Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This year's 49ers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no comparison.

Before gm # 1 of last yr S.F. had the best Off line in the NFL.

Were barely at 65 % of that.
It's not that Alex Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's that he has the best pass protect in the gm.

sug
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Dolphins82 wrote:

They have a superb offensive line. They have a better defensive core....Aldon Smith, Justin Smtih, Navorro Bowman, Patrick Willis.

While our defense remains suspect. Plus I'm not too fond of Kevin Coyle, he doesn't dial up a lot of pressure.

I agree with the first part

To the second part, because we are filled with pass rushers. Our LBs strength isn't blitzing. Danbsy and Burnett are coverage guys. It has a lot to do with our personnel. We don't have very strong blitzers.

Burnett and Dansby are both some of the best ILB's in the NFL when it comes to sacks. Burnett led the NFL in sacks for ILB's the year before we grabbed him. Of course neither have played a ton of OLB, so that is new. Misi is definitely not a pass rusher, but he plays his role as a run stuffing SOLB in the 4-3 pretty well in my opinion.

Odrick has been a ghost so far this season though?? Maybe it's the position change and he will improve as the season progresses, or maybe he just needs to be moved back inside to DT, and we need to draft a bonafide stud pass rusher in the first round to go opposite Wake? That's probably the real solution. We could probably let Starks walk next year if he is asking for too much, and move Odrick inside. Certainly we could let McDaniel walk. Especially with how well Randall is playing. Hopefully Shelby and Vernon continue to show promise as at least rotational guys, and then we draft a stud pass rusher, and even if we let Mcdaniel walk next year we will be STACKED on the D-line.

Could you imagine a D-line like this...

Barkevious Mingo DE, Derick Shelby DE, Cameron Wake DE, Olivier Vernon DE all rotating

Then Starks, Soliai, Odrick, and Randall all rotating in at DT. If we can't get pressure with that group, then we never will!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Dolphins82 wrote:

They have a superb offensive line. They have a better defensive core....Aldon Smith, Justin Smtih, Navorro Bowman, Patrick Willis.

While our defense remains suspect. Plus I'm not too fond of Kevin Coyle, he doesn't dial up a lot of pressure.

To the second part, because we are filled with pass rushers. Our LBs strength isn't blitzing. Danbsy and Burnett are coverage guys. It has a lot to do with our personnel. We don't have very strong blitzers.

Burnett and Dansby are both some of the best ILB's in the NFL when it comes to sacks. Burnett led the NFL in sacks for ILB's the year before we grabbed him. Of course neither have played a ton of OLB, so that is new. Misi is definitely not a pass rusher, but he plays his role as a run stuffing SOLB in the 4-3 pretty well in my opinion.

Odrick has been a ghost so far this season though?? Maybe it's the position change and he will improve as the season progresses, or maybe he just needs to be moved back inside to DT, and we need to draft a bonafide stud pass rusher in the first round to go opposite Wake? That's probably the real solution. We could probably let Starks walk next year if he is asking for too much, and move Odrick inside. Certainly we could let McDaniel walk. Especially with how well Randall is playing. Hopefully Shelby and Vernon continue to show promise as at least rotational guys, and then we draft a stud pass rusher, and even if we let Mcdaniel walk next year we will be STACKED on the D-line.

Barkevious Mingo DE, Derick Shelby DE, Cameron Wake DE, Olivier Vernon DE all rotating

Then Starks, Soliai, Odrick, and Randall all rotating in at DT. If we can't get pressure with that group, then we never will!!

To a guy who doesn't follow a ton of SEC football (especially LSU), how would you project a guy like Mingo? Who does he have the most chance of resembling at the next level?

The simple fact that this website's Mock Draft has us a taking another top USC WR, I have concern. That hasn't exactly worked for us (or many other teams) in the recent past.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Dolphins82 wrote:

To a guy who doesn't follow a ton of SEC football (especially LSU), how would you project a guy like Mingo? Who does he have the most chance of resembling at the next level?

I would say Javon Kearse. At 6' 5" 240lbs, he has a rediculous first step, and people say he can run a 4.5 in the 40. He needs to put on about 15 lbs and show this year that he can create some more pass rush moves, cause right now it's just too easy for him to use his speed. But the guy is a beast of a pass rusher and disrupter.

I'll be watching both of LSU's DE's closely when they played Florida in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

I would say Javon Kearse. At 6' 5" 240lbs, he has a rediculous first step, and people say he can run a 4.5 in the 40. He needs to put on about 15 lbs and show this year that he can create some more pass rush moves, cause right now it's just too easy for him to use his speed. But the guy is a beast of a pass rusher and disrupter.

I'll be watching both of LSU's DE's closely when they played Florida in a few weeks.

Any similarity to JPP? Kind of a big guy with some athleticism? Does he seem as agile as a guy like JPP or just abnormally fast?
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Any similarity to JPP? Kind of a big guy with some athleticism? Does he seem as agile as a guy like JPP or just abnormally fast?

He has also been compared to Von Miller if I remember correctly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOd9cMeBB2A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: