Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finley's Agent Calls Out Rodgers. Finley is Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Lol @ homers who called me a hater for not jumping on the Finley bandwagon. This is just icing on the cake.

I will never understand this mindset. I mean, as a Packers fan you want Finley to fail so you look right about something you said in the past?

I'm sure we have all hit and missed on a few over the years. Lord knows I have and this is how I pay my bills.

A lot of fans have no regard for Finley. They find him arrogant, bombastic and immature and blast him for dropping balls. They hope he screws up so much TT will ship his tail out of town on a rail and we will be free of this vermin.

I disagree with just about all of this.

Most of the Packers fans on this site wanted Finley to succeed and could see what he was capable of becoming. The whole off season after we won the SB I kept bragging that we won it all and we were getting the best TE in football back.

This last year plus has been a gigantic disappointment and again he has a history of doing childish immature stuff like this before when things weren't going his way.

Also I have no idea why the Hell people are bringing Bishop into this.

Reread what I said = THEY, not I. Maybe folks on this site wanted Finley to succeed but on the other forums I post on he is railed upon even worse than you see here. I don't have a problem with him at all. Sure, he's dropped some passes but he ain't the only one. Even if he isn't being targeted his presence alone makes our opponents account for him and helps other receivers like Jordy and Greg have an easier time getting open. He isn't costing us a fortune and from all reports he's a hard working guy and well liked in the lockerroom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with Finley and his ego. I basically think it's going to limit him from ever reaching his potential because he already thinks of himself as one of the very best.

- After getting injured on an INT, he says he learned better than to try and make a tackle on a play like that. Really? INT, oh well, give up.

- Blocking is hard. He's going to be a star for catching anyway, so why bother blocking.

- The drops are bad, but it from post game comments I've heard he seems to regard each as an unfortunate bad play, without considering them all as part of the same problem.

- This agent thing I don't REALLY care about, but I do think the overall idea came from Finley. Basically Rodgers isn't a leader because he doesn't make FINLEY better.

- The whole photo drama. I'm sorry, I don't care if you made the roster, Nick Barnett and Jermichael Finley. You've been out since the early season. That is not part of the team that got to the SB.

- He needs to drop twitter. Yes he is funny, but he is too stupid in his posts. He's making boasts he just can't back up but hasn't seemed to learn from it yet.

- This is his 5th year in the NFL. At this point he pretty much is what he is. He's not a bad player, but he's not an elite one either. The problem is he seems to think he is an elite TE and expects to be paid like one. If hit hits the switch (which I doubt) this year sure, lock him up long term. If not, try and deal him or get ready to let him walk.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't change my mind at all about Finley. Do I wish he would've handled it differently? Sure, but at this point Finley is who he is

He can't control what his agent says, and I don't think its even a big deal, but he should've come out and supported Aaron better. He doesn't have to fire his agent, that's overkill as I'm sure they're friends. He just needed to say that it was inappropriate and that Aaron is a great leader.

He tweeted that he didn't put him up to it, and thought Rodgers was fine. It just came off that he was more protective of his agent than he was Rodgers.

Finley isn't going to get any better at blocking, or stop talking like an idiot, but if he can control the drops he can still be a force for us. If he can't, then his salary would be better spent elsewhere.

Calm down!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
This doesn't change my mind at all about Finley. Do I wish he would've handled it differently? Sure, but at this point Finley is who he is

He can't control what his agent says, and I don't think its even a big deal, but he should've come out and supported Aaron better. He doesn't have to fire his agent, that's overkill as I'm sure they're friends. He just needed to say that it was inappropriate and that Aaron is a great leader.

He tweeted that he didn't put him up to it, and thought Rodgers was fine. It just came off that he was more protective of his agent than he was Rodgers.

Finley isn't going to get any better at blocking, or stop talking like an idiot, but if he can control the drops he can still be a force for us. If he can't, then his salary would be better spent elsewhere.

Calm down!
He absolutely can control what his agent says. All he has to tell him is to shut is mouth or your fired. Finley pays his agent to represent him. Crazy that u think he can't control what he says. If Finley didn't/doesn't have the same opinion as his agent, why not come out and support his MVP QB?? That's a rhetorical question so don't even bother answering it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:

I greatly disagree. He would be worlds better if he would just give effort. Sure he may never be a good blocker but watch what he is doing now. It's mailing it in on the level Randy Moss used to when it was a run or he wasn't a primary read. I have zero tolerance for that kind of player.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Blink wrote:

I greatly disagree. He would be worlds better if he would just give effort. Sure he may never be a good blocker but watch what he is doing now. It's mailing it in on the level Randy Moss used to when it was a run or he wasn't a primary read. I have zero tolerance for that kind of player.

I 100% agree. I'm just saying Finley has never showed even a slight dedication to blocking, I don't see why he would start now.

If he didn't try to block during a contract year, I don't think he ever will.

I can deal with this if he's lighting up stat sheets like Gronk, but he's not that good/consistent of a receiver to give so little effort in the run game.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Blink wrote:

I 100% agree. I'm just saying Finley has never showed even a slight dedication to blocking, I don't see why he would start now.

If he didn't try to block during a contract year, I don't think he ever will.

I can deal with this if he's lighting up stat sheets like Gronk, but he's not that good/consistent of a receiver to give so little effort in the run game.

I can't. I have no patience for players who only try when they are the star. Part of what make Gronk my #1 TE in the game right now is his blocking. He tried blocking last year better than he has so far this year. He wasn't good at it but he at least gave some effort. So far this year, if it's a running play and Finley is on the field we really aren't even much better off than if we had just sent 10 guys out.

If he'd get his head on straight I love what he is capable of, but after this much time, I kinda figure he just is what he is, and that is a player who's performance is never going to live up to his talent or hype.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
He wasn't good at it but he at least gave some effort. So far this year, if it's a running play and Finley is on the field we really aren't even much better off than if we had just sent 10 guys out.

This. LIS earlier, he gets a red for effort in blocking. He doesn't sustain when he does get his hands on you, but he whiffs all too often as well. Part of the reason why I think Q may steal snaps from him. Not much, but 8-12 a game due to blocking.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Blink wrote:
stuff

He absolutely can control what his agent says. All he has to tell him is to shut is mouth or your fired. Finley pays his agent to represent him. Crazy that u think he can't control what he says. If Finley didn't/doesn't have the same opinion as his agent, why not come out and support his MVP QB?? That's a rhetorical question so don't even bother answering it.

You pay a lawyer to represent you, you pay an agent to negotiate for you. There's a significant difference. An agent is not a public relations guy, or a campaign manager, he negotiates contracts and endorsements.

He cannot stop someone from saying something before they say it. That's obvious and pretty simple, tbh. It's not his fault his agent said something. He can only control how he handles this situation going forward.

I don't mean sound rude, but the whole firing him bit sounds a little naive. It's business, not everyone is going to get along. He seems to have made his point of disagreeing with the agent, so the issue looks to be settled.

You don't know their relationship. They seem to be long time friends so I can certainly understand not terminating a business relationship due to a silly tweet, that's pretty insignificant in the long run.
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spill, I get it. Without an immediate starter as a backup though, I'll put up with it.

Fact is we're a better team with Finley than we are without. Q is still hurt, Williams is far from ready for a starting role, and Crabtree is a FB in a TEs body.

Do I like it? Nope. But he can be an explosive receiver and really change the way we play offense, so as long as he controls the drops I'll deal with it. Talent is hard to find in the NFL sometimes you have to deal with personalities you don't like.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe you guys are calling for a guy who caught three passes last year. Q might not even get activated off of PUP, Id put him on IR personally. Neal is going to replace Merling. You already have to cut a guys for Sherrod. Im not going to cut a guy like Lattimore to put Q on the roster this year, coming off of injury. He'll prolly go straight to IR like Zombo. Can play Sherrod at TE, better blocker and about an equal receiving threat. Next year Q will get his shot to battle Crabtree for the blocking TE spot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Can't believe you guys are calling for a guy who caught three passes last year. Q might not even get activated off of PUP, Id put him on IR personally. Neal is going to replace Merling. You already have to cut a guys for Sherrod. Im not going to cut a guy like Lattimore to put Q on the roster this year, coming off of injury. He'll prolly go straight to IR like Zombo. Can play Sherrod at TE, better blocker and about an equal receiving threat. Next year Q will get his shot to battle Crabtree for the blocking TE spot.

Gotta agree with you there, and I like Quarless more than most here. I agree that I'd probably IR him as well.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Can play Sherrod at TE, about an equal receiving threat.

Wow. Seriously Ray? He had 4 targets. 4, but go ahead and continue to speak garbage.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Can play Sherrod at TE, about an equal receiving threat.

Wow. Seriously Ray? He had 4 targets. 4, but go ahead and continue to speak garbage.

In almost a full season, you play an eligible OT there Im sure he can get half as much. If were gonna keep two blocking TE's on the team, why not just run a heavy package? Q has provided little to nothing to our offense, where as Finley, even when he has zero targets, pulls the safeties out of the middle of the field and regularly faces double teams. To say we could replace J-Mike with Q is the garbage. Q is a fine niche player, Finley is much more than that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Blink wrote:

Calm down!

http://blog.packers.com/2012/09/20/finleys-agent-has-his-own-opinion/

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: