Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Stat that's "Hard-to-fathom"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37810
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
Wow, so footballoutsiders finally posted stats after two games and at this point our run game is literally worse than a bunch of dead people just laying there. It's 300% worse than it was last year so far.

Our left and right tackles are literally the worst blockers to ever live so far this year.

Also we have run up the middle on 60% of runs, with a player who has never been that successful running up the middle and we're at the top of the league with running up the middle. Incompetence at it's best.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol


Seems legit. Let's keep lining up in strong formations, telegraphing the run, and ram it up the middle.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25953
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
Wow, so footballoutsiders finally posted stats after two games and at this point our run game is literally worse than a bunch of dead people just laying there. It's 300% worse than it was last year so far.

Our left and right tackles are literally the worst blockers to ever live so far this year.

Also we have run up the middle on 60% of runs, with a player who has never been that successful running up the middle and we're at the top of the league with running up the middle. Incompetence at it's best.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
CJ's fault. If the loser would just use some of his $53 million to buy a jet pack this wouldn't be a problem. Instead he's just lazy and loves getting crushed in the backfield. Such a bust.
_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
evil flamingo


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 142
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a memory of several Titans fans claiming that that Chris Johnson's struggles were purely down to Eugene Amano.

Anyway, I think the blame for the pathetic running game should be shared equally by the o-line that isn't blocking and the running back who isn't running.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Obie09


Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 318
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evil flamingo wrote:
I have a memory of several Titans fans claiming that that Chris Johnson's struggles were purely down to Eugene Amano.

Anyway, I think the blame for the pathetic running game should be shared equally by the o-line that isn't blocking and the running back who isn't running.


Seemed legit at the time since he was being thrown around like a ragdoll and our o-line started sucking when he became center. But now it's obvious that the entire interior is garbage, our entire line can't zone block, and CJ can't run in zone blocking, and we're running him like he's a power back. I can't think of anything else we could do to make it worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2495
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Obie09 wrote:
Wow, so footballoutsiders finally posted stats after two games and at this point our run game is literally worse than a bunch of dead people just laying there. It's 300% worse than it was last year so far.

Our left and right tackles are literally the worst blockers to ever live so far this year.

Also we have run up the middle on 60% of runs, with a player who has never been that successful running up the middle and we're at the top of the league with running up the middle. Incompetence at it's best.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol


Seems legit. Let's keep lining up in strong formations, telegraphing the run, and ram it up the middle.


Seems about right. Our sucky guards can't pull to save their lives.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Kendall Wright
Damian Stafford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stone32


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 2536
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Obie09 wrote:
Wow, so footballoutsiders finally posted stats after two games and at this point our run game is literally worse than a bunch of dead people just laying there. It's 300% worse than it was last year so far.

Our left and right tackles are literally the worst blockers to ever live so far this year.

Also we have run up the middle on 60% of runs, with a player who has never been that successful running up the middle and we're at the top of the league with running up the middle. Incompetence at it's best.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
CJ's fault. If the loser would just use some of his $53 million to buy a jet pack this wouldn't be a problem. Instead he's just lazy and loves getting crushed in the backfield. Such a bust.


This.
_________________
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2495
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker has had his receivers drop 8 balls in the first two game. No other QB has had over 5 dropped. Mad
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Kendall Wright
Damian Stafford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 522
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Obie09 wrote:
Wow, so footballoutsiders finally posted stats after two games and at this point our run game is literally worse than a bunch of dead people just laying there. It's 300% worse than it was last year so far.

Our left and right tackles are literally the worst blockers to ever live so far this year.

Also we have run up the middle on 60% of runs, with a player who has never been that successful running up the middle and we're at the top of the league with running up the middle. Incompetence at it's best.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
CJ's fault. If the loser would just use some of his $53 million to buy a jet pack this wouldn't be a problem. Instead he's just lazy and loves getting crushed in the backfield. Such a bust.


I doubt that poor misunderstood CJ2K or whatever he's called cares much.

He made the big score and he'll be wealthy the rest of his life. He may be more interested in sparing his body than gaining tough yards at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25953
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Locker has had his receivers drop 8 balls in the first two game. No other QB has had over 5 dropped. Mad
A few of those fall on Jake though. He's had a few passes that he has put a ton of heat on that simply wasn't needed. Obviously receivers need to catch passes that they get their hands on but Locker's touch needs to be a bit better.
_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1314
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
evil flamingo wrote:
I have a memory of several Titans fans claiming that that Chris Johnson's struggles were purely down to Eugene Amano.

Anyway, I think the blame for the pathetic running game should be shared equally by the o-line that isn't blocking and the running back who isn't running.


Seemed legit at the time since he was being thrown around like a ragdoll and our o-line started sucking when he became center. But now it's obvious that the entire interior is garbage, our entire line can't zone block, and CJ can't run in zone blocking, and we're running him like he's a power back. I can't think of anything else we could do to make it worse.


Didn't we just start the zone blocking last year or have been using the zone scheme and I am not aware of it? I remember reading last week we've been running the zone in a post on here but didn't want to say something and sound dumb but your post makes it seem as if I were correct and we did just instill zone last year. Either way it's not working I don't care whose fault it is coaching, line, CJ it's not working at all.
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Obie09 wrote:
evil flamingo wrote:
I have a memory of several Titans fans claiming that that Chris Johnson's struggles were purely down to Eugene Amano.

Anyway, I think the blame for the pathetic running game should be shared equally by the o-line that isn't blocking and the running back who isn't running.


Seemed legit at the time since he was being thrown around like a ragdoll and our o-line started sucking when he became center. But now it's obvious that the entire interior is garbage, our entire line can't zone block, and CJ can't run in zone blocking, and we're running him like he's a power back. I can't think of anything else we could do to make it worse.


Didn't we just start the zone blocking last year or have been using the zone scheme and I am not aware of it? I remember reading last week we've been running the zone in a post on here but didn't want to say something and sound dumb but your post makes it seem as if I were correct and we did just instill zone last year. Either way it's not working I don't care whose fault it is coaching, line, CJ it's not working at all.


No the blocking scheme is not new. CJ ran very effectively in a zone scheme early in his career. Something's obviously wrong, but it's not just the fact that we're using a zone scheme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2495
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
Locker has had his receivers drop 8 balls in the first two game. No other QB has had over 5 dropped. Mad
A few of those fall on Jake though. He's had a few passes that he has put a ton of heat on that simply wasn't needed. Obviously receivers need to catch passes that they get their hands on but Locker's touch needs to be a bit better.



Agreed but he isn't the only QB in the league that throws with heat. The offense is completely out of sync.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Kendall Wright
Damian Stafford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group