Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants @ Panthers postgame chatter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Giants @ Panthers postgame chatter. Reply with quote

Webster broke his hand but plans to play with a cast:

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/21/new-york-giants-corey-webster-suffers-broken-hand-in-win-over-carolina-panthers/

Rolle is fine:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3149/antrel-rolle

Quote:
Post-game X-rays on S Antrel Rolle's lacerated knee were negative.Rolle did not need stitches, either. He may need follow-up tests on Friday, though coach Tom Coughlin downplayed the injury, calling it a contusion and a laceration. It appears that Rolle is day-to-day heading into Week 4

Sounds like Hosley is fine:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7439/jayron-hosley

Quote:
Giants CB Jayron Hosley's hamstring injury "isn't anything serious."With 10 days to heal up, Hosley should be fine for Week 4 after leaving Thursday's win. Hosley has 10 tackles through three games, and picked off Cam Newton before departing last evening.

Why Nicks didn't make the trip:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5136/hakeem-nicks

Quote:
Sources tell the Star-Ledger that Hakeem Nicks (out, foot) did not sustain a setback during Sunday's win over the Bucs.Nicks reportedly struggled to even run during Wednesday morning's walkthrough in New Jersey. At that point, the Giants decided the soreness was too great for him to make the trip to Charlotte. After a 10-day layoff, Nicks figures to be closer to full strength for Week 4. Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle will rotate at Nicks' "X" receiver spot against the Panthers

Brown is going to be a huge asset to this team. As is Barden...and Bennett...Nicks, Barden, Cruz in the slot...as soon as Brown gets better in pass protection? Yikes. Really. If ALL 4 guys (the 3 WR and Bennett) play to their potential...how the heck do you cover them? You have to get to Eli to stop the passing game in that case...and we're lucky that Eli is the best QB in the biz when under pressure. Our offense is like Green Bay but with a running game and a TE that actually contributes (ohhh burn).

Hynoski and the O-line were great. Granted the Caronlina D may have just been horrible. Someone else can weigh in on that one.

Tynes - Solid. 5 Field goals. 2 tough-er ones (47 and 49 yards). Who knew?

Hosley - Our future #1 CB? Anyone pay attention to how well Prince did?

We've got over a week for Rivers/Hosley/Rolle and our other dinged up players to get healthy for the Eagles next week. I'm starting to get optimistic about our team after 6 quarters of garbage to start the season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince played 74% of defensive snaps last night, apparently. Anyone else hear his name called more than once? Me neither. He had a great night, if that's the case.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosley is going to be a stud. Our secondary looked like a whole different unit. Granted we played a lesser QB that we faced in the first 2 weeks.

That weak4$$ zone read offense looked horrible. We whipped them in every phase of the game and I loved every second of it.

Onward and upward. Philly; ready or not, here we come.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince played very well. Got his hands on a ball for a pass break up as well..

Oh and Andre "First down" Brown? I like it Laughing

^Joe_is_the_best
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the 09 draft class being full of busts. Nicks, Beatty, Barden, and Brown have the potential to be Reece's best class.
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:

Prince played well. But i want to see him press more maybe that was because hes coming off an injury and not completely healthy. Also, why did prince get a unnecessary roughness call?

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Prince played 74% of defensive snaps last night, apparently. Anyone else hear his name called more than once? Me neither. He had a great night, if that's the case.

I seen him a few times on the field, but only talked about how he should get more reps Laughing

Him and Hosley both played exceptional.

And reading that Rolle and Hosley are fine is fantastic ... no need to worry about them anymore thank goodness.

And Tynes was perfect, damn near every kick was right down the middle ... Plus Weatherford played fantastic when we needed him.

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Prince played well. But i want to see him press more maybe that was because hes coming off an injury and not completely healthy. Also, why did prince get a unnecessary roughness call?

Because he shoved back ... to be honest that was the worst call of the night. And Ive seen the real refs do it countless times.

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could draw some conclusions from this game. I wish I could say that Barden has broken out and will be a factor moving forward. I wish I can say that we finally have a running attack. I wish I can say that our offensive line is going keep Eli upright.

But what I really came away with is that the Panthers are bad. Barden isn't going to be matching up against 5th round rookies that run a 4.6 moving forward. The offensive line isn't going to be going up against a defensive line that has only one decent player moving forward, and a completely unimaginative defensive coordinator. That defense reminded me of the Bill Sheridan, CC Brown, Aaron Rouse days.

That may have been the worst team we're going to face all season, although the Browns might have something to say about that. I hope the Giants players don't get too full of themselves after that win. The Eagles are going to put up a bigger fight.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly recommend going on giants.com and watching Andre Brown's interviews from the last couple of days if you haven't already. That's what it looks like to see a person living their dream and loving it. He seems like a really humble and fun guy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a crazy amount of talk right now about Eli as the best QB in the NFL right now. Personally, the only QB I'd take over Eli right now is Arod. Other than him though, I can't think of anyone else I'd take over Eli.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
There's a crazy amount of talk right now about Eli as the best QB in the NFL right now. Personally, the only QB I'd take over Eli right now is Arod. Other than him though, I can't think of anyone else I'd take over Eli.

If we are going off of this season (so far) Im taking manning, but if were talking about best in the game I'm probably taking Brady, Eli, Rodgers, Breesy, Peyton.

But I love eli and wouldn't give him up for the world Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see how angry Andre Brown was running on Thursday? He would finish off a run, not celebrate, then just walk like someone screamed some expletives about his mom back to the huddle. It was awesome. Laughing I hope he continues that into next week. I think this long break is going to do wonders for our players health on sunday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: