Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Jay is also more affected now than in the past since he can audible now which means he has to yell louder when the fans are too loud.

That's a great point about audibling. It was a problem even before with our OL having difficulties hearing the snap count at home games. That's just inexcusable.
He audibled a lot and it did not seem to be that much of a problem. I don't recall any timeouts or penalties as a result of the noise.
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Jay is also more affected now than in the past since he can audible now which means he has to yell louder when the fans are too loud.

That's a great point about audibling. It was a problem even before with our OL having difficulties hearing the snap count at home games. That's just inexcusable.
He audibled a lot and it did not seem to be that much of a problem. I don't recall any timeouts or penalties as a result of the noise.

Maybe he knew he shouldn't even bother since the crowd was too loud, which it was (north endzone)
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

First redzone posession, he had to burn a timeout and that's when he started yelling at the crowd.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

First redzone posession, he had to burn a timeout and that's when he started yelling at the crowd.
I think he was yelling at the officials. It did not appear that the clock was reset so he had no time when he got to the line.

I thought at the time it was noise but then I looked at the play clock and it had wound down and there really had been no delays or anything the Bears did. This occurred once more and I don't think the refs made them take a time out because of their screw up.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

I think he was yelling at the officials. It did not appear that the clock was reset so he had no time when he got to the line.

I thought at the time it was noise but then I looked at the play clock and it had wound down and there really had been no delays or anything the Bears did. This occurred once more and I don't think the refs made them take a time out because of their screw up.
Different play. 15th offensive play of the game, Jay is clearly having trouble communicating the play, and the endzone is deafening (following Matt Forte's 2nd big run). It's pretty clear he's shouting something to somebody in the stands.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Soldier Field Faithful Don't Know When to Make Some Nois Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Different play. 15th offensive play of the game, Jay is clearly having trouble communicating the play, and the endzone is deafening (following Matt Forte's 2nd big run). It's pretty clear he's shouting something to somebody in the stands.
OK, that was probably because it took the crowd too long to settle down. Long runs by a back get the crowd in an uproar not quickly quieted. We loves our runs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: