Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harris, Holmes, and Cromartie on Forbes NFL most overpaid...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I am ashamed of everyone's opinion on Harris.

I am too. Laughing I think he's the second best player on our defense.

You guys are probably right, Harris might be their second best defensive player. I can't think of anybody better except maybe Cro on good days, but I'm into stats and his have really dropped off the last two years. In 2009 he was 3rd among ILBs in tackles. He was 16th in 2010 and 17th last year. If you include all MLB those numbers drop to 5th, 25 th, and 30th. So just going by those stats I can see why he would be considered overpaid.

Harris was also the only player in the NFL last season to have 5+ sacks and 4+ INTs.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I am ashamed of everyone's opinion on Harris.

I am too. Laughing I think he's the second best player on our defense.

You guys are probably right, Harris might be their second best defensive player. I can't think of anybody better except maybe Cro on good days, but I'm into stats and his have really dropped off the last two years. In 2009 he was 3rd among ILBs in tackles. He was 16th in 2010 and 17th last year. If you include all MLB those numbers drop to 5th, 25 th, and 30th. So just going by those stats I can see why he would be considered overpaid.

Tackles are a terrible way to judge production for any player. A tackle 10 yards down the field is the same as a tackle a yard away from the LoS
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris isn't overpaid he's just a terrible fit with Bart Scott

I want to see Harris and Davis who compliment each other better, Harris can blitz more and defend the run while Davis works in coverage more

Cromartie is only over paid cause we went after Nnamdi

Holmes is way over paid, Braylon should have gotten the deal better yet Cruz should be our #1 but Rex had to open up his big [inappropriate/removed] mouth

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I want to see Harris and Davis who compliment each other better, Harris can blitz more and defend the run while Davis works in coverage more

Holmes is way over paid, Braylon should have gotten the deal better yet Cruz should be our #1 but Rex had to open up his big [inappropriate/removed] mouth

Harris should not be blitzing. He should be sitting in the middle of the field spying on the QB/clogging up holes. Harris is actually very good at defending the pass, just not good at playing man.

And Rex had nothing to do with Cruz not being cut.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris is above average in every aspect of his game.

He is a great blitzer, great against the run, great recognition against the screen, not bad in zone but has trouble against speed guys in man. Really no flaws to his game, just doesn't have Patrick Willis speed/athleticism but who does?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Harris is above average in every aspect of his game.

He is a great blitzer, great against the run, great recognition against the screen, not bad in zone but has trouble against speed guys in man. Really no flaws to his game, just doesn't have Patrick Willis speed/athleticism but who does?

Harris is slow as $#!T but aside from that you make a good point. I think he got the #1 spot because ILBs have become extremely devalued in this league. OLBs get all the hype especially in the 3-4 scheme. I dont not like Harris, the dudes a baller, how Calvin Pace isn't #1 on this list is honestly astounding.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

Harris should not be blitzing. He should be sitting in the middle of the field spying on the QB/clogging up holes. Harris is actually very good at defending the pass, just not good at playing man.

And Rex had nothing to do with Cruz not being cut.

The Giants were going to stash Cruz on their practice squad and Rex, after Cruz lite us up, said at the press conference if the Giants cut him I'll love him on this football team, so they kept him on the 53 man roster and the rest is history

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: