Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Defensive Review- Lions at Titans, Week 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Titans Defensive Review- Lions at Titans, Week 3 Reply with quote

This is a short one-

To Jerry Gray- great adjustments before the game. Man did our defense look like a shutdown, top 5 defense in the first half. That bump and run from the corners was so good.

To Jerry Gray- WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TOSSING OUT EVERYTHING WE DID IN THE FIRST HALF ANG GOING BACK TO THE SCHEME WE RAN THE FIRST TWO GAMES?!

Seriously guys. This game would have been over if Jerry Gray didn't decide to start playing "safe" (and by that I mean passive). That bump and run we used in the first half was extraordinarily effective. Megatron had 1 CATCH! They couldn't do anything.

I just don't get it. McCourty is strong and fast. Verner is incredible in tight or short coverage and bumps well. Mouton is incredibly fast and strong and can run bump coverage. AND THEY WERE DOING IT SO DAMN WELL.

Then, #2, we ran basically 0 blitzes the whole game. That worked fine in the first half when we were disrupting their timing and stuffing their receivers at the line. That worked like [inappropriate/removed] in the second half when we were playing 10 yards off on everyone.

Anyways, individual performances were amazing. Everyone (INCLUDING GRIFFIN YOU LITTLE GIRLS) played well. The Dline got substantially worse in the second half, but again, time of possession (we scored twice on special teams. 0 rest time for the D).

If Gray would go back to the bump and run, and we get McCarthy back, we will legitimately be scary.

I'm going to go take an ice bath and cool off from this game. Pure insanity. But damn did Locker and the receivers look good. Seriously- screw the run game, cut CJ at the end of this year (it's increasingly clear that he's just lost out there. Both of those carries in OT could have at least gotten to the line of scrimmage, but CJ decides he has to be the big man on campus, and ends up nearly costing us the game twice). On the other hand he looked good on the runs I thought he should (one hole, one cutback).

But after today, I'm trusting Palmer's offense. We really clicked (and we lost Cook before the half and Britt right after) and took it to the Lions secondary. If CJ can't adapt, toss him out. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in the NFL today.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that have noticed Griffin's poor play for the last couple of years are little girls? GTFO. He's been pretty bad lately. He finally didn't embarrass himself this week. Maybe he can be the grey man two weeks in a row.

I wouldn't say there were any amazing performances. Verner looked good, Ayers was a beast but had that brain-dead penalty.

But where the hell is the pass rush?!

You're definitely right about CJ though. Good fodder for the offensive review.

Edit: Also, we were getting gashed by Detroit's running game. I'm not terribly concerned about it, but it was very noticeable, IMO.

Last edited by s_camp on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said this in the GDT

Quote:
It's pretty much a negative to give CJ the ball now....I am amazed.

Drops passes, get the pass gets caught by "slower" players. Can't make people miss...
Can't break any tackles.... I'm just amazed by his free fall...

I'm serious when I say, i don't know if I want him back next year. He will never be the threat he was....he can be a good back, but never be the threat he was....

What I saw today wasn't the line's fault. They have sucked this year, but today I can't really blame them all the way.
CJ had some chances in "open field" and just looked like he was running in neutral.

Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week's game will be a huge test. Texan's D is way better than the Lions. We gotta protect Locker. CJ better not see much playing time.

Defensively I hope we get pressure on Schaub. Tate and Foster are gonna be hard to handle.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Said this in the GDT

Quote:
It's pretty much a negative to give CJ the ball now....I am amazed.

Drops passes, get the pass gets caught by "slower" players. Can't make people miss...
Can't break any tackles.... I'm just amazed by his free fall...

I'm serious when I say, i don't know if I want him back next year. He will never be the threat he was....he can be a good back, but never be the threat he was....

What I saw today wasn't the line's fault. They have sucked this year, but today I can't really blame them all the way.
CJ had some chances in "open field" and just looked like he was running in neutral.

I agree with you. I had faith in CJ going into the season and really wanted to see him do well, but I'm done defending him. The OL is terrible, yes, but CJ is on a whole new level of suck and I do not want to see him back next year. Draft a good, tough, all-purpose RB in the middle rounds next year, fix up the OL, and we're good to go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Titans Defensive Review- Lions at Titans, Week 3 Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
This is a short one-

To Jerry Gray- great adjustments before the game. Man did our defense look like a shutdown, top 5 defense in the first half. That bump and run from the corners was so good.

To Jerry Gray- WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TOSSING OUT EVERYTHING WE DID IN THE FIRST HALF ANG GOING BACK TO THE SCHEME WE RAN THE FIRST TWO GAMES?!

Seriously guys. This game would have been over if Jerry Gray didn't decide to start playing "safe" (and by that I mean passive). That bump and run we used in the first half was extraordinarily effective. Megatron had 1 CATCH! They couldn't do anything.

I just don't get it. McCourty is strong and fast. Verner is incredible in tight or short coverage and bumps well. Mouton is incredibly fast and strong and can run bump coverage. AND THEY WERE DOING IT SO DAMN WELL.

Then, #2, we ran basically 0 blitzes the whole game. That worked fine in the first half when we were disrupting their timing and stuffing their receivers at the line. That worked like [inappropriate/removed] in the second half when we were playing 10 yards off on everyone.

Anyways, individual performances were amazing. Everyone (INCLUDING GRIFFIN YOU LITTLE GIRLS) played well. The Dline got substantially worse in the second half, but again, time of possession (we scored twice on special teams. 0 rest time for the D).

If Gray would go back to the bump and run, and we get McCarthy back, we will legitimately be scary.

AMEN to all of this!!! I was so p-ssed during the 2nd half until I couldn't see straight. Why are we so damn determined to keep playing that disgustingly weak zone that just kills us week after week? I refer to it as "Cover NOTHING" or "Cover 0" defense. We rush only 4 or even 3 at times while giving offenses big chunks of yardage, gift wrapped with a bow on top, all for the sake of not getting beat deep. Honestly, I see why our safeties are always out of position, and getting to the play too late. It's because Gray got them playing too damn deep, like 50 yards back, leaving what looks like 20 - 30 yards of wide open real estate to attack. It's pretty damn bad when even the announcers point it out and scratch their heads about it. That makes me wonder just what the Hell are our defensive coaches thinking. The way I see it, Detroit had no business coming back on us, not only to take the lead, but take it into overtime as well. I hope Gray don't pull this same sh-t next week with the Texans or we're done. I say either bring those damn safeties up to a senseable range where they can actually make some plays and start running some zone blitzes or just ditch the whole "Cover 0" zone all-together before it cost us more games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: