Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins lose LB Orakpo, DL Carriker for the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge loss for Washington. Both guys where integral parts of their defense. Be interesting to see if RG III can lift the team up and carry them to a winning record this season in spite of these 2 injuries.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Huge blow for the Redskins. As if they needed to put anymore pressure on RGIII to carry the team.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important question is, will we still be seeing him at the pancake social tomorrow?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
The defense crumbled yesterday when they lost these two and Josh Wilson before the half. Hate to say it, but the defense will probably not recover from losing these two. Jarvis Jenkins can alleviate some of Carriker's lost impact, but he's better suited to coming off the bench at this point.

Lalalala life goes on.

i think jenkins will actually be better then carriker. As for orakpo hes gonna be hard to replace. but keep in mind rob jackson is probably a better pass rusher then orakpo. Not so much on coverage and run D.

Shocked

Hes telling the truth .
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
The defense crumbled yesterday when they lost these two and Josh Wilson before the half. Hate to say it, but the defense will probably not recover from losing these two. Jarvis Jenkins can alleviate some of Carriker's lost impact, but he's better suited to coming off the bench at this point.

Lalalala life goes on.

i think jenkins will actually be better then carriker. As for orakpo hes gonna be hard to replace. but keep in mind rob jackson is probably a better pass rusher then orakpo. Not so much on coverage and run D.

Shocked

Hes telling the truth .

No, no he's not. You two have a completely unbased fascination with Rob Jackson when the truth is he's an okay pass rusher who can't do anything else very well.

Their's a reason he's never started. If he was as great as you wish him to be, we'd not of had to draft Kerrigan.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
if rg3 plays 16 games skins win atleast 9

Not with their schedule and their D
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , Jim Haslett must have been the only person on the face of the earth...actually no, the only person in the damn solar system that didnt realize is zone defense wasn't stopping Amendola

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
redskins4789

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
yeah , Jim Haslett must have been the only person on the face of the earth...actually no, the only person in the damn solar system that didnt realize is zone defense wasn't stopping Amendola

I have never seen anything more stupid from a d-coordinator we went man to man with the saints and shut down there passing attack but against the rams we play the softest zone in nfl history i dont get it.
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I have never seen anything more stupid from a d-coordinator we went man to man with the saints and shut down there passing attack but against the rams we play the softest zone in nfl history i dont get it.
Haslett was removed from defensive play calling duties in the 4th Quarter against the Rams. Newly hired and former Bucs Head Coach Raheem Morris took over. You got to wonder whether Shanahan is fazing Haslett out soon.
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I am rooting for the Skins to have a TERRIBLE year, I'd rather they do it with their best players out there sucking it up.

Massive blow to their D as everyone has pointed out.

El Ramster on this beaut!
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
As much as I am rooting for the Skins to have a TERRIBLE year, I'd rather they do it with their best players out there sucking it up.

Don't worry. You're well on your way to a free top 10 pick
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

That gave me wood
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt these injuries suck to the high heavens. The silver lining though is that it gives a chance for several young players to get some playing time throughout this year, which will help our depth for the future.

Now, Rob jackson will be starting and we re-signed our 7th round pick from last year Markus White. They will be competing with Chris Wilson a 6 year vet for the starting spot opposite Kerrigan at OLB.

With Carriker's injury we will finally get to see our 2nd round pick from last year Jarvis Jenkins start opposite Stephen Bowen at DE. We also re-signed Doug Worthington off our practice squad, a 3year pro out of Ohio State. In 2010 he made the Steelers practice squad. He was cut from the Steelers practice squad on Sept 7th and then the Buccaneers signed Worthington to their practice squad. He has spent the past two years on the redskins practice squad where he nearly made the redskins 53 man roster but ended up on our practice squad two straignt years. He gained confidence from the preseason. He had nine tackles over four games.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2012/09/21/after-two-seasons-doug-worthington-ready-for-greater-role-redskins/

Quote:
“I can’t say it’s nothing but a blessing to be able to be on that sideline, to get in the game, get a little bit of action and get on the field this year,” Worthington said. “It’s tremendous. There’s not a lot of words that can describe it.”

Worthington credits Carriker and Stephen Bowen for helping him learn the nuances of the position and defensive line coach Jacob Burney for doing “tremendous [work] with me the last year and a half.”

“You know, I’ve been practice squad for a few years now and have been working my tail off, and just to get an opportunity is a blessing,” Worthington said.”

Redskins fans are very intrigued to see these young players play and get an opportunity to develop through playing meaningful snaps in regular season games.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Haslett was removed from defensive play calling duties in the 4th Quarter against the Rams. Newly hired and former Bucs Head Coach Raheem Morris took over. You got to wonder whether Shanahan is fazing Haslett out soon.
I heard Hasslett's head set broke. The players are denying this took place, but maybe they are covering up for their coach.

Either way, the defense did not get any better when Morris started calling plays. No matter which way you want to look at it we could not overcome these injuries, and I agree playing zone vs Amendola was dumb. We should have had played man to man and had Wilson on Amendola all game long.

Amendola really reminds me of Wes welker and players like that are nearly impossible to stop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

I wouldn't say it's free. We happen to have the best looking rookie in the NFL right now on our team.

Maybe you've heard of him, his name is Robert Griffin III?

I've heard people joke around that the Rams would have been better off trading Sam Bradford to the redskins for a 1st round pick and they should have drafted RG3. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: