Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bart Scott threatens reporter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
El ramster wrote:
It's all brian schottenheimer fault.

Honestly the Jets wth man. You can't focus

on football with all these off the field issues.

The Jets are an amazing soap oprah. What's next?

Sucks because those are some of the most passionate

fans I have ever met. My friend bleeds Green and white.

His whole house is all jets. Dude drops so much $$$$

It's not even funny.

I couldn't help but read this as a poem. Reminds me of e.e. cummings.

I swear that you are the 10oth person to tell me this.

Quote:
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

If the shoe fits…

Who knew there were so many (anything over 3 is a lot) e.e. cummings fans on FF? Smile
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of these TMZ sensationalizing reporters following this team... I wish Bart punched Leberfeld, he deserves it, the guy is a major tool. There are only a couple of reporters that I like following this team, the rest are just trying to grab national attention and don't care how they do it, even if it means taking a quote out of context or pushing a player for a reaction. Bart is trying to boycott the media for a reason, but they keep on trying to talk to him. I hate the media in general... I really hope the Jets play pissed off and take a us vs the world mentality.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
I'm told this was the second time just this week Leberfeld had provoked Scott by taking a picture of him walking with a female reporter.

https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

I don't know what Leberfeld did to "provoke" it. But he was taking a picture of Scott walking with a female reporter, can we drop this nonsense that Leberfeld was trying to take pictures of Scott in a changing room? Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP/status/249218463577567233

Quote:
I can't believe I'm writing this, but the more I learn about the background of this situation, the more I think Bart Scott had a point.

Same guy. If another reporter is siding with Scott, I have to think the guy really had it coming.

Its Dan Leberfeld, of course the guy had it coming. You won't find many guys out there that are a bigger tool bag than he is.

It sucks that a quality reporter like Jenny had to leave us for the Giants, wish the Giants would have taken one of these other $#%T#$ guys covering this team.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
JoeT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart's often out of line with some of his comments and actions on and off the football field. The Jets themselves have a higher incidence of "circus activities" than the average NFL team, too (though not nearly as much as some would like to admit). With that said, however, it doesn't mean every storyline involving Bart and/or the Jets means they're the ones at fault.

As a long-time Jets fan, regular forum poster on the website Leberfeld used to work for, and someone who consumes a ton of sports media across all sports, I can easily say Leberfeld might very well be the biggest hack I've ever come across. If you think most writers are uninsightful or often fishing for storylines without merit, almost none of them come close to this guy. He's an absolute joke of a writer and analyst who reeks of blatant bias and makes many tabloid writers look dignified. I wish I were being hyperbolic, but I'm not.

Anyways, there's probably more context here than is being reported (and Leberfeld looks like a twit even without extra context), and the fact that no one in the New York sports media is coming to this guy's defense (and never does) when everyone is always salivating for Jets circus storylines is pretty telling in itself.

There'll surely be times for legitimate pot shots at Jet behavior at some point this season. This probably isn't one of them.
JoeT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
I'm told this was the second time just this week Leberfeld had provoked Scott by taking a picture of him walking with a female reporter.

https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

I don't know what Leberfeld did to "provoke" it. But he was taking a picture of Scott walking with a female reporter, can we drop this nonsense that Leberfeld was trying to take pictures of Scott in a changing room? Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP/status/249218463577567233

Quote:
I can't believe I'm writing this, but the more I learn about the background of this situation, the more I think Bart Scott had a point.

Same guy. If another reporter is siding with Scott, I have to think the guy really had it coming.

Its Dan Leberfeld, of course the guy had it coming. You won't find many guys out there that are a bigger tool bag than he is.

It sucks that a quality reporter like Jenny had to leave us for the Giants, wish the Giants would have taken one of these other $#%T#$ guys covering this team.

Manish Mehta is great, thankfully we still have him, but yeah, having him and Jenny was really a great combo of beat writers we were lucky to have. The rest are largely useless and uninsightful like most around the league.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

More Jets incidents!!!

Why didn't Tebow step in?

Not a good Leader imo. Laughing

Realizing the amount of sarcasm laced here, but to be honest, Tebow's intelligent. He knows that the more out of control things get the more likely he'll be turned to as the, pardon the religious reference, savior.

I don't like the way the media unnecessarily heaps praise upon Tebow for the "he just wins" bit while excusing his generally poor play. But at the same time, considering just Tebow the person, it's extremely hard to dislike the guy. He honestly isn't as preachy as folks want to make him out to be. He wears his faith on his sleeve, but so do A LOT of pro athletes (Reggie White, anyone? Honestly, Kurt Warner was preachier than Tebow is.). But if his attitude toward the game could be proliferated to the rest of his union-mates, I'd wager we'd be seeing far less of the acts bringing so much negative publicity on the league that we are.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeT wrote:
If you think most writers are uninsightful or often fishing for storylines without merit, almost none of them come close to this guy. He's an absolute joke of a writer and analyst who reeks of blatant bias and makes many tabloid writers look dignified. I wish I were being hyperbolic, but I'm not.

Trust me, I know the feeling. Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton is insufferable when it comes to reporting Chargers stuff - the guy is a relatively knowledgeable baseball/Padres radio host but still ultimately a sensationalist journalist (the Tom Leykis of sports radio). When it comes to football the man is clueless as to how the league and sport actually functions; one of those, "I don't care how or that it's not even possible to fix this problem, just fix it" guys.

And this is coming from someone whose been tempered as far as sports journalism goes because living in LA I've had to put up with the homerific and sensationalism-splendor that is Colin Cowherd for almost a decade long than the rest of you that just have to see him on ESPN (he's been on ESPN radio for a lot longer).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
When Scott threatened to punch the Reporter, the Reporter should have come back with a "CAN'T WAIT!!!"

Laughing

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the photo (apparently) that started this:

IMO this just makes the whole incident all the more confusing. WTF is the reporter taking a photo of?

And why is Scott so upset about this random photo? Is he just against people taking unauthorised photo in general?

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bart Scott threatens reporter Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Malik wrote:
Hasn't this happened to Jim Rome on multiple occasions.

Just with Chris Everett that I recall! Wink

Call me Chris one more time

OK Chris. Wink

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:

Off topic, but she is doing an excellent job covering the Giants... One of the best we have

^Joe_is_the_best
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo captures more than just Scott. What if a teammate was changing, what if there were things going on that werent meant to be seen by the public. The reporter is clearly stepping over his boundaries, and it was on a camera phone. How unprofessional is that, considering how social media works one picture and the entire world has access to it depending on where he sends it. Sorry, that just isnt journalism to me, any fool with those kind of privaleges could do that. And given its his camera phone, who knows what else he would do with that picture in terms of personal use. To me its doesnt seem professional and further, potentially could create a problem depending upon what was taken in the background. So its all right for a reporter to snap a pic. of a player changing on there phone. I think that essentially could be the issue, if anyone one of those background players were changing.Complete violation of privacy.

Reporters are exposed to a lot, doesnt mean they need to capture everything on there camera phone. Act professional.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
That photo captures more than just Scott. What if a teammate was changing, what if there were things going on that werent meant to be seen by the public. The reporter is clearly stepping over his boundaries, and it was on a camera phone. How unprofessional is that, considering how social media works one picture and the entire world has access to it depending on where he sends it. Sorry, that just isnt journalism to me, any fool with those kind of privaleges could do that. And given its his camera phone, who knows what else he would do with that picture in terms of personal use. To me its doesnt seem professional and further, potentially could create a problem depending upon what was taken in the background. So its all right for a reporter to snap a pic. of a player changing on there phone. I think that essentially could be the issue, if anyone one of those background players were changing.Complete violation of privacy.

Reporters are exposed to a lot, doesnt mean they need to capture everything on there camera phone. Act professional.

No kidding. This "reporter" appears to be a total sleazeball. So many of them out there in the media today, just looking to get that sleazy scoop.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bart Scott threatens reporter Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
daineraider wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Malik wrote:
Hasn't this happened to Jim Rome on multiple occasions.

Just with Chris Everett that I recall! Wink

Call me Chris one more time

OK Chris. Wink
What? Laughing

I just can't help but laugh at this entire story. The fact it happened to be associated with the Jets makes it 10x better.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this guy's story was about Scott's media ban, so I guess he was trying to take a photo of him walking with a female media member.

Not sure what he's trying to prove; just seems like he's headhunting with stuff like that.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: