Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two "Way Too Early" Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I really like about Jamie Collins is that he can play OLB and ILB and has the speed to do both. He could replace Harrison at ROLB or Foote at ILB.

As for Banks, I would take him and play him at Safety but he could move up to CB in a few years when we need to replace Ike Taylor.

Oh, and the OG I took because I think we need to upgrade Legursky and Beachum is just not it.
BigSnack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not up on much for next years prospects, but here is a list of free agents after this year.

offense

Charlie Batch
Byron Leftwich
Rashard Mendenhall
Jonathan Dwyer (RF)
Isaac Redman (RF)
David Johnson
Will Johnson
Heath Miller
Emmanuel Sanders(RF)
Mike Wallace
Leonard Pope
Ramon Foster
Doug Legursky
Greg Warren

defense

Steve McLendon
Casey Hampton
Larry Foote
Stevenson Sylvester(RF)
Will Allen
Ryan Mundy
Keenan Lewis
Demarcus Van Dyke(ERFA)

now i know the list is offense heavy a bit, but i think resigning our own on that side of the ball will be more important than drafting for that side of the ball.

As for defense we are in need of a serious youth infusion. especially if we part ways with harrison.

Like i said i havent gone into much study on next years draft class but i always start with what our FA list is

Yeast infection.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath Miller is a free agent? I don't think so, although he is grossly overpaid.

...you have a forum resume?
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
One of the things I really like about Jamie Collins is that he can play OLB and ILB and has the speed to do both. He could replace Harrison at ROLB or Foote at ILB.

As for Banks, I would take him and play him at Safety but he could move up to CB in a few years when we need to replace Ike Taylor.

Oh, and the OG I took because I think we need to upgrade Legursky and Beachum is just not it.
I like both those players but here a real good pass rusher Stansly Maponga.
He is a small DE and can play OLB and he might be a third round pick.
In the first i would like to get Barrett Jones.
I also like the safety out of texas Kenny Vaccaro in the second.

Just a few players to watch IMO.
BigSnack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Heath Miller is a free agent? I don't think so, although he is grossly overpaid.

got all expiring contract info from rotoworld. has him listed as a FA after this year. not saying it isnt a typo but that is where i got the info

Yeast infection.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two picks on option 1 and then the Reddick selection in round three on the other. Combine that and I would be pleased with that draft. Not too familiar with the other players to give a good opinion on. I like the first option more.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

Initial review of Collins is that he is a 4-3 WLB type. He isn't a very good pass rusher, and don't see any kind of great instincts. He does look athletic and fluid, which at best makes him a 5th or 6th round type, for comparison sakes and a mental picture he is no where near the pass rushing ability of Cris Carter.

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to make a mock draft and insert here because it's unnecessary to make a new thread.

As sufficient so far, our season tell us that we NEED tons of defensive help, thing is we need talent itself; not the depth. We have depth already, and because of this situation, I'm going to make 4 options for first round and it wouldn't have any impact on the next 4 rounds.

So top 4 defensive playmakers that may or may not be available by our first pick.

A). Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State, CB. We have a great depth but Ike Taylor may be a salary capsulty, making Banks our pick could not only secure #2 CB but if we choose to keep Ike Taylor, it should give us what may be best CB tandem in NFL. Keenan Lewis is a good cornerback, but he's better off being used as a bump and run cornerback and Lebeau has been inconsistent with that.

B). Eric Reid, Louisana State, FS. You guys saw it, our safety coverage is THAT bad! I don't think this really need any explanation? I'll keep it brief; Ryan Clark's future replacement, athletic, smart, great coverage skill, and secure out Cover 3 safeties easily.

C). Alex Okafor/ Chase Thomas, LB. Either one I'm still iffy with but Okafor is solid with run defending and very solid as a pass-rushing, although he'd not be the guy that could replish with James Harrion's expectation/results. Thomas showed an extreme awarness when he's on field, look like he'll rise on the board too. Chase Thomas is a straight up productive player that continues to make plays and he's the closest thing to James Farrior than the rest of prospects. He'd be versatile for an inside linebacker in Lebeau's 3-4 or a middle linebacker in maybe, possible future switch to 4-3. I think this draft would be the BIG factor in whether Lebeau retires or not.

D). Jonathan Jenkins/Jesse Williams, NT. Ah! The trend continues, we invest in the trench again! Many of us would hate the pick where we make a pick at trench... AGAIN! However Hampton is probably going to retire and McLendon, well he's McLendon. Ta'amu is still a developmental prospect. Jenkins give us a potential (again, a potential, not a realistic chance) of Wilfork with his massive frame. Will he produce in a 3-4? Jesse Williams is the best run-stuffer D-lineman in this draft, easily! Probably suit our defense better considering he's closer to Aaron Smith than Cameron Heyward and Ziggy Hood will ever be and how would our defense look after Lebeau retire or when he adapt? That's the question!

2nd round) Travis Frederick, Wisconsin, Guard. Ah! Other guard prospect from Wisc! This pick would be different than when we had Urbik; Urbik's expectation was to start eventually, Frederick would be able to sit back and replace... *whispering* Willie Colon! We have a great youth fusion on our O-line but we are still missing some depth at guard as Legursky is a swing center/guard and Ramon Foster is a swing guard/tackle. You want a guy who not only could play both guard position but center as well. This is the guy, and no it's not like he's versatile but master of none. He's actually a very good guard, a mauler.

3rd round). Stephan Taylor, Stanford, Running back. I know, a running back? While this pick look like it's unfavorable but he's in mold of likes as Doug Martin, Turbin, and other backs that are a very good blocker and receiver and get it done when running with the ball. His stock probably will rise but for 3rd round he's a steal. Mendenhall and Redman both are heading for free agent and you bet either one will be let go, either ways we need a RB. Taylor is a RB with extremely good vision and will find other hole. Come on, Mendenhall, show me this when you get back!

4th round). Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse, Strong Safety. Hello, my favorite prospect! Many people haven't ranked him but he will rise easily. a Bob Sanders 2.0 easily. He stands at 5'10" and 210 lbs but run in around 4.2 and if there's closest thing to a Troy Polamalu mold, it's Shamarko Thomas. If we get to play as a cover 2, Thomas is all right but he's better off being utilitzed as a blitzing safety. As months follow, you will see that I continues to pimping him!

5th round). Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech, ILB. we sorely need depth at ILB, as Sylvester seem to can't get it done and Foote is very old, football-wise. Bruce Taylor is a special-team player who will explode on special team and could develop into an inside linebacker can.

Whatcha think?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In round 1, I'm thinking DB.

I'm almost 100% Reid won't be there. Banks may be, but more likely we'd be looking at drafting a safety like TJ McDonald (usc) or a Cb like Carrington Byndom (Texas).

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately like CB Banks, S Eric Reid, and DE Okafor in the 1st round.
I think LB Chase Thomas just has too many guys ahead of him to break into the 1st round.

Can't really see using another 1st round pick on the DL.

I like the OG Frederick pick in the 2nd. We have to upgrade/replace Colon now in my opinion although the team most likely will wait until his contract is finished.

Can't really see us using a 3rd round pick on an RB, if we do not extend Mendy then we'll probably use a higher pick on an RB.

S Shamarko Thomas? Hmm, just don't know, seems like he takes too many chances, always biting on play fakes and getting beat instead.
Don't know enough about ILB Bruce Taylor.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stBut chase thomas is playing like one of most pro-ready prospect. We know how steelers can be fond of that kind players.

About shamarko thomas, yes you r right, he gamble a lot but the results have been good moe than bad, he make plays. For a 4th round, it'd be nicilablee to have a playmaker! Reason why I like him most is he probably are the best safety available that's also a best fit for us. Unlike dontari poe or taylor mays, he has highlights from every season he's played; 2010, 2011, and now. Those highlights show strong explosion, a willingly tackler, and crazy athleticism. Now I'm not much for highlight reels but when you have those kind of highlights for every year you play in collegiate, this show how productive he can be and keep that in mind, he's playing for syracuse. Not exactly a strong program but he's the reason usc vs cuse were a close game.

Also one of reason I went with frederick, a guard from wisconsin because their line are one of the most disciplined line in ncaa. We need talent and disciplinary haha.

I see us drafting an offensive playmaker in first 4 rounds, the question was which position? Tight ends look really good right now and we can still manage without Pope. Wide receivers are stacked with talent. Quarterback, well we ain't spending a 4th round on a qb. Rb is the most likely and stefan taylor fits the bill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: