Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Three: Tampa Bay (1-1) @ Dallas (1-1) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Is our offense effective in practice? Serious question. Does it work during the week? Is that why we do what we do on Sundays?


Idk. But I think Schiano gets in Sullivans ear. But there are a lot of things we don't know behind the doors at 1 Buc Place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3472
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
At least we're not New Orleans. Laughing

wow we are 1-2 instead of 0-3...what HUGE difference Rolling Eyes

Half you guys aren't any fun to talk football with.

Oh..my bad. I will talk more about that magical offense I heard about last week that can go toe to toe with anybody in the league...is that better?
_________________
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2932
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
At least we're not New Orleans. Laughing

wow we are 1-2 instead of 0-3...what HUGE difference Rolling Eyes

Half you guys aren't any fun to talk football with.

Oh..my bad. I will talk more about that magical offense I heard about last week that can go toe to toe with anybody in the league...is that better?


Yeah. Last year, I kept hearing how Olson was terrible for Freeman. Now this year it's again not his fault. I think there's a reason they don't take the chain of Freeman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy


If you can't scare anyone in the passing game, running the ball won't work either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4233
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Is our offense effective in practice? Serious question. Does it work during the week? Is that why we do what we do on Sundays?


Idk. But I think Schiano gets in Sullivans ear. But there are a lot of things we don't know behind the doors at 1 Buc Place.


Well Schiano said we would do better with the defensive playcalling and I think we did. Hopefully they adjust the playcalls on offense.... like, all of them... and come back better next week. The Skins have a solid offense next week, so we'll need to be able to score points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2932
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy


If you can't scare anyone in the passing game, running the ball won't work either.


My basic point is trying to keep everyone tight near the line of scrimmage is creating no running lanes. I'm not making excuses for Freeman, but maybe it is time to look at what he has done well in his career and tailor and offense around it as a foundation. I think it would be smart to maybe see more shot gun as opposed to running under center most of the game. I'm looking for answers and not making excuses for Freeman. I have zero interest in seeing Orlovksy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy


If you can't scare anyone in the passing game, running the ball won't work either.


My basic point is trying to keep everyone tight near the line of scrimmage is creating no running lanes. I'm not making excuses for Freeman, but maybe it is time to look at what he has done well in his career and tailor and offense around it as a foundation. I think it would be smart to maybe see more shot gun as opposed to running under center most of the game. I'm looking for answers and not making excuses for Freeman. I have zero interest in seeing Orlovksy.


Me neither. But watching that Freeman performance, makes you wonder how much worse Orlovsky would have been?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2932
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy


If you can't scare anyone in the passing game, running the ball won't work either.


My basic point is trying to keep everyone tight near the line of scrimmage is creating no running lanes. I'm not making excuses for Freeman, but maybe it is time to look at what he has done well in his career and tailor and offense around it as a foundation. I think it would be smart to maybe see more shot gun as opposed to running under center most of the game. I'm looking for answers and not making excuses for Freeman. I have zero interest in seeing Orlovksy.


Me neither. But watching that Freeman performance, makes you wonder how much worse Orlovsky would have been?


Freeman missed throws today no doubt. I just would like to see a change in philosophy to tailor to players' strengths on that side of the ball. I thought I saw some great changes on the defensive side of the ball with Sheridan. Letting the d-line rush more often as opposed to exotic blitzes and twists. I want to see Sullivan make similiar changes on offense. More spread formation and less 2TE and 1 WR sets.
No doubt Freeman missed throws.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28987
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're only giving up 48 yards per game on the ground at 2.1 yards per carry. Not bad.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 80 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I like the I formation with a FB. However, I think with this team it needs to be a supplement in the gameplan, not the mainstay. Outside of Nicks, the o-line isn't moving guys out. I don't think abandoning the run should be done, but spread the field with multiple WRs.

On the flip side, holy crap is the front 7 going to be awesome for a long-time if they can stay healthy. Okay, the front six, I won't include Black. Very Happy


If you can't scare anyone in the passing game, running the ball won't work either.


My basic point is trying to keep everyone tight near the line of scrimmage is creating no running lanes. I'm not making excuses for Freeman, but maybe it is time to look at what he has done well in his career and tailor and offense around it as a foundation. I think it would be smart to maybe see more shot gun as opposed to running under center most of the game. I'm looking for answers and not making excuses for Freeman. I have zero interest in seeing Orlovksy.


Me neither. But watching that Freeman performance, makes you wonder how much worse Orlovsky would have been?


Freeman missed throws today no doubt. I just would like to see a change in philosophy to tailor to players' strengths on that side of the ball. I thought I saw some great changes on the defensive side of the ball with Sheridan. Letting the d-line rush more often as opposed to exotic blitzes and twists. I want to see Sullivan make similiar changes on offense. More spread formation and less 2TE and 1 WR sets.
No doubt Freeman missed throws.


Opening up the offense will not fix Freeman's current problem that he's ALWAYS Had. Locking onto one guy and holding the ball til he gets open. That hasn't changed in 4 years and quite frankly, I don't think it will.

It makes you wonder, you hear how he's a Film rat, yet he hasn';t improved?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadabuccaneer


Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 889
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
At least we're not New Orleans. Laughing

wow we are 1-2 instead of 0-3...what HUGE difference Rolling Eyes

Half you guys aren't any fun to talk football with.

Oh..my bad. I will talk more about that magical offense I heard about last week that can go toe to toe with anybody in the league...is that better?


Yeah. Last year, I kept hearing how Olson was terrible for Freeman. Now this year it's again not his fault. I think there's a reason they don't take the chain of Freeman.


Take Freeman out of this for ONE second and you can't argue that our offensive play calling is for lack of a better term offensive the past few seasons.
_________________


#EmbraceTheSuck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3472
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cant get over how bad our CB's are.....they cannot make any plays when the ball is thrown...


Only thing I can think of is we do matchup well against the skins...but then again we will end up loosing if this magical offense struggles to get 100 yards for the game
_________________
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
USFTAMPABAY20


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 869
Location: Tampa, FL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 receivers who havent played a down this season were active for us. Play calling was terrible and extremely predictable but it is way too early to mail it in under sullivan. doesnt anybody remember last year we werent even competitive?
_________________


Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1258
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Freeman got hit in the head before the season and got amnesia and forgot that extending the play is an option. He slimmed down so he could be more elusive, but he's just been a sitting duck so far this season.
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group