Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: New York Giants (1-1) v. Carolina Panthers (1-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higgs Boson wrote:
1. Thursday night games are whack. Last week Cutler and Rodgers looked silly. I've always hated when my team plays in them, there's just not enough time to recover and gameplan.

2. It's not like you guys lost to some scrub team. The Giants just f'n won the Super Bowl and made several teams look silly in the process, ask Atlanta. They're pretty good. And don't let their injuries fool you, they are an INCREDIBLY deep team.

These are the two most important takeaways from this game.

I'm not saying that there are excuses for this game, the whole team sucked. I blame every single player and coach for the loss.

The Giants have a veteran team that has pulled through injuries and adversity before. I didn't like playing a thursday night game to begin with and I don't expect many good Thursday night games this season. The NFL network needs to figure out some other way to fit themselves in.

It was a game that kind of warrants a freakout, but the season isn't over, it's just beginning. Sports Journalists and talk radio hosts are going to smash Cam. Get over it. They were smashing Peyton before his ring came, and they were smashing Eli even after his ring.

The QB is most criticized position in all of sports, and when you do something like Cam did last year after they said he's bust, they're going to come at him even harder. They'll bash him for last night despite nobody else on the team doing him any favors, but that's how football evaluation has come to work.

I think that's where the sulking comes from and I'm happy Smith lit into him on the sideline. Cam makes mistakes and he has to become more of a leader and it will take time for that to happen. We all consider Smitty the leader now, but did we consider him a leader 8 years ago? No, that was Moose who was trying to get a harness on Smitty's crazy competitiveness. He's a starting QB and a good one, but he's also 23, which isn't an excuse, it's a reason to chill out. Nobody is going to remember this game in two years.

There will be many more peaks and valleys for this team this year. You do have to wonder whether a loss like this helps bring more good out of the team versus practically every close loss filled with moral victories last year.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are huddle members, Zod said that Smitty wasn't chewing Cam out on the sidelines, that it was a motivational thing. But he did say he was sulking and did say the men to boys comment in the after game presser. And rightfully so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: