Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players you wish that panned out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Justin Harrell. That guy just couldn't catch a break. Worked hard, had a good attitude, played pretty well but just kept getting hurt.
This, plus it seemed so many Green Bay fans were quick to hate the mans guts. Sad story, I just hope he saved his money and can live a normal life. I wish GB fans would have been more welcoming to him.

I never understood the hatred he got from fans. It was almost shameful.

It wasn't almost shameful, it was shameful. Many arm-chair GMs didn't like the pick. And a lot of them would rather be right than have the player succeed. A lot of people did him wrong as fans of the team.
It's one thing to disagree. It is a whole different thing to hope for failure because you can then say "I told you so."

Could not agree more! Hate when fans pull that BS. Not even sure why they felt that way on draft day? Harrell would have been a VERY high pick if not for the bicep injury. Like top5 high!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Justin Harrell. That guy just couldn't catch a break. Worked hard, had a good attitude, played pretty well but just kept getting hurt.
This, plus it seemed so many Green Bay fans were quick to hate the mans guts. Sad story, I just hope he saved his money and can live a normal life. I wish GB fans would have been more welcoming to him.

I never understood the hatred he got from fans. It was almost shameful.

It wasn't almost shameful, it was shameful. Many arm-chair GMs didn't like the pick. And a lot of them would rather be right than have the player succeed. A lot of people did him wrong as fans of the team.
It's one thing to disagree. It is a whole different thing to hope for failure because you can then say "I told you so."

Could not agree more! Hate when fans pull that BS. Not even sure why they felt that way on draft day? Harrell would have been a VERY high pick if not for the bicep injury. Like top5 high!
Because those super reliable draft websites with expert analysis said he was a mid 2nd rounder. Honestly when you want a guy to fail because that would make you right, IMO then you aren't a real fan. I really wanted an OLB/5tech when we drafted Sherrod, wasn't a huge fan of his style and mindset of LT only. That said, nothing would make me happier than Sherrod coming back and becoming a top 5 LT in the league. People have to realize that the guys who make their money doing this know a HELL of a lot more than any of those draft sites.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with every word! I stay away from those websites. But i sure had a high grade on Harrell that year. The clear top of my board at the time of the pick. Think I had him 9 overall that year if I remember right.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn't to say you can't disagree with picks. Everybody will have different ideas. I didn't like the James Jones selection. But I have never rooted against him just to say I was right. And I truely feel that there was a group of fans that wanted Harrell to fail just to be right. And I extend that I think they would also rather be right than win.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
That isn't to say you can't disagree with picks. Everybody will have different ideas. I didn't like the James Jones selection. But I have never rooted against him just to say I was right. And I truely feel that there was a group of fans that wanted Harrell to fail just to be right. And I extend that I think they would also rather be right than win.

Correct sir. I have disagreed with many a TT draft pick. Sure as hell pull for all of them though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about that a bit more. I don't think it's ever been a board slot issue for me with TT's picks. More times than not he has taken them when they were about to go. Many times it's just been a fit issue for me or I wanted him to go a different direction. The slot is always spot on with TT though, and if you see a guy you want........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't get people who root against their own players to be right. I wanted Upshaw, that doesn't mean I'm going to be hating on Perry the rest of my life. Not gonna rag on Worthy+Hayward because I wanted Trumaine Johnson
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best example of this lately was Jerron McMillian. We take him in the 4th and Todd McShay comes on ESPN and says how he watched 3 tapes of Jerron and never saw anything draftable of his game. I am sure that some kid was screaming at the top of his lungs cursing out Ted because Todd McShay wasn't on board. I hadn't heard of the kid before we took him, hadn't seen 1 second of Maine Black Bears football, you have to trust the guys who do it for a living. So far I like the pick.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In recent history...

Harrell, #1 for sure
V. Holiday
Colledge
Murphy
Blackmon
Nick Collins, while very good, could have done so much more... :`(

I'm hoping Sherrod doesn't vault into the top 2 eventually...
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Yeah I don't get people who root against their own players to be right. I wanted Upshaw, that doesn't mean I'm going to be hating on Perry the rest of my life. Not gonna rag on Worthy+Hayward because I wanted Trumaine Johnson
Yeah call me an idiot but I wanted Justin Houston hella bad when we drafted Randall Cobb Embarassed I did NOT want a WR. Needless to say, I am a huge Cobb fan now! Cool

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick Mayes. Loved him at Notre Dame and spent years hearing how great his hands were in practice but it never translated into the games.

Kevin Barry. From my hometown, best friends with my friend's brother, and just a really nice guy.

Eddie Lee Ivery. He was my favorite player when I was young I think just because his name was fun to say.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Derrick Mayes. Loved him at Notre Dame and spent years hearing how great his hands were in practice but it never translated into the games.

Kevin Barry. From my hometown, best friends with my friend's brother, and just a really nice guy.

Eddie Lee Ivery. He was my favorite player when I was young I think just because his name was fun to say.

He was actually pretty solid there for awhile for a UDFA guy

El Ramster on the amazing work
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U-71 baby!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
U-71 baby!
Laughing Laughing Back when we were rolling out the U-71 I was just starting middle school football. I played OT and the biggest honor was wearing the #71 jersey for a lineman, just kind of a legendary number at our school, a tradition passed down. Low and behold I had good enough practices to get that #71. Then the Packers were getting some attention for that package, I went out and custom ordered a Green Bay Packers #71 jersey with my name on it and everything. I was on cloud 9 Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny as hell man. You still have the jersey?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: