Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Defensive Review- Titans at San Diego, Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Wimbley ranked #1 in Pass Rushing Productivity for week 2:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/20/signature-stats-leaders-week-2/
Not too surprising.

Wimbley was getting up the field a ton despite being consistently held. If we can learn to cover tight ends and get Colin back, I have faith that the defense can turn around.


I agree. The pass-rush has been solid this year. Both Wimbley and Morgan are getting after it. If Marks can get back then that will help Klug and we'll start to see him get after the QB.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37726
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6155
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2543
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:

Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


If we're in a position to draft either Barkevious Mingo or Sam Montgomery, who would you all choose? I think it's kind of similar to 2010 with Derrick Morgan vs JPP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2543
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.


To answer your first question, DE is a big need. While Morgan and Wimbley have been great thus far, we have no one behind them. You mention our 07 and 08 defense with Haynesworth but I can't help but think of the 07 and 11 Giants with Strahan,Tuck, Osi and JPP,Tuck, Osi. They had pass rushers that helped lead to their Super Bowls. While I too would love to have a dominant DT, I think adding DE is a bigger need.
With everyone healthy, we actually have a nice DT rotation with Casey,Marks,Klug,Martin and maybe even DaJohn Harris. I can't say the same about our DEs. We're an injury away to either Morgan or Wimbley from being force to plug in a 7th rounder in Scott Solomon. I do agree that Lotulelei would be a great addition to our defense though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6155
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.


To answer your first question, DE is a big need. While Morgan and Wimbley have been great thus far, we have no one behind them. You mention our 07 and 08 defense with Haynesworth but I can't help but think of the 07 and 11 Giants with Strahan,Tuck, Osi and JPP,Tuck, Osi. They had pass rushers that helped lead to their Super Bowls. While I too would love to have a dominant DT, I think adding DE is a bigger need.
With everyone healthy, we actually have a nice DT rotation with Casey,Marks,Klug,Martin and maybe even DaJohn Harris. I can't say the same about our DEs. We're an injury away to either Morgan or Wimbley from being force to plug in a 7th rounder in Scott Solomon. I do agree that Lotulelei would be a great addition to our defense though.


I was being facetious in using a high first round pick on a backup DE. That's what veteran players are for. That being said, we NEED a guy like Eric Reid or Star. The more I watch Star the more he reminds me of Ngata coming out. A big guy that shouldn't be able to move like that.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2543
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.


To answer your first question, DE is a big need. While Morgan and Wimbley have been great thus far, we have no one behind them. You mention our 07 and 08 defense with Haynesworth but I can't help but think of the 07 and 11 Giants with Strahan,Tuck, Osi and JPP,Tuck, Osi. They had pass rushers that helped lead to their Super Bowls. While I too would love to have a dominant DT, I think adding DE is a bigger need.
With everyone healthy, we actually have a nice DT rotation with Casey,Marks,Klug,Martin and maybe even DaJohn Harris. I can't say the same about our DEs. We're an injury away to either Morgan or Wimbley from being force to plug in a 7th rounder in Scott Solomon. I do agree that Lotulelei would be a great addition to our defense though.


I was being facetious in using a high first round pick on a backup DE. That's what veteran players are for. That being said, we NEED a guy like Eric Reid or Star. The more I watch Star the more he reminds me of Ngata coming out. A big guy that shouldn't be able to move like that.


Yeah, I just feel you can never have too many pass rushers. However I'm completely with you and ttf4l about Star. He'd really help impact our defense. My biggest mancrush for the 2013 draft is Jarvis Jones. I think he's going to be a stud in the league. If we did somehow pick him, I wonder what it would mean for Ayers. Maybe a DE switch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.


To answer your first question, DE is a big need. While Morgan and Wimbley have been great thus far, we have no one behind them. You mention our 07 and 08 defense with Haynesworth but I can't help but think of the 07 and 11 Giants with Strahan,Tuck, Osi and JPP,Tuck, Osi. They had pass rushers that helped lead to their Super Bowls. While I too would love to have a dominant DT, I think adding DE is a bigger need.
With everyone healthy, we actually have a nice DT rotation with Casey,Marks,Klug,Martin and maybe even DaJohn Harris. I can't say the same about our DEs. We're an injury away to either Morgan or Wimbley from being force to plug in a 7th rounder in Scott Solomon. I do agree that Lotulelei would be a great addition to our defense though.


DE is not a big need. We need depth at the position but you don't have to spend a 1st round pick on one. You can go through FA and get some quality backs-ups and also there is the rest of the draft as well.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I like that Wimbley and Morgan are playing great; I'm also greatly concerned about the depth behind them...


Well we should be in a position to draft Sam Montgomery if it's that much of a concern.


Maybe but do we really need to draft a 1st round DE with how good Morgan and Wimbley are playing? I understand we need good depth behind them and I feel Montgomery is the best 4-3 DE in the draft but I don't think DE is a huge need at the moment. At the moment I think, the whole interior O-Line is a need, DT, and both safeties. I know people will question why DT is a need but I still think it is. Casey is the only starting caliber DT at this point. Klug is best rotating in so he stays fresh. Martin is the same as Klug but a better run stuffer. Marks played good in preseason but I still don't think he's that good. I think I was spoiled by Haynesworths 07 and 08 seasons bc I think a dominant DT makes any D look good. Lotulelei IMO is the guy that fits that best. Honestly at the moment, I'd draft, Lotulelei, Barrett Jones, Jarvis Jones, David Amerson in that order.


To answer your first question, DE is a big need. While Morgan and Wimbley have been great thus far, we have no one behind them. You mention our 07 and 08 defense with Haynesworth but I can't help but think of the 07 and 11 Giants with Strahan,Tuck, Osi and JPP,Tuck, Osi. They had pass rushers that helped lead to their Super Bowls. While I too would love to have a dominant DT, I think adding DE is a bigger need.
With everyone healthy, we actually have a nice DT rotation with Casey,Marks,Klug,Martin and maybe even DaJohn Harris. I can't say the same about our DEs. We're an injury away to either Morgan or Wimbley from being force to plug in a 7th rounder in Scott Solomon. I do agree that Lotulelei would be a great addition to our defense though.


I was being facetious in using a high first round pick on a backup DE. That's what veteran players are for. That being said, we NEED a guy like Eric Reid or Star. The more I watch Star the more he reminds me of Ngata coming out. A big guy that shouldn't be able to move like that.


Yeah, I just feel you can never have too many pass rushers. However I'm completely with you and ttf4l about Star. He'd really help impact our defense. My biggest mancrush for the 2013 draft is Jarvis Jones. I think he's going to be a stud in the league. If we did somehow pick him, I wonder what it would mean for Ayers. Maybe a DE switch.


Yea I'm loving Jones game. I have him as my #1 defensive player. I honestly couldn't see a spot for Ayers. Maybe try him at DE in passing situations but I doubt he'd like it and I don't think he'd be that effective. Jones IMO will be a star and I wouldn't hesitate for a second if he's on the board when we pick. I like Ayers and think he's a solid player but Jones is on another level.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2543
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

DE is not a big need. We need depth at the position but you don't have to spend a 1st round pick on one. You can go through FA and get some quality backs-ups and also there is the rest of the draft as well.


I probably overstated how big of a need DE. I'm still uncomfortable about our DE depth, however.
The biggest thing I want when the draft rolls around is a difference maker on defense. We need someone who can be the face of the defense for years to come. I believe McCarthy could be that guy but it remains to be seen. Whether it's another DE, Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei or whoever, I want someone who can have an immediate impact for our team. I'm stating the obvious as I'm sure we'd all like a player who could have an impact from day one no matter the position. I have to keep telling myself that the season is still young and we have a lot of young guys out there who'll hopefully continue to progress. I'm hoping to see some of them progress into bonafide starters. Derrick Morgan has already done so imo but guys like Zach Brown, Akeem Ayers, Robert Johnson and most of our DTs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gibbythemute


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 10879
Location: BGKY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We NEED another starting DE. Wimbley has been productiive, but Morgan is hit or miss. We need another pass rusher and we need s dominant DT. Casey is solid but we need someone who can penetrate deep in the backfield.

We need an overhaul of safeties as well. Griffin, Babs, Johnson all need to go.
_________________

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6155
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbythemute wrote:
We NEED another starting DE. Wimbley has been productiive, but Morgan is hit or miss. We need another pass rusher and we need s dominant DT. Casey is solid but we need someone who can penetrate deep in the backfield.

We need an overhaul of safeties as well. Griffin, Babs, Johnson all need to go.


Agreed. Like I said, Eric Reid would be my pick in the first unless we can get Star. If we get star then Kenny Vaccaro or Robert Lester in the second would be amazing. This year is a deep draft at the safety position. Possibly Reid, Lester, Vaccaro, TJ McDonald, David Amerson will most likely play safety in the NFL, and I'm sure a few other good ones I'm not remembering.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
We NEED another starting DE. Wimbley has been productiive, but Morgan is hit or miss. We need another pass rusher and we need s dominant DT. Casey is solid but we need someone who can penetrate deep in the backfield.

We need an overhaul of safeties as well. Griffin, Babs, Johnson all need to go.


Agreed. Like I said, Eric Reid would be my pick in the first unless we can get Star. If we get star then Kenny Vaccaro or Robert Lester in the second would be amazing. This year is a deep draft at the safety position. Possibly Reid, Lester, Vaccaro, TJ McDonald, David Amerson will most likely play safety in the NFL, and I'm sure a few other good ones I'm not remembering.


Yea it's pretty deep at the moment especially compared to the past couple of drafts. Tony Jefferson, Matt Elam, and Baccari Rambo are some others. I'm also not ready to give up on our 6th round pick Markelle Martin yet.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6155
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
We NEED another starting DE. Wimbley has been productiive, but Morgan is hit or miss. We need another pass rusher and we need s dominant DT. Casey is solid but we need someone who can penetrate deep in the backfield.

We need an overhaul of safeties as well. Griffin, Babs, Johnson all need to go.


Agreed. Like I said, Eric Reid would be my pick in the first unless we can get Star. If we get star then Kenny Vaccaro or Robert Lester in the second would be amazing. This year is a deep draft at the safety position. Possibly Reid, Lester, Vaccaro, TJ McDonald, David Amerson will most likely play safety in the NFL, and I'm sure a few other good ones I'm not remembering.


Yea it's pretty deep at the moment especially compared to the past couple of drafts. Tony Jefferson, Matt Elam, and Baccari Rambo are some others. I'm also not ready to give up on our 6th round pick Markelle Martin yet.


I'm not ready to give up on him either but if you're in a position to take one of the aforementioned guys you do it. Reid can also play SS, he did next to Craig Loston last year, so that versatility makes him that much more awesome.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group