Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh my, Jason Campbell would be so bad in this offense.....

+1

Campbell is a guy who wont turn the ball over often, and is the kind of guy you want to compliment a great ground attack. Take away his run game and he wont do anything. At least Palmer will make some big throws that campbell cant. Sadly, this offense limits what Palmer does best so we will probably rarely see any big games from him.

Jason Campbell is an underdog though. He's never truly ever been accepted so yeah I'd be for losing with a guy like that than winning with our shining knight who was born with a spoon in his mouth and given EVERY opportunity to succeed. It's crap. If Palmer really is Buzz Lightyear he should be winning these games regardless. No excuses. Besides his approach to the game is so traditional and conformist it makes me barf in my mouth. He's just too clean for a city wit grimy hard working folk. Where's his swag?

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?

I'm so sick of this 'swag' non-sense. That doesn't represent Raider football in my eyes. Gannon has about as much 'swag' as my high school social studies teacher.

this.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Please tell me you are being sarcastic?

I'm so sick of this 'swag' non-sense. That doesn't represent Raider football in my eyes. Gannon has about as much 'swag' as my high school social studies teacher.

I'm sorry Looka. But I've joined the other side. Palmer isn't playing badly statistically. However, he is playing very conservatively. Ironically, exactly the way Palmer-haters said they preferred when Campbell played that way. I hear Raider fans in public blaming Palmer for everything like his running for office. Their blame running the gambit from embellishment to outright fabrication. Collectively, we sound bias and look dumb. Might as well be all in.
Tacos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I'm sorry Looka. But I've joined the other side. Palmer isn't playing badly statistically. However, he is playing very conservatively.

We seem to be running a non-vertical WCO....there's nothing he can do but look conservative, that's the whole offense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I'm sorry Looka. But I've joined the other side. Palmer isn't playing badly statistically. However, he is playing very conservatively.

We seem to be running a non-vertical WCO....there's nothing he can do but look conservative, that's the whole offense.

+1

And some people seem to be ignoring the fact that our offensive coordinator (you know, the guy who runs the offense and tells Palmer what to do) is extremely conservative and always has been. Shoot, look at Palmer last year, he took chances and made big plays and got the ball to the guys who needed to get the ball. Ever since the conservative coordinator began calling plays, Palmer has played conservatively... how is this not obvious???

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Django

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson thinks Pryor has a bright future:
Quote:

A lot of guys just grow up being bigger, faster and stronger than everybody and dont quite have the work ethic. He works as hard as anybody Ive been around. He wants to be great. He practices hard. He studies hard. He watches a ton of film. Hes got a great combination of God-given ability and skill to go with a great work ethic and a great desire to be a great player.

If we had a bunch of guys on (injured reserve), he could probably play any position on the field, Palmer said. Hes athletic enough, hes big enough, and he understands enough about the game to get away with it. But hes a quarterback. He needs to stay a quarterback for his career. Hes going to have a great chance to be a really good player.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-notes-palmer-optimistic-about-pryor-s-future-in-nfl/article_eca046d5-a94e-5eb1-842e-faa92367ce37.html
Django

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you guys Pryor was athletically a beast.

Carson said he could play almost any position (obviously outside of playing up front) on the field Shocked
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

+1

And some people seem to be ignoring the fact that our offensive coordinator (you know, the guy who runs the offense and tells Palmer what to do) is extremely conservative and always has been. Shoot, look at Palmer last year, he took chances and made big plays and got the ball to the guys who needed to get the ball. Ever since the conservative coordinator began calling plays, Palmer has played conservatively... how is this not obvious???

Having watched the game last week, I can tell you, there were a number of deep routes called. The problem is, nobody was open. Palmer would look there and come back down. Miami played them just like SD. Without a running threat, they played 2 deep and had safety help on the deep 9's and posts.

We saw Palmer take shots and Knapp draw them up in preseason. So let's not pretend they are not there.

The issue is, you NEED NEED NEED the running game to be clicking to set up and feed off the play action pass to get those routes open.

In preseason, McFadden and Jones both ran the ball well and those shots were there.

IMO, Oakland played 2 defenses who will be top 7-10 this year. And get another one this week. But things will ease up after that. Everyone is having a knee jerk reaction right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

+1

Having watched the game last week, I can tell you, there were a number of deep routes called. The problem is, nobody was open. Palmer would look there and come back down. Miami played them just like SD. Without a running threat, they played 2 deep and had safety help on the deep 9's and posts.

We saw Palmer take shots and Knapp draw them up in preseason. So let's not pretend they are not there.

The issue is, you NEED NEED NEED the running game to be clicking to set up and feed off the play action pass to get those routes open.

In preseason, McFadden and Jones both ran the ball well and those shots were there.

IMO, Oakland played 2 defenses who will be top 7-10 this year. And get another one this week. But things will ease up after that. Everyone is having a knee jerk reaction right now.

Oh, I agree completely. In the SD game there were several deep routes that he even threw and the WRs dropped them. Everyone was crying about all the targets McFadden got, but most of those came after he made his progressions and saw nobody else open. Knapp is an unimaginative play caller and is typically conservative, but the times Palmer has had the chance to throw deep, his guys have been covered well, he's been pressured, or the WRs dropped it.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
I told you guys Pryor was athletically a beast.

Carson said he could play almost any position (obviously outside of playing up front) on the field Shocked

Everybody who follows football knows Pryor is athletically gifted, not a single person has denied it...

La_Vader wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Everyone was crying about all the targets McFadden got, but most of those came after he made his progressions and saw nobody else open.

A good amount were designed to go to Mcfadden.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Everyone was crying about all the targets McFadden got, but most of those came after he made his progressions and saw nobody else open.

A good amount were designed to go to Mcfadden.

You are right. But thats on Knapp as well. Its just funny how there are so many people who were calling Palmer "scared" because he kept throwing it to McFadden.

La_Vader wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a nice breakdown of the missed TD to the 'body snatcher':

http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2012/carson-palmers-near-td-to-dhb-v-dolphins-week-02/

Great placement on the ball from Palmer. DHB has to make a hands catch. Has to make a play for his QB. This is where him not being confident in his hands ruins his game.

This route is a TD to Moore. Would love to see Criner in that situation. Throwing difficult, but catchable balls to DHB in the end zone is seems counter productive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2012/carson-palmers-near-td-to-dhb-v-dolphins-week-02/

Great placement on the ball from Palmer. DHB has to make a hands catch. Has to make a play for his QB. This is where him not being confident in his hands ruins his game.

This route is a TD to Moore. Would love to see Criner in that situation. Throwing difficult, but catchable balls to DHB in the end zone is seems counter productive.

facepalm. Why must DHB play scared. Perfect throw from Palmer. No wonder Palmer doesn't seem to like him much. That's an easy play for a good starting WR.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

facepalm. Why must DHB play scared. Perfect throw from Palmer. No wonder Palmer doesn't seem to like him much. That's an easy play for a good starting WR.

Exactly. Really hope Criner can get his ankle right. He's a big body WR, hands catcher who should be in red zone packages.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another life less performance by the offense.,

This team needs a shot of energy.. Put in Pryor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 17 of 98

Jump to: