Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 2: Broncos [1-0] @ Falcons [1-0] MNF!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr, I remember seeing Nate Irving in on the 1st-team goal line package. Do you remember seeing him get any PT, outside of ST?

I was actually happy to see Mays go off the field injured for a couple plays. Irving is progressing really nicely. I saw him make a great tackle on ST and I hope he can bring that sure tackling technique to our MLB position very soon in the future.

I specifically remember the play he made on the goal line. Almost stopped Michael Turner single-handedly. He shucked an OL'men and met Turner head on when Turner tried to jump the pile. Turner beat him to the spot but Irving was right there with some wood.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr, I remember seeing Nate Irving in on the 1st-team goal line package. Do you remember seeing him get any PT, outside of ST?

Not seen him so far in the 1st half. It's just been Mays, Woodyard, Brooking and Von at the LB spots in various packages (Mike Adams played as a Nickel LB on 3rd down for one snap).

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who can replay the game might want to look at this and see if it's true.

This could be another nail in the coffin of replacement refs.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_21601368/did-falcons-get-away-illegal-play-extinguish-rally
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_21601368/did-falcons-get-away-illegal-play-extinguish-rally

I'm not sure how black and white it is. What I will say is that Roddy White is making no attempt at a route, and is pushing Champ downfield. Tony Gonzalez did the exact same thing to S Mike Adams. I definitely think both qualify as picks.

Here's a picture that shows it:

Julio Jones is where the ref is, and you can see Gonzalez and White with their hands up, pushing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I'm not sure how black and white it is. What I will say is that Roddy White is making no attempt at a route, and is pushing Champ downfield. Tony Gonzalez did the exact same thing to S Mike Adams. I definitely think both qualify as picks.

Julio Jones is where the ref is, and you can see Gonzalez and White with their hands up, pushing.

Yup, those are pretty blatant picks. That gets called with real officials.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a game earlier this season, where I saw these replacement refs call a penalty for picking but later that game the other team did a pick and it was called for a penalty. Very inconsistent calls all around the league.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

that doesnt happen if the real refs are in that game, just like the fumble goes to denver, tony carter isnt called for p.i. & roddy white is called for pushing off on champ. as long as the replacements are in the game, this stuff is going to happen.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

that doesnt happen if the real refs are in that game, just like the fumble goes to denver, tony carter isnt called for p.i. & roddy white is called for pushing off on champ. as long as the replacements are in the game, this stuff is going to happen.

It's kind of funny in a way. Thats really an easy call to make and easy to identify. When you've got two downfield receivers blocking like it's a running play and a pass is thrown it's automatic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: