Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Life without Hue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're lost without Hue
Cant help myself
How does it feel?
To know that I love you baby

Lol I miss hue a lot but I realize Reggie wanted to bring in his own guy. It really surprised me he wasn't able to get a OC job after the major strides we made offensively under him.
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but doesn't hue coach as an assistant for special teams. not only guy couldnt get a head coach job but there were plenty of vacants spots for OC's in the league.

good laughs tho, always

Laughing
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
We're lost without Hue
Cant help myself
How does it feel?
To know that I love you baby

Lol I miss hue a lot but I realize Reggie wanted to bring in his own guy. It really surprised me he wasn't able to get a OC job after the major strides we made offensively under him.

Probabl because he wasn't that good of an OC. Throw is ego and it's obvious why teams wouldn't go near him.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the issue many are facing is they expected to much to soon. Fans wanted a 49ers type turnaround under a new regime. But the Raiders simply didn't have the talent or resources they had when the new regime came in.

So now it becomes a waiting game and fans better settle in. This offseason was steps backwards and there was never going to be forward momentum.

The new FO had no money and limited draft picks to work with. They were forced to cut their best and only pass rusher. They were not able to add impact players in the draft with 95 being the first pick.

The GM is new to his job. The HC is new to his job. The DC is new to his job. There was bound to be a learning curve, setbacks and adversity.

The goal IMO was simple for the FO. Trim the fat (contracts and underachievers), be creative in adding depth. Install new offense and defense and be patient in letting it grow and come together.

This is rebuilding time in Oakland. Not re-loading in the Davis sense. This is a project and will take IMO 2-3 years to complete and be competitive. They will continue overhauling the roster, finding pieces that fit the schemes before it all comes together.

Like many, I just want to see the Raiders win. Two 8-8 seasons, you think they are on the cusp, but this 'new era' had to begin in the new FO's vision and that vision was overhaul from coaches to players to schemes.

So here we are. Looking at a 4 win season. Lots of adversity, finger pointing and media tirades.

For many, they always talked about a post-Davis era. We're living it. And if you truly believed in the hiring of McKenzie than you have to be patient in this honeymoon period to see it take form.

It's going to take a well played free agency game and well placed draft picks for in my mind 2 or 3 years before this comes together in their vision.

Better settle in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't that good of an OC. His offense was better suited for our team, yes, but he wasn't as great of an OC as people think. We almost gave up a couple games last year because of his second half play calling.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously wasn't any good. We had a good offense pre-Hue and we have a good offense post-Hue. Confused
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
He obviously wasn't any good. We had a good offense pre-Hue and we have a good offense post-Hue. Confused

Yeah I didnt like Hue as a head coach but I do see a lot of devaluing going on. Happens alot when a player or coach leaves somebodies favorite team. He was a good OC.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Yeah I didnt like Hue as a head coach but I do see a lot of devaluing going on. Happens alot when a player or coach leaves somebodies favorite team. He was a good OC.

Happens way too much.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Good thing Hue Jackson first two games weren't chargers at home and Dolphins away. Laughing

Because he had McFadden and a competent DC in both of those games last season, right?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life without Hue is like a broken pencil, it has no point Crying or Very sad
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Happens way too much.

I said his offensive system was great for our talent, and I do like how he fit his offense around the strength of our players, I just wasn't a huge fan of his play calling, especially in the second half. You guys can make your little claims of how I'm only saying that because he's gone, but I said that while he was with the team.

I just think people complain about moves made in the past way too much, some here must not handle break ups very well, because a lot are just stuck in the past. Time to move on IMO. Complaining and discussing it, or saying what could've been is one thing, but 3 threads about it is another thing.

Missing Hue wouldn't be as significant if Greg Knapp wasn't so bad or if People were just patient.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I think the issue many are facing is they expected to much to soon. Fans wanted a 49ers type turnaround under a new regime. But the Raiders simply didn't have the talent or resources they had when the new regime came in.

So now it becomes a waiting game and fans better settle in. This offseason was steps backwards and there was never going to be forward momentum.

The new FO had no money and limited draft picks to work with. They were forced to cut their best and only pass rusher. They were not able to add impact players in the draft with 95 being the first pick.

The GM is new to his job. The HC is new to his job. The DC is new to his job. There was bound to be a learning curve, setbacks and adversity.

The goal IMO was simple for the FO. Trim the fat (contracts and underachievers), be creative in adding depth. Install new offense and defense and be patient in letting it grow and come together.

This is rebuilding time in Oakland. Not re-loading in the Davis sense. This is a project and will take IMO 2-3 years to complete and be competitive. They will continue overhauling the roster, finding pieces that fit the schemes before it all comes together.

Like many, I just want to see the Raiders win. Two 8-8 seasons, you think they are on the cusp, but this 'new era' had to begin in the new FO's vision and that vision was overhaul from coaches to players to schemes.

So here we are. Looking at a 4 win season. Lots of adversity, finger pointing and media tirades.

For many, they always talked about a post-Davis era. We're living it. And if you truly believed in the hiring of McKenzie than you have to be patient in this honeymoon period to see it take form.

It's going to take a well played free agency game and well placed draft picks for in my mind 2 or 3 years before this comes together in their vision.

Better settle in.

There was never going to be forward momentum? I wonder why that is? haha People, stop acting like hiring a terrible OC is the norm for teams with new regimes. It's not. Reggie McKenzie didn't hire Greg Knapp to be a detriment to the team. It's not all apart of his master plan. He wanted to compete this season, but screwed the pooch with that hiring.

This all comes down to Greg Knapp. He's the difference between a 2-0 team and an 0-2 team, and the difference between fans who don't understand that "rebuilding" doesn't mean having to suck. You mention the 9ers, yet fail to acknowledge that they were 6-10 the season before Jim Harbaugh took over.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

lol seriously
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Happens way too much.

I said his offensive system was great for our talent, and I do like how he fit his offense around the strength of our players, I just wasn't a huge fan of his play calling, especially in the second half. You guys can make your little claims of how I'm only saying that because he's gone, but I said that while he was with the team.

I just think people complain about moves made in the past way too much, some here must not handle break ups very well, because a lot are just stuck in the past. Time to move on IMO. Complaining and discussing it, or saying what could've been is one thing, but 3 threads about it is another thing.

Shouldnt assume posts are about you unless your quoted. Unless you are feeling guilty about some thing. His play calling got way to conservative in the second half of games. But he had a rundown M.Bush and a turnover machine for a QB. What exactly was he suppose to do. His major problem, we GM decisions and head coach decisions. He sucked at those.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Happens way too much.

Shouldnt assume posts are about you unless your quoted. Unless you are feeling guilty about some thing. His play calling got way to conservative in the second half of games. But he had a rundown M.Bush and a turnover machine for a QB. What exactly was he suppose to do. His major problem, we GM decisions and head coach decisions. He sucked at those.

It came right after my post so I just assumed, sorry Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: