Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Worthington is ready for a greater role

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Doug Worthington is ready for a greater role Reply with quote

With Carriker's injury we know we will finally get to see our 2nd round pick from last year Jarvis Jenkins start opposite Stephen Bowen at DE. We also re-signed Doug Worthington a big strong DE who is a 3 year pro out of Ohio State where he made the Steelers practice squad. He was cut from the Steelers practice squad on Sept 7th and then the Buccaneers signed Worthington to their practice squad. He has spent the past two years on the redskins practice squad where he nearly made the redskins 53 man roster but ended up on our practice squad two straignt years. He gained confidence from the preseason. He had nine tackles over four games.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2012/09/21/after-two-seasons-doug-worthington-ready-for-greater-role-redskins/

Quote:
“I can’t say it’s nothing but a blessing to be able to be on that sideline, to get in the game, get a little bit of action and get on the field this year,” Worthington said. “It’s tremendous. There’s not a lot of words that can describe it.”

Worthington credits Carriker and Stephen Bowen for helping him learn the nuances of the position and defensive line coach Jacob Burney for doing “tremendous [work] with me the last year and a half.”

“You know, I’ve been practice squad for a few years now and have been working my tail off, and just to get an opportunity is a blessing,” Worthington said.”

I hope Worthington gets some snaps out there. I've very intrigued to see how he will play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will try to put Baker in at nose and slide Cofeild down the line to keep guys fresh and a good rotation going?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I wonder if they will try to put Baker in at nose and slide Cofeild down the line to keep guys fresh and a good rotation going?
That wouldn't be a bad idea, Baker outweighs Cofield by about 15 lbs. Maybe they will play him more at NT and Cofield more at end. I'd have to say i've been a bit disapointed at Cofield so far this year at NT, he has no tackles and last week the Rams just gashed us up the middle with a back up center. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: