Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Str8Wreckin08


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Championship Reply with quote

Flacco, he's one of the great ones. He's the best Qb in the league right NOW.

First of all, the offense is suited to his strenghts. He has a big arm, and is deadly accurate. So he's a precision passer, and throws a very good deep ball. Makes good decisions.

He needs to work on his feet. He's 6'6". Sort of clumsy when under heavy pressure. But he's cool which is the main thing.

Last week, you guys got screwed on that bad call in the endzone. Thats the NFL these days.

But he's gonna win a championship, or two

I'm not a fan, I love the way you guys play
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21276
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the optimism, but he's far from the best QB in the league right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20087
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you're smoking...give me some.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensfanRD


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: Baltimore, MD (Land of the Greatness)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the OP. And if we had WR's who could catch and get separation, the world would be seeing this right now.
_________________

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20087
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
I agree with the OP. And if we had WR's who could catch and get separation, the world would be seeing this right now.


Flacco is not the best QB in the league. His deep ball is NOT accurate (ever watched him throw to Torrey Smith? He overthrows him 9/10 times). He is known for making questionable (at best) decisions, and our offense (I'm not talking about the no huddle offense we saw for ONE game) is not suited to his strengths.

I think if we had a good offensive coordinator who actually stuck with the gameplan that made Flacco look like the best QB in the league (no huddle, quick tempo offense) and actually USED our best offensive player (Ray Rice) in situations where we need him, yes, the world would be seeing how good Flacco is.

I think, as most everyone would agree, that Flacco most definitely has the potential to be the best QB in the league, but Cam Cameron and our system routinely holds him back because of the way he runs the offense. That's my take.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7176
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think a vertical offense would fit Flacco well but he's generally much better when they run a West Coast offense. I agree with SnA that his deep ball really isn't that good. It's adequate for the amount of times he throws deep (most 40+ in the league since he entered) but it could be better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12969
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
You would think a vertical offense would fit Flacco well but he's generally much better when they run a West Coast offense. I agree with SnA that his deep ball really isn't that good. It's adequate for the amount of times he throws deep (most 40+ in the league since he entered) but it could be better.

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.

We're talking the Boldin (was it a touchdown) pass, we're talking that sideline intermediate/deep ball throw to Boldin along the right side of the field. We're talking the Torrey Smith deep ball. The TD pass to Jones over Aso.. we're talking borderline intermediate/deep pass but that pass was on the money. So I'll side with the fact that maybe Flacco has evolved his abilities before our eyes.

In terms of best QB... that's a no. If Flacco continues to make improvements to his game and really tries to continue to progress (and this isn't all for a contract) then I think we could potentially see him having top 5 kind of potential. I think he has the potential to be a better version of Eli Manning- as Flacco has a better arm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7176
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
You would think a vertical offense would fit Flacco well but he's generally much better when they run a West Coast offense. I agree with SnA that his deep ball really isn't that good. It's adequate for the amount of times he throws deep (most 40+ in the league since he entered) but it could be better.

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12969
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.

Yeah, I'd agree that it is... and usually I try to stay in the middle as possible, not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic... but with Suggs going down, our defense looking in shambles (well to our standards anyway), I just don't have much to be truly optimistic about with this team's chances of winning a Super Bowl... unless I put in a little extra positive energy towards the idea that Flacco has improved enough to make up for any regression on defense. Because sure we've made improvements to our #3 WR option and we've improved our OL somewhat... but a QB taking the step to the next level is the only true way to get this team to that next level... or at the very least to where we were... especially considering this gauntlet of games we have to play against tough teams with QBs this season.

So I'll buy that I have to cultivate a little more optimism this season... if only to protect my sanity about how I believe it could end.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kmvoss


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If wk2 went like wk1 did I might have been willing to try out the koolade...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8434
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.

Yeah, I'd agree that it is... and usually I try to stay in the middle as possible, not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic... but with Suggs going down, our defense looking in shambles (well to our standards anyway), I just don't have much to be truly optimistic about with this team's chances of winning a Super Bowl... unless I put in a little extra positive energy towards the idea that Flacco has improved enough to make up for any regression on defense. Because sure we've made improvements to our #3 WR option and we've improved our OL somewhat... but a QB taking the step to the next level is the only true way to get this team to that next level... or at the very least to where we were... especially considering this gauntlet of games we have to play against tough teams with QBs this season.

So I'll buy that I have to cultivate a little more optimism this season... if only to protect my sanity about how I believe it could end.


Dude... I know you qualified with "by our standards" but lets all take a step back off the ledge regarding the defense. Look how we were able to handle Cinci week 1, and they're looking like a VERY good offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FlaccoForever


Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 280
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.

Yeah, I'd agree that it is... and usually I try to stay in the middle as possible, not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic... but with Suggs going down, our defense looking in shambles (well to our standards anyway), I just don't have much to be truly optimistic about with this team's chances of winning a Super Bowl... unless I put in a little extra positive energy towards the idea that Flacco has improved enough to make up for any regression on defense. Because sure we've made improvements to our #3 WR option and we've improved our OL somewhat... but a QB taking the step to the next level is the only true way to get this team to that next level... or at the very least to where we were... especially considering this gauntlet of games we have to play against tough teams with QBs this season.

So I'll buy that I have to cultivate a little more optimism this season... if only to protect my sanity about how I believe it could end.


Dude... I know you qualified with "by our standards" but lets all take a step back off the ledge regarding the defense. Look how we were able to handle Cinci week 1, and they're looking like a VERY good offense.


The Bengals offense looks good but their defense still sucks, they won today but they still gave up 31 points (33 pts per game for the season). Dalton and Green will continue to take big steps forward but if they don't get their defense together they won't get back to the playoffs. They still have to prove they can beat playoff caliber teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlaccoForever


Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 280
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.

Yeah, I'd agree that it is... and usually I try to stay in the middle as possible, not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic... but with Suggs going down, our defense looking in shambles (well to our standards anyway), I just don't have much to be truly optimistic about with this team's chances of winning a Super Bowl... unless I put in a little extra positive energy towards the idea that Flacco has improved enough to make up for any regression on defense. Because sure we've made improvements to our #3 WR option and we've improved our OL somewhat... but a QB taking the step to the next level is the only true way to get this team to that next level... or at the very least to where we were... especially considering this gauntlet of games we have to play against tough teams with QBs this season.

So I'll buy that I have to cultivate a little more optimism this season... if only to protect my sanity about how I believe it could end.


Diamond you can't get caught up in what's happening now, it's way to early. The 49ers were considered the best team in the NFL up until today when they lost to the Vikings by 11 points. If the Ravens win tonight against the big bad Patriots I'm guessing the media will hype them as the second best team in the NFL, Houston beating down Denver will propel them as the media's best NFL team at least for this week. If the Ravens win tonight it won't put them in the Superbowl, we'll see where the Ravens truly stand by the end of this season. Fans tend to overreact in the NFL on a week to week basis, my advice would be to not get to high or low.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8434
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlaccoForever wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Well tbf Joe's deep ball placement has looked much improved in every game we've seen him play this season... and that includes his deep ball misses.

The vast majority of his misses from this season have been intentional overthrows where most of our targets seemed to be covered short-intermediate and Flacco went deep to Torrey/Jones, but intentionally overthrew them because of double coverage.

Obviously this year isn't a long enough sample size to conclude whether or not his deep ball has indeed reached a truly good/great level, but at this point I have no reason to believe that- like his playaction fake- it hasn't dramatically improved. And until he proves me otherwise I will continue to believe that it has.


That's a bit too optimistic for my tastes. Obviously Flacco has improved but I'm not going to assume he's improved in every area or that he's improved the same amount in different areas. It's still early in the season though and we'll have a better idea after the next few games. I will say that I MUCH prefer Flacco to overthrow guys going deep than underthrow them and some of those overthrows are probably intentional.

Yeah, I'd agree that it is... and usually I try to stay in the middle as possible, not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic... but with Suggs going down, our defense looking in shambles (well to our standards anyway), I just don't have much to be truly optimistic about with this team's chances of winning a Super Bowl... unless I put in a little extra positive energy towards the idea that Flacco has improved enough to make up for any regression on defense. Because sure we've made improvements to our #3 WR option and we've improved our OL somewhat... but a QB taking the step to the next level is the only true way to get this team to that next level... or at the very least to where we were... especially considering this gauntlet of games we have to play against tough teams with QBs this season.

So I'll buy that I have to cultivate a little more optimism this season... if only to protect my sanity about how I believe it could end.


Dude... I know you qualified with "by our standards" but lets all take a step back off the ledge regarding the defense. Look how we were able to handle Cinci week 1, and they're looking like a VERY good offense.


The Bengals offense looks good but their defense still sucks, they won today but they still gave up 31 points (33 pts per game for the season). Dalton and Green will continue to take big steps forward but if they don't get their defense together they won't get back to the playoffs. They still have to prove they can beat playoff caliber teams.


I was talking specifically about the doom and gloom talk re: ravens defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7176
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Dude... I know you qualified with "by our standards" but lets all take a step back off the ledge regarding the defense. Look how we were able to handle Cinci week 1, and they're looking like a VERY good offense.


Well if you want to go down that route look at how the defense crumbled against an Eagles offense that doesn't look good at all in the games outside of the one they played against the Ravens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group