Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 3 GDT: COWBOYS (1-1) V. BUCCANEERS (1-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gameball: Demarcus Ware
Jockstrap: Doug Free

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Lissemore will start on Sunday.

Hatcher - Brent - Lissemore

Spears and Crawford are going to get a lot of action.

I feel, however, we are going to get gashed on the ground. Our Dline will be tired early. I would expect to see a few more 4-3/nickle fronts because of this.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
acowboys62

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue facts

The Cowboys have allowed more than one blocked punt in a season three times (2001, 1989, 1973).
StarStillWining

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game ball

jock strap
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Romo
JS: OL

Sig courtesy of mack.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member of the Blue Division PMed me this interesting fact that I'm posting for him...

Quote:
The Bucs head coach, Greg Schiano, kind of models his coaching philosophy after Jimmy Johnson.

Quote:
“I’ve got to believe there is a lot of Jimmy Johnson in what we do as far as organization and football and all those things,” Schiano said.

In fact, Schiano has a first hand eye witness to knowing how Jimmy ran things. He hired Butch Davis as his “special assistant” last February.

cav_fan2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB - Witten
JS - Garrett (play calling)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Romo, Lee and Ware

JS: Felix "the fat cat" Jones, Ryan "I wish Costa would return" Cook, and Mackenzy "I dont know how to spell my last name" Bernadeau

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh the home opener! After 2 weeks of back to back road trips from the east coast to the west coast, we finally get to stay at home! This is where we need to turn around from that disasterous week 2 in Seattle.

Here are my takes on this game:

1. First things first, we need to be better on ST's! This squad needs to tighten up! Felix fumbling the opening kickoff is a NO GO! A blocked punt is a NO GO! We need to find a way to be much better in this aspect of the game!

2. Next thing we need to do is jump out to an early lead. Why, we cant allow Tampa to run the ball as much as Seattle did. Seattle ran the ball 41 times vs 20 pass plays. They where able to pound and ground our defense all day long and wear us down. We can't allow that to happen again! Our Dline and MLB's need to be on their A game and mind their GAPS and control the edges. Don't allow Martin and DJ Ware to get going!

3. That leads me to my next topic of the pass rush. There was a reason why Ware didn't record a sack last week and why he was in coverage most of the game. It's because Seattle was in full ground game mode. If we want to get to Freeman and get him flustered, we need to limit the ground game and put the ball in Freeman's hands. From there, we turn loose our pass rush. While Ware is not 100% (hammy), he is still very leathal in the pass rush. We have to get this aspect of the game going.

4. Going back to taking an early lead, it allows us to go beast mode with Murray. We have all seen what Murray can do. There is no better way to get our ground game going than to take an early lead and start pounding the ball to limit the Bucs pass rush, control the clock and wear down that Bucs Defensive line.

5. This leads me to move over to our Offensive Line, Our line hasnt had that continuity yet over the last 2 years, let alone the last few weeks. There is no better way to help these guys to start to gel together than to allow them to do what every Olineman loves to do, and that's run blocking. Murray seems to enjoy that left side of the line with Smith and Livings getting some good push, but we need to get Free and Bernadeau on the same page. We need that side of the line to get up to par and help our run game out. This will be the second week in a row with the same starters on the line. It's probably the most continuity that they have had since game 16 of last season. It's time we start to see some improvement from here on out, out of this unit.

6. Now, it's time to move on to our Star players. Where was Miles and Dez last week? They both showed up in week 1, but pretty much disappeared in week 2. Dez with 3 catches? Lots of drops! Where was that focus that we saw in TC and Preseason? This was that same inconsistancy that we saw out of him last year. Dez, you need to string together back to back to back to back to back to back etc etc etc games here! WE NEED YOU TO SHOW UP EVERY WEEK, READY AND FOCUSED!!!

7. Witten my boy, WHAT THE F???? That had to be your worst game ever! I expect more out of you! I don't ever want to see that from you ever again! You are the go to guy! Now that that is out of the way. We need to get that Romo to Witten connection going. Witten is a beast working the middle of the field and out on the flats, need to get him going. He needs to rebound from that horrible game we saw last week.

8. However, we cant get Witten going, if he has to spend alot of time in pass protection! That leads me back to the Oline! We have only allowed 3 sacks through 2 games, but we have allowed 7 QB hits. This unit needs to keep upright and in a good clear pocket. Romo is at his best when he has the time to throw and he doesn't get his happy feet (although i love his ability to improvise). If you go back to the Giants - Carolina game on this past thursday and see what a real Offensive Line can do, Eli had all day to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner back there and get his pass off. This is where our line needs to get too! If we want to get anywhere in January, this is the unit that has to get us there.

9. Lee is a beast! One of my new man loves! Just keep doing what you do!

10. Garrett, your play calling still sucks! Really wish you would get an Offensive Coordinator! You are to predictable. If you want to grow your Offense, you need to stop being so predictable and get a little more diverse in your play calling. Manage the clock! Quit going for the big play if it isn't working, work the middle and edges, dink and dunk if needed and for Gods sake, DONT ABANDON THE RUN!!!!!

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver League as 9 facts. One away from reaching the bench mark. Both Matts and HT have submitted 4 and may not contribute anymore.

The other 8 of you step up. Between the combined mental prowess you need 1 fact. You have until kick off.

In Redball I Trust!
Ace5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Ball: Sean Lee

Jockstrap: Jason Witten

In other news, des has never been so torn for an opinion as he is with this post.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Silver League as 9 facts. One away from reaching the bench mark. Both Matts and HT have submitted 4 and may not contribute anymore.

The other 8 of you step up. Between the combined mental prowess you need 1 fact. You have until kick off.
did you get mibe in the other thread?

textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver League:

According to BSPN stats and info, Martin gained 55 of his 95 yards rushing (57.9%) after contact against the Panthers. Since the start of 2010, 52.3% of the Bucs rush yardage have come after contact, the highest percentage in the NFL.

At Boise St. In 2011, Martin gained 58% of his yardage after contact and averaged 2.9 yards per rush after contact.

textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, all that being said:

11. Our Dline and Bruce Lee need to wrap up Martin! That's going to be imperative!

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Silver League:

According to BSPN stats and info, Martin gained 55 of his 95 yards rushing (57.9%) after contact against the Panthers. Since the start of 2010, 52.3% of the Bucs rush yardage have come after contact, the highest percentage in the NFL.

At Boise St. In 2011, Martin gained 58% of his yardage after contact and averaged 2.9 yards per rush after contact.

The White, Blue & Silver divisions have all reached the benchmark. Well done!

Although the White Division was superior in every facet. Most Facts, better facts, etc. Everyone at least finished the race.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 8 of 31

Jump to: