Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do the Rams scare anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears DNA is on Defense,
When all else fails they bring heat.
Quarterbacks come and go with receivers too slow,
But that defense will inflict a defeat. Wink
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that I dont fear the Rams, I fear the Bears.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspiel24 wrote:
Steven Jackson is hurt and already listed as questionable for the game. More development on that later, obviously.

I watched the entire game too, and I'm not scared much at all. Their best dimension is pass rush, which is obviously our weakest, but otherwise they're not very good. No disrespect intended, obviously.

They've got one WR worth mentioning and that is Amendola. I'd stick Moore on him like glue, all game. Bradford didn't really look at anyone else, at least from what I saw. Their run game looked decent enough, but they were playing the Redskins (say what you want about them, I don't think they're that good).

We should be able to win this one handily; I'd expect it to be by at least 14. Especially with a bounce back needed after Thursday's showing.

Don't underestimate the Rams. We're not a great team right now but we're competitive and have been underestimated in each of the first 2 weeks by opposing fans. I heard the same thing from both Redskins and Lions fans.

This isn't the same Ram team from the last 4 to 5 years. Expect a fight. We might not win but I think we'll compete.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jspiel24 wrote:
Steven Jackson is hurt and already listed as questionable for the game. More development on that later, obviously.

I watched the entire game too, and I'm not scared much at all. Their best dimension is pass rush, which is obviously our weakest, but otherwise they're not very good. No disrespect intended, obviously.

They've got one WR worth mentioning and that is Amendola. I'd stick Moore on him like glue, all game. Bradford didn't really look at anyone else, at least from what I saw. Their run game looked decent enough, but they were playing the Redskins (say what you want about them, I don't think they're that good).

We should be able to win this one handily; I'd expect it to be by at least 14. Especially with a bounce back needed after Thursday's showing.

Don't underestimate the Rams. We're not a great team right now but we're competitive and have been underestimated in each of the first 2 weeks by opposing fans. I heard the same thing from both Redskins and Lions fans.

This isn't the same Ram team from the last 4 to 5 years. Expect a fight. We might not win but I think we'll compete.

I don't think that people are under estimating the Rams and we all agree god things are happening in St. Louis.

But if the Bears play their best they should have a commanding win because at this moment they are more talented.

I think what Rams fans are ignoring is while the offense stunk against the Packers the defense was DOMINANT.

16 points
5 sacks
2 turnovers

If the Bears defense did that too the Packers in Lambeau why do you think the Rams offense fairs better at Soldier?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jspiel24 wrote:

I don't think that people are under estimating the Rams and we all agree god things are happening in St. Louis.

But if the Bears play their best they should have a commanding win because at this moment they are more talented.

I think what Rams fans are ignoring is while the offense stunk against the Packers the defense was DOMINANT.

16 points
5 sacks
2 turnovers

If the Bears defense did that too the Packers in Lambeau why do you think the Rams offense fairs better at Soldier?

I never said it would. But the Lions sure didn't have a commanding win against the Rams and they are more talented than the Rams.

In fact, we fooled Stafford into throwing 3 ints. And nearly had 2 more.

Cutler is a bit mistake prone himself. Like I said, I just wouldn't sell yourself on winning an easy one or winning the game handily. The Rams are a tough, gritty team. I'd expect a fight. A winnable fight but still a fight.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jspiel24 wrote:

16 points
5 sacks
2 turnovers

I never said it would. But the Lions sure didn't have a commanding win against the Rams and they are more talented than the Rams.

Cutler is a bit mistake prone himself. Like I said, I just wouldn't sell yourself on winning an easy one or winning the game handily. The Rams are a tough, gritty team. I'd expect a fight. A winnable fight but still a fight.

I agree with everything that you are saying.

But also remember that the Bears defense is much better than the Lions so if they force Bradford into some turnovers that can change things quickly as well.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jspiel24 wrote:

16 points
5 sacks
2 turnovers

I agree with everything that you are saying.

But also remember that the Bears defense is much better than the Lions so if they force Bradford into some turnovers that can change things quickly as well.

They definitely are and can. The Bears secondary definitely worries me a bit. Tillman is always a threat to force a TO with his ability to poke the ball out and Jennings has been picking off passes left and right. With the Bears pass rush, they could very well force mistakes.

Rams defense offers about the same. It'll make for an interesting game. Bradford needs to play smart and get rid of the ball on time and we need a running game if we hope to win this game.

VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the defense on the rams can get after the quarterback so that's really all I can see being a threat.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
the defense on the rams can get after the quarterback so that's really all I can see being a threat.

Our corners are damn good, but our safeties are pretty bad.

El Ramster on this beaut!
lilant2398

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
jspiel24 wrote:

16 points
5 sacks
2 turnovers

sure they played one hell of a game vs arguably the best offense last year .. and the rams offense isnt as good as the packers but its still Different schemes Differnt Teams
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions:

Bears D sacks Bradford 4 times + 2 int's.

Hester returns a punt or kick for a TD.

Bears win by 10. Razz
mjh91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I'm nervous going into this game. Rams should be 2-0 right now; they've started out very well.

Should be a fun game though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant predict anything on this game, depends on what cutler shows up. But one thing I can say, its gonna be a fun game to watch. Rams have been so exciting to watch first two weeks. Best of luck to you guys, here is to a injury free game.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, the Bears are the better team; but the Rams have playmakers and heavy hitters on defense. I see Bears fans afraid of Quinn and Long's pass rush and rightly so, but you need to also fear James Laurinatis, Courtland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins. I think if Cutler plays poorly and turns the ball over, the Rams have a serious chance.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Predictions:

Bears D sacks Bradford 4 times + 2 int's.

Hester returns a punt or kick for a TD.

Bears win by 10. Razz

Well this is a step up. Wink

Some Skins fans were convinced they'd get 7 sacks and win by 14+. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: