Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam

#LIKEABOSS

Cool

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
J_Rowskee_DC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Unger and Barret Jones.

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Rowskee_DC wrote:

Why Unger?

^^^Deadpulse
cmd34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Rowskee_DC wrote:

Unger would have been number one on my wish list as well but he signed an extension with Seattle.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Chance Warmack
Position: Offensive Guard
College: Alabama
Class: Senior
Height: 6'3
Weight: 325

Position Skills

Footwork: Great

Like most Alabama linemen, Warmack is very well coached, and his technique in all departments is very advanced. Very coordinated, and moves well in space. Pulls well thanks to good footwork.

Initial Quickness: Above Average/Great

Warmack is very quick out of his sets. Explodes off the line and gets his hands up quickly. Again, very quick for a guy his size. Always seems to be one of the first players firing off the line.

Strength: Exceptional

Simply put, Chance Warmack is strong. Like really strong. For anyone who has seen "The Longest Yard", you would get this next one. He makes strong people look not strong. Able to drive defenders off the line with powerful upper and lower body. One of Warmack's biggest strengths.

Run Block/In-Line: Great

When you combine Warmack's technique and his strength, you are going to get one heck of a road grader. Doesn't just wall off defenders, but plows them back and finishes his blocks. Able to get to the second level and do some damage as well.

Run Block/Space: Above Average

Warmack moves very well in open space. He is efficient when pulling, and always looks to get to the second level. Not an incredible athlete, so he will sometimes get outrun by his own backs.

Pass Protection: Above Average/Great

Warmack is equally impressive in the passing game as he is in the running game. He is a natural knee bender, and always has his head on a swivel. Able to make pre-snap adjustments, and picks up stunts and blitzes well from the second level.

Punch/Hand Use: Above Average

Warmack has quick hands, and gets good initial hand placement most of the time. Has a pretty solid initial punch that is strong, quick, and effective.

Vs Power Rush: Above Average

For the most part, Warmack maintains a pretty strong, wide base, and is tough to drive back. However, he can get beat if his pad level rises. Generally, he is pretty quick to recover, but if you can get him too upright, he can get knocked back and off balance.

Vs Speed Rush: Average

It is pretty rare for interior linemen to deal with speed rush moves, but Warmack handles them well. You see it more on stunts, but Warmack is able to pick it up and mirror the defender, but requires some help from the center.

Toughness: Exceptional

This is where Warmack really shines. He plays with a mean streak, and makes sure that he finishes every block. The kind of guy that you really want on your team, and that you hate going up against. Truly special.

Errors: Great

Usually, Warmack is very consistent. When he does make an error, he is quick to recover.

Overview

Strength:

I would have to say that Warmack's biggest strength is his...well, strength. He really drives defenders off the ball, and makes it one long game for whoever is opposite him. I also think that his pass protection is a huge plus as well. Its very rare to see a lineman that is so well developed, talented, and cares so much about the game.

Weakness:

Warmack doesn't have many weaknesses, so I'll run through them quickly. Height is below average, and he is a little wider and thicker than the average guard. Occasionally will see the pad level rise in pass protection. He is only an average athlete for a guard. And finally, he has played next to some really talented linemen throughout his career, so he has had plenty of help.

Overall:

As much as I loved David DeCastro, Chance Warmack is far and away the better player. Just go over my analysis again, I really think that there is not a single aspect of his game that is not above average (aside from maybe speed rushing, which isn't that important for an interior lineman). Personally, Warmack is my favorite prospect in the draft. He is the next Carl Nicks/Jahri Evans.

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack...yes, please.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to let everyone know, I will be coming out with a scouting report every wednesday. If I get bored, it may be two, who knows. The scale I am using for the prospects goes as follows. Let me know if I should post this in one of my OPs on the first page.

Poor- Major weakness in this part of a players' game. Will struggle in the NFL in this part of his game (Example: Kellen Moore's arm strength/David Wilson's ball security).

Below Average- Step above poor, but I still wouldn't expect much out of a player in this department. May show flashes that he can improve, but is a step below the average for a prospect (Example: Russell Wilson's height/Phil Costa's ability to snap a football).

Average- Right on par with the middle of the pack. Should be able to find some success in the NFL. Not bad at all to get this grade (Example: Matt Barkley's arm strength/Demarco Murray's speed).

Above Average- Very good. Step above the average prospect. Will be an overall strength in this part of the prospect's game (Example: Tony Romo's arm strength/Brandon Carr's press coverage).

Great- NFL starter caliber, and a notch above "above average". I figured there should be a middle step before "exceptional". (Don't feel like doing another example, you get the point)

Exceptional- Elite for this player's position. Top of the line, surefire prospect (Example: Peyton Manning's awareness/Ray Lewis' leadership).

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Overall:

As much as I loved David DeCastro, Chance Warmack is far and away the better player. Just go over my analysis again, I really think that there is not a single aspect of his game that is not above average (aside from maybe speed rushing, which isn't that important for an interior lineman). Personally, Warmack is my favorite prospect in the draft. He is the next Carl Nicks/Jahri Evans.

Well. That's a problem then. Since the collective group-think of the forum would be furious if we spent a 4th or 5th round pick on an OL since only 1st round picks ever produce talent.

On a serious note - excellent write up. I really like several Alabama players.

In Redball I Trust!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Overall:

Well. That's a problem then. Since the collective group-think of the forum would be furious if we spent a 4th or 5th round pick on an OL since only 1st round picks ever produce talent.

Well, I meant in terms of what he would end up like in the NFL. I think he will be a first or second round pick, but he has that kind of upside that DeCastro never really had

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Overall:

Well, I meant in terms of what he would end up like in the NFL. I think he will be a first or second round pick, but he has that kind of upside that DeCastro never really had

My post was tongue-in-cheek since everyone is convinced for some warped reason that only talent comes out of a 1st round pick. It's a very narrow minded approach to the OL.

I see Warmack going in the 2nd or 3rd for what it's worth. Interior line generally free falls on draft day.

I also don't think Warmack is the type of guard we are looking for. I am a major fan of a ground and pound type of Oline. That is so physical it imposes it's will on you. I see us looking for more athletic lines that allow for traps and pulls. Although, I think a lot of people have forgotten how mobile Larry Allen was back in the day. But I will be very happy if we land Warmack.

In Redball I Trust!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we allowed to suggest players? If so, do we need to PM you guys or post it in here?

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Are we allowed to suggest players? If so, do we need to PM you guys or post it in here?

Either one works. I'm going to do Matt Elam next, but if you let me know in advance who you'd like to see, I could probably have both of them done by next week, especially if I have already done previous work on them

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Either one works. I'm going to do Matt Elam next, but if you let me know in advance who you'd like to see, I could probably have both of them done by next week, especially if I have already done previous work on them

Don't feed into TO7 propaganda.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Just shot you a PM. Just a couple of guys worth a legit look I think.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and changed my report slightly, as well as added one more thing to my grading. I added "great" between "above average" and "exceptional". I figured that there should be a middle ground there. Exceptional is for the elite of the elite. Great is for better than above average players. So that is in there now, and you will see much less of "exceptional"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: