Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Contracts expiring in 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Contracts expiring in 2013 Reply with quote

I thought I would create a thread to get an idea of whose contracts are expiring in 2013 for the Minnesota Vikings. Hopefully we can use this thread to track the performance of the Vikings free agents and create a discussion of who could potentially be staying or going. Should be interesting to follow as the season progresses. Let's keep this discussion to the Vikings free agents only.

2013 Free Agents:

FB Jerome Felton
WR Percy Harvin (his deal is up in 2014, however, Harvin likely needs an extension this offseason)
WR Jerome Simpson
WR Devin Aromashodu
OT Phil Loadholt
OG Geoff Schwartz
OG/C Joe Berger

DT Kevin Williams
LB Erin Henderson
LB Jasper Brinkley
LB Marvin Mitchell
CB A.J. Jefferson (RFA)
CB Marcus Sherels (ERFA)
S Jamarca Sanford
S Andrew Sendejo

Am is missing anyone?

Lots of starters whose contracts are up; Simpson, Loadholt, Henderson, Brinkley and Williams.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin Henderson is sure playing himself into a new contract. Through two games, he has 22 tackles and 2 sacks and seems to be the only bright spot at LB. If Henderson can keep this up, he very well could be a candidate to get a new deal midseason. MN has shown a tendency to lock players in the middle of the year and looking who MN needs to resign this offseason, it will be important to get some of these players who have developed over the years.

My guess is that his deal would look something like 5 years/$24,000,000; in that neighborhood.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

per my list:

RB 48 Asiata, Matt
FB 42 Felton, Jerome
WR 81 Simpson, Jerome
WR 19 Aromashodu, Devin
TE 83 Reisner, Allen
T 71 Loadholt, Phil
T 79 Asper, Mark
G 76 Schwartz, Geoff
C 61 Berger, Joe
DT 93 Williams, Kevin
LB 50 Henderson, Erin
LB 54 Brinkley, Jasper
LB 50 Mitchell, Marvin
LB 59 McKenzie, Tyrone
CB 35 Sherels, Marcus
S 33 Sanford, Jamarca
S 34 Sendejo, Andrew
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Erin Henderson is sure playing himself into a new contract. Through two games, he has 22 tackles and 2 sacks and seems to be the only bright spot at LB. If Henderson can keep this up, he very well could be a candidate to get a new deal midseason. MN has shown a tendency to lock players in the middle of the year and looking who MN needs to resign this offseason, it will be important to get some of these players who have developed over the years.

My guess is that his deal would look something like 5 years/$24,000,000; in that neighborhood.

Erin is definitely the best LB on the team at the moment. I think he definitely deserves a 4-5 year deal if he keeps it up.

Also, Jared Allen, Brian Robison and Everson Griffen are all FA's in 2014. I could see Allen restructuring/extending his deal this offseason.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Erin is definitely the best LB on the team at the moment. I think he definitely deserves a 4-5 year deal if he keeps it up.

Also, Jared Allen, Brian Robison and Everson Griffen are all FA's in 2014. I could see Allen restructuring/extending his deal this offseason.

Good points. That is a heck of a lot of DEs with expiring contracts in one year Shocked

MN needs D'Aundre Reed to step up, it might get expensive trying to retain Robison and Allen. I think Griffen is a must to keep, and I dont think the Vikes would let Allen go unless he has a poor year.

Robison would probably be the most likely to leave, he really isnt even much younger than Allen. But I guess Robison returning is dependent upon Griffen or Reed playing well in spot duty.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen Reisner is signed through 2013.

Quote:
1/2/2012: Signed a two-year, $1.02 million contract. 2012: $465,000, 2013: $555,000, 2014: Restricted Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6950/allen-reisner
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about candidates to be released of their contract in 2013:

Arrow WR Michael Jenkins - (Jenkins took a pay cut in 2012 but he has a $3M cap hit in 2013 if he is on the roster)

Arrow TE John Carlson - (With Felton playing well, there has been less use of 2 TE sets, and when Carlson has been out there, he hasnt been getting open. Carlson is making a heck of a lot of money for a #2 TE who probably wont see more than 30-35 balls thrown his way)

Arrow OG Charlie Johnson - (MN would need to find a replacement at LG first, Johnson's job is probably safe and he would probably take a pay cut to be a swing lineman off the bench)

Arrow CB Antoine Winfield - (if Jefferson steps up at nickel CB, $3M is still a lot of money for a 35 yr old CB who struggles in coverage down field)

Anymore?
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jenkins will be gone.

I have a hard time seeing Carlson cut, just because Spielman won't want to look bad.

I would like to keep Johnson as a backup swing lineman. We really need someone on the roster who can at least be passable at LT if Kalil goes down.

I bet Winfield retires. Either way I don't see him back next year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Could be correct on Spielman. Though, a good GM should know to part ways if a player clearly isnt producing to their contract. Based on Spielman's handling of veteran players recently, I could see Carlson getting released. I am not sure how important it is for Spielman to save face, if its something that he even cares about.

Carlson's salary is $2.9 million in 2013, that is a pretty big chunk of money that could go towards keeping a free agent.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson's deal with guaranteed money was basically set-up so he could be cut after a season if he didn't workout after a year or if he had reoccuring injury issues, being that he has had injury issues and hasn't been a major part of the offense he is a real likely candidate for getting cute, and I don't see Spielman even carrying, every off season signing this year was a hope to find a diamond in the rough and if it didn't work out, there wasn't money tied up in anyone.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Carlson's deal with guaranteed money was basically set-up so he could be cut after a season if he didn't workout after a year or if he had reoccuring injury issues, being that he has had injury issues and hasn't been a major part of the offense he is a real likely candidate for getting cute, and I don't see Spielman even carrying, every off season signing this year was a hope to find a diamond in the rough and if it didn't work out, there wasn't money tied up in anyone.

Agreed. With the drafting of Rhett Ellison in round 4, in addition to Allen Reisner, there is sufficient depth behind Rudolph. Rudolph, Harvin and whoever the primary outside WR in 2013 should see a significant bulk of the receptions in the offense. That #2 TE is really there mostly for blocking and someone who can add more balance to the offense as a potential threat as a receiver. Ellison showed the skills in the preseason as a receiver to suggest he isnt a one dimensional blocker.

Perhaps Carlson was brought in for insurance in case Kyle Rudolph never emerged as a #1 TE. Carlson's contract is more on par with a primary TE, so maybe there was more doubt on Rudolph than we thought. i think its clear that Rudolph is a capable #1 TE.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to see is Carlson and Webb packaged in a trade for Larry Fitzgerald....
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I bet Winfield retires. Either way I don't see him back next year.

i wonder if he wants/is able to coach...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
What I want to see is Carlson and Webb packaged in a trade for Larry Fitzgerald....

Plus two first round picks and you may have a start...
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson, what an awful signing. I mean, 25MM for a 2nd TE, with an injury history, that can't block (and neither can your first TE)....I would expect he might be gone also.

I expect Jenkins to be gone. I think Winfield could be gone. If they don't go defense in round 1, there is an Alabama OG I'd take in round 1, that would help open massive holes for AP and Harvin.....meaning Johnson could be gone, though I bet they try to keep him as a rotational guy (or maybe replace Loadholt).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: