Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

Guess what.
I'll make a wordplay story for you guys.

The Bears play the troubled Rams Sunday, hard. Winning isn't the Rams' Forte, so the Bears can find themselves in a Webb of success Sunday. Hopefully Blue Jay will stop feeling so blue, so the Earl of Vanderbilt and Marshall don't have to arrest him. That just wouldn't be Wright. Hopefully the Briggade shows up and we don't have a Melton, which isn't likely when we have healthy Peppers in the mix. So stop thinking of Michael's Bush and think about Cariming our opponents. McClellin looks like Sloth from The Goonies. Sunday should be Goulden. Bear down.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post what I did in the Rams forum...

Quote:
This will be a sloppy game, and if I know our offence so far this year, we will be playcalled into a bunch of passes and leave our effective run game behind once again...

You have a chanced of wining this guys, you are strong in all the right places to beat us...
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cant play any worse than we did last Thursday night. Our D was solid, they did their job and will keep this one close. If our o-line holds up, we'll win. We have a good QB, and he has some weapons around him. If we play like we did vs Indy, we win. If we play like we did vs GB, we lose, unless we have another 06 AZ game up our sleeve.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

It was fine until....

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Briggade

you need a smack for that one. Too much of a stretch.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Keys to the Game…

1. Let’s get the Oline aggressive…90% of Olinemen will tell you they would rather run block than pass protect…let them attack the Dlinemen early to get their confidence going instead of asking them to defend against the pass rush…on the back of this lets get the protection right before we start looking downfield…if we need to keep in a TE or a Back then do it…we have playmakers on the outside who can get it done but we have to give them the time to work off coverage and Jay the time to get them the ball…

2. Pass rush remaining on track…the Bears are currently joint 2nd in the league in sacks with 8 in 2 games…only the Packers have more and well they had an easy time with it against us…Bradford has always seemed a little soft to me since his days at Oklahoma…let’s rattle him and force him into mistakes…we have the DBs to take advantage if he just throws one up…

3. Let’s get some positivity going…yeah we had a terrible game against GB but it only counts as one loss…we are 1-1 along with 20 other teams in the NFL…the season hasn’t begun let along being over like some would have you believe lol…let’s build off the positives we have seen from the D in the first two games and get back to what we saw against the Colts on offence…one good win against the Rams will turn momentum back in our favour.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
My Keys to the Game…

1. Let’s get the Oline aggressive…90% of Olinemen will tell you they would rather run block than pass protect…let them attack the Dlinemen early to get their confidence going instead of asking them to defend against the pass rush…on the back of this lets get the protection right before we start looking downfield…if we need to keep in a TE or a Back then do it…we have playmakers on the outside who can get it done but we have to give them the time to work off coverage and Jay the time to get them the ball…

2. Pass rush remaining on track…the Bears are currently joint 2nd in the league in sacks with 8 in 2 games…only the Packers have more and well they had an easy time with it against us…Bradford has always seemed a little soft to me since his days at Oklahoma…let’s rattle him and force him into mistakes…we have the DBs to take advantage if he just throws one up…

3. Let’s get some positivity going…yeah we had a terrible game against GB but it only counts as one loss…we are 1-1 along with 20 other teams in the NFL…the season hasn’t begun let along being over like some would have you believe lol…let’s build off the positives we have seen from the D in the first two games and get back to what we saw against the Colts on offence…one good win against the Rams will turn momentum back in our favour.

I got the same feeling when watching him in college... It also doesn't help that his LT Saffold is now out, and that Oline of his may be as bad as Chicago's. Pep and the rest of the Dlineman should have a field day

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really came down to earth after the Packers game, I was disappointed in the offense and I was upset with how Jay handled himself.

But there is a trend that exists: under Lovie Smith the Bears respond after a bad loss.

2011: The Bears are destroyed by the Saints with injuries all over the place in week 2 and they come back to go 6-2 until the Cutler injury.

2010: The worst game I have watched as a Bears fan against the Giants, again in week 2 I think, the Bears come back to go to the NFC Championship game.

I expect us to have a much better plan and to beat up on the Rams.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody wants to make a sig bet?
Btw, our greatest strength is Finnegan-Lairinaitis-Long and Quinn.
Along the defense.. Our Corners are quite good.

Our safety help is not quite Avg. They get beat a lot. Quinn had his day vs Trent Williams whose a talented LT. Long is killing it with QB pressures and hits..

Chris Long, Hurry Machine

On the field for 50 snaps, of which 29 were pass plays when he rushed the quarterback, Chris Long (+4.0) undressed Redskins right tackle Tyler Polumbus to notch eight hurries. Coming off the left edge and beating his man, Long was a menace and surely would have picked up a few sacks if not for the rest of the Redskins offensive line holding up well and not allowing the pocket to collapse once Long had penetrated. Two weeks into the season, Long is now tied with Elvis Dumervil for the league lead in quarterback hurries and looks poised for a huge year. He should be licking his lips especially for two games against the Cardinals porous front.

Jeff Fisher signed one his former players, Cortland Finnegan (+3.1) to shore up a secondary that had been picked apart in 2011. Against Griffin on Sunday, Finnegan was that player and more. Playing both in the slot and on the outside, RGIII only attempted three passes at Finnegan. Although he completed two of them, they only netted seven yards. Finnegan intercepted the third beautifully, as he undercut a route in the middle of the field, and set up the Rams for a field goal before the half, which cut into the Redskins lead. Known most for his on field fight with Andre Johnson and his physical nature, Finnegan made possibly the biggest play of the game, baiting Morgan into pegging the ball at him, resulting in a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty that put Washington out of field goal position with minutes to play.

Btw, Sam Bradford is not soft. Dude is tough as nails. He has been sacked a huge amount.. Dude is strong and a heck of a competitor. The word soft shouldn't be any were near Sam.

I pray that we get Brockers back.. Quinn and Long have to wreck havoc for us to rattle Jay into trowing picks. Your defense looks legit.. It's going to be a good game. Here's to no injuries.

Quote:
The Bears defense will be looking at its second No. 1-overall draft choice in the span of three weeks when they get together with St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.

The first was Andrew Luck. The Bears took care of him and his Indianapolis Colts in game one.

The Colts were a 2-14 team last season. The Rams also were 2-14 in 2011. This one is different, however.

Right now the Rams are simply better on offense than the Bears. And that’s without adding a couple marquee wide receivers in the offseason and with an offensive line that has two starters (center Scott Wells, left tackle Rodger Saffold) out with injuries.

The Rams (1-1) are a top-10 offense in overall yardage, sixth in rushing, 11th in passing. All three are higher than the rankings for the Bears (1-1).

Bradford has a passer rating of 112.4, third in the NFL. Jay Cutler (58.5) is ahead of only Cleveland rookie Brandon Weeden and Arizona’s John Skelton.

Bradford is the No. 2 fourth-quarter passer; Cutler is 17th. Bradford is No. 1 in the NFC in third-down passing (125.2); Cutler ranks 15th at a jaw-droppingly bad 44.7.

The Rams had the opportunity to stay at No. 2 in this year’s draft and select Robert Griffin III. They liked what they had in Bradford, traded the pick to the Redskins, and Bradford outplayed Griffin when the Rams defeated Washington.

Coach Lovie Smith made the obvious declaration over what he likes a quarterback:

“I like Jay Cutler and everything that he is,” Smith said in the course of defending Cutler after the latter’s meltdown in Green Bay. “I’m not trying to trade any of our players. The week before, we didn’t hear an awful lot of this stuff. We were talking about how good we were and how we were playing, so we’ll get back to that where the focus is on the play on the football

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Guess what.

The Bears play the troubled Rams Sunday, hard. Winning isn't the Rams' Forte, so the Bears can find themselves in a Webb of success Sunday. Hopefully Blue Jay will stop feeling so blue, so the Earl of Vanderbilt and Marshall don't have to arrest him. That just wouldn't be Wright. Hopefully the Briggade shows up and we don't have a Melton, which isn't likely when we have healthy Peppers in the mix. So stop thinking of Michael's Bush and think about Cariming our opponents. McClellin looks like Sloth from The Goonies. Sunday should be Goulden. Bear down.

A SONNET FOR TYTY

Now we have our own wise guy, tyty,
deciding to spice up this site
by walking his wit so we open our eye
to take in all before our sight.
Lord knows interest can sometimes wane
when faithful posters thoughts dry up
or everybody tries to play nice
and not say things which will cause pain
or just sit quiet, read, and sip from their cup.
Ole tyty knows how to make a quip in a trice
and produce a chuckle and a smile
and make us feel good like we ran a mile.
Some people are gloomy others are bright
Tyty's posts bring us all a little more light.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
We cant play any worse than we did last Thursday night. Our D was solid, they did their job and will keep this one close. If our o-line holds up, we'll win. We have a good QB, and he has some weapons around him. If we play like we did vs Indy, we win. If we play like we did vs GB, we lose, unless we have another 06 AZ game up our sleeve.
The offensive game plan for us does not matter as much in this game as it did against GB so I think we will win. But I am sure Fisher is going to make it close. They have to keep us off Bradford so I am sure we will see a lot of running plays, screens, and roll outs.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
It was fine until....

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Briggade

you need a smack for that one. Too much of a stretch.

How bout you smash a Paea in my face?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Anybody wants to make a sig bet?
Btw, our greatest strength is Finnegan-Lairinaitis-Long and Quinn.
Along the defense.. Our Corners are quite good.

Our safety help is not quite Avg. They get beat a lot. Quinn had his day vs Trent Williams whose a talented LT. Long is killing it with QB pressures and hits..

Chris Long, Hurry Machine

On the field for 50 snaps, of which 29 were pass plays when he rushed the quarterback, Chris Long (+4.0) undressed Redskins right tackle Tyler Polumbus to notch eight hurries. Coming off the left edge and beating his man, Long was a menace and surely would have picked up a few sacks if not for the rest of the Redskins offensive line holding up well and not allowing the pocket to collapse once Long had penetrated. Two weeks into the season, Long is now tied with Elvis Dumervil for the league lead in quarterback hurries and looks poised for a huge year. He should be licking his lips especially for two games against the Cardinals porous front.

Jeff Fisher signed one his former players, Cortland Finnegan (+3.1) to shore up a secondary that had been picked apart in 2011. Against Griffin on Sunday, Finnegan was that player and more. Playing both in the slot and on the outside, RGIII only attempted three passes at Finnegan. Although he completed two of them, they only netted seven yards. Finnegan intercepted the third beautifully, as he undercut a route in the middle of the field, and set up the Rams for a field goal before the half, which cut into the Redskins lead. Known most for his on field fight with Andre Johnson and his physical nature, Finnegan made possibly the biggest play of the game, baiting Morgan into pegging the ball at him, resulting in a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty that put Washington out of field goal position with minutes to play.

Btw, Sam Bradford is not soft. Dude is tough as nails. He has been sacked a huge amount.. Dude is strong and a heck of a competitor. The word soft shouldn't be any were near Sam.

I pray that we get Brockers back.. Quinn and Long have to wreck havoc for us to rattle Jay into trowing picks. Your defense looks legit.. It's going to be a good game. Here's to no injuries.

Quote:
The Bears defense will be looking at its second No. 1-overall draft choice in the span of three weeks when they get together with St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.

The first was Andrew Luck. The Bears took care of him and his Indianapolis Colts in game one.

The Colts were a 2-14 team last season. The Rams also were 2-14 in 2011. This one is different, however.

Right now the Rams are simply better on offense than the Bears. And that’s without adding a couple marquee wide receivers in the offseason and with an offensive line that has two starters (center Scott Wells, left tackle Rodger Saffold) out with injuries.

The Rams (1-1) are a top-10 offense in overall yardage, sixth in rushing, 11th in passing. All three are higher than the rankings for the Bears (1-1).

Bradford has a passer rating of 112.4, third in the NFL. Jay Cutler (58.5) is ahead of only Cleveland rookie Brandon Weeden and Arizona’s John Skelton.

Bradford is the No. 2 fourth-quarter passer; Cutler is 17th. Bradford is No. 1 in the NFC in third-down passing (125.2); Cutler ranks 15th at a jaw-droppingly bad 44.7.

The Rams had the opportunity to stay at No. 2 in this year’s draft and select Robert Griffin III. They liked what they had in Bradford, traded the pick to the Redskins, and Bradford outplayed Griffin when the Rams defeated Washington.

Coach Lovie Smith made the obvious declaration over what he likes a quarterback:

“I like Jay Cutler and everything that he is,” Smith said in the course of defending Cutler after the latter’s meltdown in Green Bay. “I’m not trying to trade any of our players. The week before, we didn’t hear an awful lot of this stuff. We were talking about how good we were and how we were playing, so we’ll get back to that where the focus is on the play on the football

I'll take your sig bet. I need a new one
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Guess what.

A SONNET FOR TYTY

Tyty's posts bring us all a little more light.

Fantastic! Would've been better if it ended with: beware my power, green lantern's light!" but i cant complain
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
My Keys to the Game…

1. Let’s get the Oline aggressive…90% of Olinemen will tell you they would rather run block than pass protect…let them attack the Dlinemen early to get their confidence going instead of asking them to defend against the pass rush…This is a coaching decision and exactly what I have been saying about the coaching mistakes in the GB game. on the back of this lets get the protection right before we start looking downfield…if we need to keep in a TE or a Back then do it…we have playmakers on the outside who can get it done but we have to give them the time to work off coverage and Jay the time to get them the ball…

2. Pass rush remaining on track…the Bears are currently joint 2nd in the league in sacks with 8 in 2 games…only the Packers have more and well they had an easy time with it against us…Bradford has always seemed a little soft to me since his days at Oklahoma…let’s rattle him and force him into mistakes…we have the DBs to take advantage if he just throws one up… Bradford is not "soft" in any way. He can be rattled like every qb or rushed but not because he is soft.

A loss against GB counts TWICE in the division standings since it is also a win for them. That is why these games are so critical in winning the division.

Our defense should handle the Rams without much of a problem and I think Cutler will play at least at his average level.

Our special teams can hardly be worse this week so that will help, too.

One can not be too confident for any Bears games for obvious reasons but I will be out there Sunday cheering like a lunatic for the Beloved.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Rams (12 pm CT, Fox) Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Guess what.

A SONNET FOR TYTY

the Dark must beware his power, Green Lantern's light.

Fantastic! Would've been better if it ended with: beware my power, green lantern's light!" but i cant complain
Your wish is my command.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: