Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Packers consider dealing Greg Jennings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Finley continues to play the, slighter-better-than-average-TE-tease-you-with-greatness-but-never-deliver, then he iis not going to make 9 mil next year and that money is going to Jennings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 1 dumb post for the day.

Finley + Jennings to Arz for Fitz. Maybe even add in a 4th round pick as well.

Cards Get:
-Finley
-Jennings
-4th round pick

Pack get:
-Fitz

Fitz finally gets a great QB and puts up godlike numbers.. 2k yard season at WR. life is good

/end dumb post
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Bean wrote:

Cards Get:
-Finley
-Jennings
-4th round pick

Pack get:
-Fitz

Fitz finally gets a great QB and puts up godlike numbers.. 2k yard season at WR. life is good

/end dumb post

rotoworld wrote:
8/20/2011: Signed an eight-year, $128.5 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and first-year roster bonus of $8 million. Fitzgerald is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through eight. 2012: $5 million (+ $6 million roster bonus due 3/31), 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million

No WR is worth that. Also, I don't care if you add Jerry Rice in his prime. No single WR is going to rack up those kinds of stats. Defenses will try to take away the #1 but Rodgers will throw to anyone who's open and that's not going to be the #1 enough of the time for any 1 WR to put up those insanely gaudy stats.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
General_Bean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
General_Bean wrote:

Cards Get:
-Finley
-Jennings
-4th round pick

Pack get:
-Fitz

/end dumb post

rotoworld wrote:
8/20/2011: Signed an eight-year, $128.5 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and first-year roster bonus of $8 million. Fitzgerald is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through eight. 2012: $5 million (+ $6 million roster bonus due 3/31), 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million

No WR is worth that. Also, I don't care if you add Jerry Rice in his prime. No single WR is going to rack up those kinds of stats. Defenses will try to take away the #1 but Rodgers will throw to anyone who's open and that's not going to be the #1 enough of the time for any 1 WR to put up those insanely gaudy stats.

I forgot about that huge contract, well a man can dream..although you pooped on my 2k season dream as well, so back to work i guess :/ thanks spill <3
ECPackers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be much more interested in trading jennings to seattle for a pick+chancellor, move woodson back to CB full time!? ;p
Bucks
Badgers
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep dreaming fellas Laughing

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Keep dreaming fellas Laughing

I find the notion of getting rid of Jennings a bad dream, frankly. We just might see on Monday why our offense is so much better with Jennings back on the field and this nonsense about trading him away will fade away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell would we consider this?

I could see this thread for Finley, but not Jennings. This is insanity.

A player for player trade is extremely rare when it involves high caliber players. We'd be looking at picks, and no draft picks for next year are going to be more valuable than Greg is to us now.

He's never had any off field trouble, is extremely productive, and has years of elite play left. There's no reason to think he will demand Fitz money, or to think he won't be in GB for years.

This thread is a joke.
PackerPride

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worst threads I've seen on FF. I'll take ff questions and bring in Randy Moss over this garbage.
mxr124

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is getting a little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this question.

What is the deal with that Jennings comercial for NFL ticket exchange? Is he supposed to be talking to the guy all the way up in the plane?
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
i'd be much more interested in trading jennings to seattle for a pick+chancellor, move woodson back to CB full time!? ;p

This has been said before her but Woodson to FS is a permanent move for us. He's just not what he used to be physically and he best helps our team win there and not at CB anymore.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

This has been said before her but Woodson to FS is a permanent move for us. He's just not what he used to be physically and he best helps our team win there and not at CB anymore.

Except even with the "position move" he still plays more slot CB than anything. It's a fairly semantic shift. He plays slot in the nickle which is the real "base" D. He only plays S in the "base 3-4" which is really something GB uses more like a "heavy" subpackage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
I know this is getting a little off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this question.

What is the deal with that Jennings comercial for NFL ticket exchange? Is he supposed to be talking to the guy all the way up in the plane?

"That's (or there's) my guy"

Such a horrible commercial.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Why the hell would we consider this?

I could see this thread for Finley, but not Jennings. This is insanity.

A player for player trade is extremely rare when it involves high caliber players. We'd be looking at picks, and no draft picks for next year are going to be more valuable than Greg is to us now.

He's never had any off field trouble, is extremely productive, and has years of elite play left. There's no reason to think he will demand Fitz money, or to think he won't be in GB for years.

This thread is a joke.

This, I trade Fin or let him and his Salary walk before I trade a player of GJ caliber. He should be our next DD. He's a great locker room guy, great player and solid off field guy. Not to mention he's not an idiot and speaks well. He should be on Dancing with the Stars someday.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
"That's (or there's) my guy"
Jennings birthday was this week and fam drew all over his car....male reproductive part everywhere with "that's my guy" on the sides of the door Laughing funniest thing I saw all week
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: