Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I haven't paid specific attention to it yet, but I believe the Eagles aren't running much of the wide 9 in the traditional sense of the wide 9 except for on passing downs. They are definitely doing something different this year where there is a clear distinction between what's done on 1st down and 3rd & long. Jason Babin is clearly a maniac on 3rd and long this year while he is pretty anonymous on 1st downs. I plan to look for what is being done differently this week.

Agreed. I've even seen them them line up wide, then shift to a pinch look pre-snap a few times. It also helps to have a real MIKE LB running the show, which can mask some of the deficiencies of the wide 9er.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Cards fan here and I will say some of what's being said is true homerism and some is realistic.

I will give you a realistic perspective.

This Cardinals team is coming in leading the league with a 9-2 record in their last 11 games.

Well let me respond with another realistic perspective: the Eagles are on a 6-game winning streak dating back to last season. That is the longest current streak in the NFL.

Hey, don't get me wrong. Realistic perspective was meant to give an even keel look into the match-up. A lot of people consider the Cardinals underdogs in every match-up and we love it that way.. the team rises to the occasion.

I'm simply saying don't discount our team because we bring 110% every week and have shown that against good teams.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From our board..

DRC29 INT wrote:

From azcardinals.com's http://twitter.com/joshweinfuss
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:

Kolb thus far, since having his starting job taken away, has filled in "decent" but last game against the Patriots, you could tell they were basically trying to limit his mistakes.

That's how you are suppose to use him. Everything with him should be short passes spread all around to different guys. A couple of long passes are worked into the game plan for just the right scenario in the game. You add in that Kolb can run for a 1st down and extend some plays with his feet, you have someone that can win some games for you as long as you treat him like a game manager or even less. If you open up the entire playbook for Kolb, he will look horrible. The Kolb pass to Todd Heap where he avoided the rush and was sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F74W8MTXo7g

Last edited by PowerElite on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Against the Pats we lined up in our dime and nickle quite often and only rushed 4.. Acho, Schofield/Groves, Campbell, and Dockett. I don't remember precise numbers but obviously, they generated good pressure to knock Brady off his game for roughly 3 1/2 quarters of play.

Their offensive line is a lot worse then ours right now. If Michael Vick can make quicker decisions and not hold the ball for 2 minutes, we'll be alright.

Quote:
I can easily see our Cards D stifling your O as well.

I swear I heard the same thing last week about a defense "stifiling" our offense, but yet we still put up mass numbers of yards. If we cut down the turnovers[mainly on the opposing side of the 50], we should be able to pull this out. If we continue to turn it over at the same rate, we'll be in trouble.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles 21 Cards 20

Continuing the trend.
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can easily see the Cards turning this into a snooze fest and winning it with special teams. We need Vick, DeSean, and McCoy to make some electric plays and keep everyone excited. Otherwise, this has the feeling of "that game".
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Cards fan here and I will say some of what's being said is true homerism and some is realistic.

I will give you a realistic perspective.

This Cardinals team is coming in leading the league with a 9-2 record in their last 11 games.

Well let me respond with another realistic perspective: the Eagles are on a 6-game winning streak dating back to last season. That is the longest current streak in the NFL.

Agreed. For other fans not familiar, I think all Eagles fans know we have been going through some very real, but necessary, growing pains over the past 18 games.

Look at the degree change over the past few years. True, non-playoff teams change all the time, but if you look at the rosters of playoff caliber teams, there are usually at least 10-12 starters that consistently return each year that form the backbone of the squad.

If you look at the Eagles opening day depth chart from 2009, the ONLY starters on that team that is still starters on the 2012 team are Trent Cole, DeSean Jackson, Celek, Maclin, and Todd Herremans (this is including punter/kicker as well). Turning over 17 starters and your core special teams players over 3 years, not to mention changing defensive coordinators, defensive schemes, and offensive line schemes, and you have quite a bit of change for a team supposedly ready for the playoffs today.

This year, for the first time since 2007, the Eagles had more than 14 starters returning on both sides of the ball.

I think with Vick at the helm our team will always be a bit reckless, and we'll go as far as his frail body takes us, but this team will start to hit stride this season and I think you're starting to see that already. Particularly with a win over the Ravens when we turned the ball over 4 flippin' times. People are looking at that is a negative, but in all honesty, if you turn the ball over 4 times, commit more penalties, and finish a game -2 in the TO margin against a Top 5 team in the NFL, you should lose every time.

But we beat them in every other category of the game asides from TO and penalties:

First downs - PHI 26, BAL 17
Tot yards - PHI 486, BAL 325
Rushing - PHI 129, BAL 111
Possession - PHI 34:21, BAL 25:39
3rd down % - PHI 47%, BAL 28%

Same thing with Cleveland, we finished the game with 5 TO and 12 penalties for 110 yrds, compared to 4 TO and 3 penalties for the Browns:

First downs - PHI 25, BAL 12
Tot yards - PHI 456, CLE 210
Rushing - PHI 150, CLE 99
Possession - PHI 35:58, CLE 24:02
3rd down % - PHI 42%, CLE 15%

The tale of the tape says that we are winning a lot of battles and a lot of matchups everytime we play, and that our team can execute in a lot of different ways. However the two things that have been killing us are turnovers and penalties.

We'll find out over the next few games if the TOs will plague us all season, or if Vick tries to be more cautious with the football.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that all fans of other teams do (generalizing here, not referring to you Robot) is look at our TO differential and say "lucky". They don't look at the fact that we're dominating in almost every other facet of the game to make up for those TOs.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your run game has been doing well to allow Vick to get good looks when passing. Cardinals D hasn't been allowing much for rushers.. the thing that could kill us though are screen passes. Before Week 1, we weren't seeing them well and defending them horribly. Seattle tried to do a few and ended up getting snubbed out real quick, even turning over the ball on a backward screen pass and another that should of been a turnover but was ruled on the field incorrectly.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys had the best run Defense, until they meet LeSean last year.

It's not a comparable sitaution, but it's worth mentioning.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Think our D plays outstanding this game. I wonder if it'll be Nnamdi vs Fitz all day. It couldn't be last year because of Asante.

DRC and Nnamdi have been playing sides, I don't think that will change for Fitz. Both of them match up reasonably well (about as well as a CB can) with Fitz.

Actually last game they were playing individuals more the sides. I could be wrong but It looked as though DRC was shadowing Torrey and his speed most of the game. Both times Jones went for TD including the PI Nnamdi was on the other side of the field. Let's be honest for a second. Not many players have ever shut down Fitz 1-1 and I doubt it happens this Sunday either unless their is safety help over the top. I honestly am fine with either CB shadowing Fitz where ever he fire just as long as in no circumstance does a LB or Safety.have him in coverage by themselves, PERIOD! I would expect numerous plays where Fitz is in the slot trying to get those match ups. That will be the Chess match up between Juan and Whiz in my opinion that will dictate the success or lack there of against Larry.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
It seems that all fans of other teams do (generalizing here, not referring to you Robot) is look at our TO differential and say "lucky". They don't look at the fact that we're dominating in almost every other facet of the game to make up for those TOs.

Without a doubt, Eagles are putting up great, raw numbers. Last season was similar when we came into your home field.. Eagles were averaging over 400 yards a game on offense and around average to above average on D.

Not going to deny that the Eagles have been putting up great numbers. But I think with our scheme, our secondary is one of the toughest to face and is on the rise. Peterson has been pretty shutdown thus far (even against Brady.. updated numbers for that game said he was targeted 6 times and only allowed 2 completions. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/18/refo-cardinals-patriots-week-2/, http://arizonasports.com/40/1576082/Arizona-Cardinals-Patrick-Peterson-coming-into-his-own-at-cornerback).

Regardless, it's going to be a great game to watch. Arizona is on a 6 game win streak at home right now. Gonna be a nail biter probably.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else mentioned how much they love having BatCountry! back around these parts? Because I know I do...

iRobot wrote:
I'm simply saying don't discount our team because we bring 110% every week and have shown that against good teams.

I don't think a single poster on here, or any of our players & coaches for that matter, are overlooking the Cards. Especially so after you guys beat us in Philly last season.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Think our D plays outstanding this game. I wonder if it'll be Nnamdi vs Fitz all day. It couldn't be last year because of Asante.

DRC and Nnamdi have been playing sides, I don't think that will change for Fitz. Both of them match up reasonably well (about as well as a CB can) with Fitz.

Actually last game they were playing individuals more the sides. I could be wrong but It looked as though DRC was shadowing Torrey and his speed most of the game. Both times Jones went for TD including the PI Nnamdi was on the other side of the field. Let's be honest for a second. Not many players have ever shut down Fitz 1-1 and I doubt it happens this Sunday either unless their is safety help over the top. I honestly am fine with either CB shadowing Fitz where ever he fire just as long as in no circumstance does a LB or Safety.have him in coverage by themselves, PERIOD! I would expect numerous plays where Fitz is in the slot trying to get those match ups. That will be the Chess match up between Juan and Whiz in my opinion that will dictate the success or lack there of against Larry.

If following suit in this setup, I'd expect Nnamdi on Fitz (we played Oak a few years back and he did okay to limit Fitz but not completely shut down, I believe) and DRC on Andre Roberts (speed for speed).

How do your nickel and dime CB's look? We could be going 4-5 wide on a few downs and Housler is a big, speedy TE as well as Floyd/Doucet being physical WRs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 3 of 96

Jump to: