Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins Reply with quote

@

The New York Jets
(1-1)
at The Miami Dolphins(1-1)

Game Information
Day: Sunday
Time: 1:00 ET
Where: Sun Life Stadium
TV: CBS

Standings
AFC East
New York Jets 1-1(1-0)
New England Patriots 1-1(0-0)
Miami Dolphins 1-1(0-0)
Buffalo Bills 1-1(0-1)

Statistics

Dolphins Offense / Jets Defense
22.5 PPG(20th) / 27.5 PPG(22nd)
363.5 YPG(12th) / 360.5 YPG(16th)
192.5 PYPG(27th) / 230 PYPG(16th)
171 RYPG(2nd) / 130.5 RYPG(22nd)

Jets Offense / Dolphins Defense
29 PPG(8th) / 21.5 PPG(11th)
301.5 YPG(26th) / 366.5 YPG(18th)
197.5 PYPG(24th) / 313.5 PYPG(30th)
104 RYPG(18th) / 53 RYPG(4th)

Mangold with an awkward stare...
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two games and the Ram's game are must wins. I care about the whole season but if we go 3-0 vs these three I will be satisfied
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
These two games and the Ram's game are must wins. I care about the whole season but if we go 3-0 vs these three I will be satisfied

This is a must win considering who our next two opponents are. It will be a lot easier to win against Miami than it will be against San Francisco or Houston.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Revis and Keller can return, though I don't want Keller to rush back as hamstring injuries can linger and it looks like Keller did rush back and have a setback. But we could use him back in our offense.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking about it I actually really like this matchup. The dolphins only threat on offense against us would be Reggie Bush and unless they expect to throw screens all game I dont see him being too much to worry about. This is the one week we can get away with sending the house against a rookie QB who has little to work with. Its a divisional game and Miami's defense is still a very solid unit but I think we take this game although it will be close.

NYJ 23
MIA 19

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

23-19 the last thing I need is a nail biter. Start throwing the ball to win not throw the ball because you are trailing. I'm tired of the handcuffs. Mark was the a top 5 pick can we please let him grow as a player.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
23-19 the last thing I need is a nail biter. Start throwing the ball to win not throw the ball because you are trailing. I'm tired of the handcuffs. Mark was the a top 5 pick can we please let him grow as a player.

Mark never should have gone that high IMO and I said that from day one. If he didnt go to USC hes a borderline first round pick. He still has the ability to be a good QB in this league but hes yet to show that he can do it consistently. If he doesnt do it this year the Jets need to find another starting QB and it better be one thats at least 6'4.

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been reading, it seems they're hurting in the secondary. From talent to depth, I've been seeing Smith as the only guy there that has been playing at a good level.

Honestly, after what happened last week, and given this is Sparano's old team, I think they need to have an outburst like they did in week one. Probably not the same level in terms of points, but I do think our defense should be able to keep them in check, especially if Revis is back. Their front seven is tough, so I'm not anticipating a big day on the ground, but I do want to see Powell get a few more touches. He looked like the better RB against the Steelers.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

Mark never should have gone that high IMO and I said that from day one. If he didnt go to USC hes a borderline first round pick. He still has the ability to be a good QB in this league but hes yet to show that he can do it consistently. If he doesnt do it this year the Jets need to find another starting QB and it better be one thats at least 6'4.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the Defense cost his team two chances at the SB not Mark. Call it what you want but that facts are the facts. I'm tired of Rex flapping his gums. Stop talking like you are the best you have have failed to create a dominate D.

They have added zero Offensive players to help Mark.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

I've said it before and I will say it again, the Defense cost his team two chances at the SB not Mark. Call it what you want but that facts are the facts. I'm tired of Rex flapping his gums. Stop talking like you are the best you have have failed to create a dominate D.

I agree with this. Yes the stats say we always have a good defense but its not a dominate defense, its a not a shutdown defense, the type that can get a stop to get you the ball back with the game on the line, and thats what cost us in 2010.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

I agree, if you go look at Mark's numbers, he did a pretty good job.

Looks like we will have to throw the ball again in this one. Miami gave up 373 yards to Palmer. Their pass defense is ranked 30th in the league. I'm sure we will target Hill more than twice this time. I'm sure ony have saved some special plays for this game.

I'm interested in seeing what we throw at Tannehill. We got to shut down Bush, and force him to throw. I hope Revis is coming back.

I would like for us to win this game comfortably before we go into the Texan & 49er games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

Looks like we will have to throw the ball again in this one. Miami gave up 373 yards to Palmer. Their pass defense is ranked 30th in the league. I'm sure we will target Hill more than twice this time. I'm sure ony have saved some special plays for this game.

I'm interested in seeing what we throw at Tannehill. We got to shut down Bush, and force him to throw. I hope Revis is coming back.

I would like for us to win this game comfortably before we go into the Texan & 49er games.

Palmer had 373 passing yards partly due to the fact that the Fins only allowed 23 rush yards. He also only completed 50% of his passes and threw a pick.

Just putting last week's performance into perspective.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, let Powell start and let Green be the change of pace pounder. The NFl is a two back league you will only add to yout team if you go two headed monster.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
One more thing, let Powell start and let Green be the change of pace pounder. The NFl is a two back league you will only add to yout team if you go two headed monster.

I think I'd give Greene one more shot but if he continues to average 3 yards a carry, they need to sit him down and give Powell a chance. I guess everybody has given up on McKnight.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

Palmer had 373 passing yards partly due to the fact that the Fins only allowed 23 rush yards. He also only completed 50% of his passes and threw a pick.

Just putting last week's performance into perspective.

That mean we still have to pass because we don't have a ground game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: