Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Complete Patrick Peterson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: The Complete Patrick Peterson Reply with quote

Patrick Peterson crept up on the edge of the tight Patriots formation on third-and-1, and proceeded to show why the Cardinals think he can be an elite all-around cornerback. As running back Stevan Ridley took the handoff, Peterson exploded off the ball, driving 6-foot-4, 263-pound tight end Michael Hoomanawanui backward and into the path of Ridley, sprinting on a sweep toward the open side of the field.

The 6-2, 219-pound Peterson then disengaged quickly from the block and grabbed Ridley, dragging him down for a stunning four-yard loss.

“Not many guys can make that play,” marveled Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim later.

Peterson collected headlines for running the “PatCat” offense in New England, and made it on ESPN’s top 10 plays for his diving one-handed interception of a tipped Tom Brady pass. But it was his excellent play on Ridley (video at the bottom) that made football people shake their head in amazement.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/The-Complete-Patrick-Peterson/6e3525f8-0167-427b-9c26-e930290acb8e

All of this begs the obvious question: Is there a more important player to this team than Patrick Peterson is right now? I'm not sure there is, not even Fitz.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Complete Patrick Peterson Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Patrick Peterson crept up on the edge of the tight Patriots formation on third-and-1, and proceeded to show why the Cardinals think he can be an elite all-around cornerback. As running back Stevan Ridley took the handoff, Peterson exploded off the ball, driving 6-foot-4, 263-pound tight end Michael Hoomanawanui backward and into the path of Ridley, sprinting on a sweep toward the open side of the field.

The 6-2, 219-pound Peterson then disengaged quickly from the block and grabbed Ridley, dragging him down for a stunning four-yard loss.

“Not many guys can make that play,” marveled Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim later.

Peterson collected headlines for running the “PatCat” offense in New England, and made it on ESPN’s top 10 plays for his diving one-handed interception of a tipped Tom Brady pass. But it was his excellent play on Ridley (video at the bottom) that made football people shake their head in amazement.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/The-Complete-Patrick-Peterson/6e3525f8-0167-427b-9c26-e930290acb8e

All of this begs the obvious question: Is there a more important player to this team than Patrick Peterson is right now? I'm not sure there is, not even Fitz.

Only a matter of time before he is a top 20 player in the NFL regardless of position IMHO. The tackle for a loss was a thing of beauty, but to blow up a TE as a CB pushing him into the backfield off the line, shed the block and explode to make the TFL was rediculous!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite Cardinals draft picks of all time. I don't see 49er's fans laughing at the pick like they were last year.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
One of my favorite Cardinals draft picks of all time. I don't see 49er's fans laughing at the pick like they were last year.

It's helps that Gabbert and Locker haven't lit up the world yet.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

The PP vs Aldon Smith debate will be a fun debate for the next several years. Both seem to be on their way to multiple pro bowls.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

The PP vs Aldon Smith debate will be a fun debate for the next several years. Both seem to be on their way to multiple pro bowls.

Put Aldon Smith on a weak defensive team overall and there would be little impact. He fits in well with the 49er's though.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, some Niners fans were actually laughing at the Peterson pick? I can't imagine that as almost EVERY SF fan wanted Peterson to slip to the 7th spot. I know for a fact I did, but this guy is going to be a superstar. Maybe Peterson got some flack when he was struggling against Crabtree, but what rookie CB doesn't struggle?

As for Aldon Smith struggling on a weak defensive team? Highly doubt it, he came in the league as an raw prospect and still put up huge numbers. People had doubts if he could play the run once he took over as the starter, but so far he has been very stout in that area. The next step will be getting better in pass coverage but that may take some time. Smith is going to be one of the best pass rushers for the next 10 or so years in this league. Peterson has the chance to become the best corner in a few years as well.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Wait, some Niners fans were actually laughing at the Peterson pick? I can't imagine that as almost EVERY SF fan wanted Peterson to slip to the 7th spot. I know for a fact I did, but this guy is going to be a superstar. Maybe Peterson got some flack when he was struggling against Crabtree, but what rookie CB doesn't struggle?

As for Aldon Smith struggling on a weak defensive team? Highly doubt it, he came in the league as an raw prospect and still put up huge numbers. People had doubts if he could play the run once he took over as the starter, but so far he has been very stout in that area. The next step will be getting better in pass coverage but that may take some time. Smith is going to be one of the best pass rushers for the next 10 or so years in this league. Peterson has the chance to become the best corner in a few years as well.

Yeah. When he was slipping and sliding on the field in the first game against the 49er's there were 49er fans laughing and saying he is crap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: