last year I GB.
ayt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be odd to see so many people treat the NFL like it is a soap opera. So what if Bishop's agent tweeted something fairly moronic?

Rodgers, and other players, aren't going to get upset about something this trivial.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayt wrote:
It can be odd to see so many people treat the NFL like it is a soap opera. So what if Bishop's agent tweeted something fairly moronic?

Rodgers, and other players, aren't going to get upset about something this trivial.

Clearly you've never played team sports.

This stuff affects a locker room and Finley will continue to alienate himself from this team. You hear players all the time that hear about their own trade rumors, blog reports and such. Does no one think Finely doesn't hear about the drops, stories of unrealized potential etc.
Problem is with Finely he believes it's not his fault. Either Arod doesn't throw the ball well enough to him, not enough targets or the sun was in his eyes.
And darn straight you don't hear agents talking smack about players like this. Clearly Fin's agent was popping off for him. And Fin's only real response is he don't care what my agent does so long as he represents me in my best interest, really wow. If anyone representing me talked smack about the good players on my team they'd be under the bus quick
What I read between the lines is that it's not Fin's fault, anyone but.

It's to bad the guys a player and could be great but does seem to have a real understanding of team. His team has lots of " I " in it.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it continues...

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/10/11/12/Finley-on-chemistry-with-Rodgers-It-take/landing_packers.html?blockID=803097&feedID=5065

Quote:
"It's OK," Finley said Wednesday. "Not good enough at all. Something to be worked on, and try to work on it as much as I can, try to talk to him as much as I can, but like I said, it takes two people."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think I'm doing fair. I think I'm doing well, doing what I'm supposed to do. I think I'm giving my all out on the field, for sure. I think I'm doing fair. I'm not doing the best I can do, of course, but hey, who said it was going to be a great year?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think he's playing good, but like I said, this is a team sport, and it's going to take all 11 of us on the field when he's on the field with us. I don't put it all on him. It's his receiving corps, we're dropping balls; it's his linemen not blocking for him. He's got a lot to think about. I would be scared, too, if I was getting hit like that."

He really just needs a team mandated gag order or something. He just has no brain-mouth filter and doesn't know when to shut his mouth and not make his private thoughts public. He doesn't really take ownership of his own struggles. He kinda does but then makes excuses for them. There is just something missing between the ears that if he hasn't gotten by now, he isn't going to get, imo. I really hope they don't end up giving him a huge long term deal. He hasn't earned it yet and won't live up to it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: