Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Forum Marathon Survival Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milanb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
One strike for losing, one strike for being late?

sounds like Highschool all over again. Laughing

Week 3 Winners:
Steelers over Raiders
Jets over Dolphins

Any picks for this week made after the start of the Thursday games will not be counted.

The contestant will be charged with a strike and asked to make two picks the following week.

I really do not like to impose penalties, but the rules are the rules and I'm trying to be fair to the people who sent their picks in on time. I have posted reminders prior to the deadline each week, so there is no excuse.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, after thursday, why? In other marathon games I always make my pick on sunday before the games if I don't pick a thursday night game (which I rarely do), I never got pinged for that?

It's unfair to the people picking on sunday as well. If you pick thursday you can wait till late to take into account last minute injuries and such, giving you an advantage over people picking a sunday game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Wait, after thursday, why? In other marathon games I always make my pick on sunday before the games if I don't pick a thursday night game (which I rarely do), I never got pinged for that?

It's unfair to the people picking on sunday as well. If you pick thursday you can wait till late to take into account last minute injuries and such, giving you an advantage over people picking a sunday game.

Huh?

The rules are pretty clear and were posted prior to the start of the contest. The deadline is there so that everyone is picking from the same pool of games every week, on the same timetable, with the same information available to them. It takes less than a minute to log in and post your weekly pick. I have posted reminders every single week. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Huh?

The rules are pretty clear and were posted prior to the start of the contest. The deadline is there so that everyone is picking from the same pool of games every week, on the same timetable, with the same information available to them. It takes less than a minute to log in and post your weekly pick. I have posted reminders every single week. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

I just don't see why you can't just pick a sunday game on sunday, I do this with nearly every marathon game out there. Or you could pick a monday night game on monday, you're only limiting the options as to which games you can pick, so it's not like there's any advantage in it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

I just don't see why you can't just pick a sunday game on sunday, I do this with nearly every marathon game out there. Or you could pick a monday night game on monday, you're only limiting the options as to which games you can pick, so it's not like there's any advantage in it.

Because things can happen between Thursday and Sunday, especially in terms of injuries and weather.

I don't want a situation where e.g. Aaron Rodgers is hurt and his status isn't announced until game day. Then all of a sudden the people who waited until game day have the advantage of knowing if he's going to play or not.

Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Because things can happen between Thursday and Sunday, especially in terms of injuries and weather.

I don't want a situation where e.g. Aaron Rodgers is hurt and his status isn't announced until game day. Then all of a sudden the people who waited until game day have the advantage of knowing if he's going to play or not.

It's the other way around. Now someone picking on thursday has the advantage, because he has the most up to date knowledge. People picking on sunday or monday have to keep their fingers crossed nothing changes.

If everyone can pick until the day of the game they're actually picking (so monday for MNF, etc), everyone making a pick has the same option to get updates just prior to the game. That way it's fair for everyone.

It's not like waiting has extra advantages, you'r essentially forgoing the option to from an extra game (TNF).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

It's the other way around. Now someone picking on thursday has the advantage, because he has the most up to date knowledge. People picking on sunday or monday have to keep their fingers crossed nothing changes.

If everyone can pick until the day of the game they're actually picking (so monday for MNF, etc), everyone making a pick has the same option to get updates just prior to the game. That way it's fair for everyone.

It's not like waiting has extra advantages, you'r essentially forgoing the option to from an extra game (TNF).

That's complete nonsense. Especially as you go deeper into the season and contestants have fewer and fewer choices.

The rules are the rules. They were designed with fairness and simplicity in mind. It's not unreasonable to ask people to make their picks by Thursday.

Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

The rules are the rules.

Mad

Ok, so I now have 2 strikes and I have to pick 2 games next week, correct?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Week 1 pick: Bears over Colts

Week 2 pick: 49ers over Lions

Week 3 pick: Steelers over Raiders

Looks like one strike for me.

Week 4 pick: Cardinals over Dolphins
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

Mad

Ok, so I now have 2 strikes and I have to pick 2 games next week, correct?

At last we understand each other.

Wink

milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the weekly results, as no one has chosen either Green Bay or Seattle as their weekly winner.

A few people have struggled to get their picks in on time and one person made two picks when he was not asked to, so I counted only his first selection.

Sad

Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I have updated the weekly results, as no one has chosen either Green Bay or Seattle as their weekly winner.

A few people have struggled to get their picks in on time and one person made two picks when he was not asked to, so I counted only his first selection.

Sad

Wait, do I have 1 strike or 2? I only see one red strike in the standings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
milanb wrote:

Sad

As far as I can tell, your Week 1 and Week 2 picks both won. You should have only one strike.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting game concept so far, milanb, thanks for hosting it.

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
milanb wrote:

Sad

As far as I can tell, your Week 1 and Week 2 picks both won. You should have only one strike.

Oh, so the late pick didn't count at all (because I had that one wrong).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: