Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Minnesota Favre-less Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Comes Out On Top?
49ers
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Vikings
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

Psychlone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mattbarrows Both Isaac Sopoaga and Patrick Willis were walking with no difficulty after the game. Harbaugh did not have any details on their injuries. 16 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Man, do I have a love/hate relationship with football. Possible injuries to key players, bad play, bad refs, bad....everything except for Kyle Williams' returns just put me into a very foul/quiet mood. Girlfriend is frustrated with me being frustrated. Blah.

Vikings came to play, we did not. Pretty simple strategy for losing. If Arizona wins today, it's going to be unbearable at work tomorrow. I might just lock the server room door.

Hats off to the Vikings. They looked like a playoff team today. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Time to go "wooosaaaah."

Thankyou. Classy post!

No one believed in Minnesota before the season. They laughed when we beat jacksonville, but no one can look at us that way anymore this season.

We looked legit today. We played with the best team in the league, and managed to win.

You guys have such a great team (Thanks for beating GB and Det too Laughing ). I still believe you guys are the team to beat.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks to lose. At least its early in the season and they adjust. Are they going to NY in between these games? I remember them saying that. This team looked flat today. I'm bummed but we're 2-1 I'll worry if we lose next week too.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
It sucks to lose. At least its early in the season and they adjust. Are they going to NY in between these games? I remember them saying that. This team looked flat today. I'm bummed but we're 2-1 I'll worry if we lose next week too.

They are doin the same thing as last season. Youngstown I think is where they are staying. Hopefully they work hard cuz the Jets wont be a push over. Possibly we throw a route more than 10 yards???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking ahead at the division, we have our work cut out for us
arizona is on smash and seattle is proving they are a carbon copy of us on defense.

the NFC west is a new division

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

They are doin the same thing as last season. Youngstown I think is where they are staying. Hopefully they work hard cuz the Jets wont be a push over. Possibly we throw a route more than 10 yards???
I don't care about our pass game. We abandoned our run game way too early. We never got Gore into a rhythm.

"Keep choppin' wood"
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i hate is we have so many weapons we arent using.

its like having a 40hp lawnmower in your garage and using scissors to cut your yard

i just dont understand what we're waiting on

It's Hard
It's rough
mrscottso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I don't care about our pass game. We abandoned our run game way too early. We never got Gore into a rhythm.

This ^^^^

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also we dont use our weapons the right way either.

kendall hunter should be used more on the perimeter for the screen game and off tackle plays. quit trying to bang him in there

also i guarantee you if jenkins and moss were on the field at the same time the intermediate and short passing game would open up along with better running lanes.

you dont try to cut down an oak tree with a shovel
and you dont try to dig a hole with a chainsaw

It's Hard
It's rough
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
what i hate is we have so many weapons we arent using.

its like having a 40hp lawnmower in your garage and using scissors to cut your yard

i just dont understand what we're waiting on
yup. We get all these guys because our offense sucked last year and we stick to the gameplans of last year when we had no receivers. I dont get it either.

"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the game....

Coaching: Simply horrid. We had some sort of rhythm on our 2nd drive which ended in a 4th and 1 on the Viking 25 and we KICK A FG? C'mon Harbs, there are situations when you go for it, and this was one of them. We were driving and had momentum, I'm confident that we would have gotten the first had we ran for it.

Play calling was not there. Honestly it was similar to last week, but the only difference is that we executed. Last week we had plays that were designed for Alex to throw it before the sticks, but we generated YAC to get the first. Vikings prepared for our short game today and shut it down.

Offense: My goodness Joe Staley is bad. He was getting abused all day, no different from how Clay destroyed him. He's vastly overrated and if AD continues his growth, I can see a position move in the future.

Alex left a lot out there too. His passes sailed way too much for my liking, obviously Moss didn't try very hard during that tipped pass that would have resulted in a 1st. Pressure was in his face all day and he couldn't step in to his throws. Overall he didn't look comfortable all day, as did our entire offense.

Offensive line got no push and did not look good at all. I kind of thought this would happen. They were full of themselves after that Lions game, and need this to bring them back to earth.

Defense: Where were you guys all day? Zero pressure on Ponder, none whatsoever. Just a pitiful showing for the so called #1 defense in the NFL. We had an opportunity to recover a fumble and for Whitner to have a pick 6, but capitalized on literally nothing.

Special Teams: Kyle Williams was the only highlight of today. Unfortunately his 94 yard return only netted 3 points, so sorry about that Kyle. Once Akers got that kick blocked, I knew it was game over for us.

Overall: Horrible showing on all phases of the game, coaching included. I thought we'd fall flat today, but I didn't think we'd lose. After playing hard fought battles against Green Bay and Detroit, this was expected. We looked lethargic and out of sync , but this should not happen to a top NFL team. Harbaugh better get this team together in Youngstown.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes we gotta throw big just to let the defense know we can. Otherwise this kind of game happens. I thought for sure we would try to make some big throws today especially with Moss coming back to Minny. We have to try long plays so the defense can respect what we do on offense. I'm really confused at what their gameplan was today. We are a power run game and we got away from that before we dug ourselves a hole in the score.

"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

A resounding +1. We need to feed the ball to Gore for Alex and co to get into rhythm and we didn't. Surprisingly, horrible planning by Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Thoughts on the game....

Pretty much nailed it, SoCal. Too depressed to give a proper smiley now...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

A resounding +1. We need to feed the ball to Gore for Alex and co to get into rhythm and we didn't. Surprisingly, horrible planning by Harbaugh.
every game where we try to not run the ball or abandon the run we lose. Drives me nuts. Just like last year when we were killin the giants with the run and we lost because we stopped running.

"Keep choppin' wood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

Jump to: