Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2- No Soul Bowl- Gameday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
Looks like the skins will be without Kerrigan and Orakpo next week. Hopefully we get Dunlap back.

You meant Adam Carriker & Orakpo right........?

Time to start a Redskins Gameday thread anyone ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watched the first half of the game. And started what I would like to call the "Robert Geathers" tracker. Here is how he did on every defensive snap of the 1st half:

1st Drive

1 - Stoned at the line on a run. Non factor

2 - Held his ground well and slowed T-Rich down. Allowed LBs to stop him for a short gain.

3 - Matched up 1 on 1 against a TE. Bull rushed him and did decent. Weeden got it off before he could do anything

4 - Stoned by the browns rookie RT. MJ93 tripped Weeden for the sack on the play.

2nd Drive

1 - DNP

2 - DNP

3 - DNP

4 - DNP

5 - Bull rushed the RT. Got some push and then thrown to the ground. Big completion for the Browns on the play.

6 - DNP

7 - DNP

8 - Bull rushed again. Didn't get any penetration. Quick throw from Weeden on the play that was incomplete.

3rd Drive

1 - DNP

2 - DNP

3 - Stoned by the RT. Zero pressure. Weeden hits a short pass for a 1st down.

4 - Shoved around by the Browns O-Line. Run went away from him, non-factor in the play.

5 - Stoned by the RT. Didn't get within 5 yards of Weeden. Weeden tries to throw deep, but incomplete.

6 - Tried to bull rush, got stoned again by the RT. Weeden has all day and completes a pass. Ends up 1 yard shy of the 1st down.

4th drive

1 - DNP

2 - DNP

3 - Taken out by the RT. Screen pass to his side goes for the 1st down. Was unable to slow down or impact the play at all.

4 - Quick pass. Wasn't a factor in the play.

5 - Goes up field, T-Rich runs up the middle then bounces it out to his side, big TD run. Geathers can be seen trying to chase T-Rich but is so slow he doesn't come close. The two biggest culprits on the play though are Maualuga (Couldn't get off his block) and Miles. Miles took a horrible angle and lets T-Rich run by him.

5th drive

1 - Lined up at RDE. Was stone by Joe Thomas on a run that went to the other side. Non factor in play.

2 - RDE again. Dropped into coverage although really just stood around the LOS. Non-factor in play.

3 - Back to LDE. Stoned by the RT again. Completed pass but luckily the Browns player fumbled.

6th drive

1 - Thrown to the ground by the RT. T-Rich runs right by where he should have been for a 9 yard gain.

2 - Pushed back by the Browns O-Line. Peko and crew stop T-Rich anyway right at the LOS.

3 - Weeden rolls to his side, while he's completely stone-walled at the line. Browns complete the pass for a 1st down.

4 - Gets by the RT and then gets pushed by the RT past Weeden. Taken out of the play, but does force Weeden to step up which Vincent Rey takes advantage of to get the sack.

5 - Run up the middle by T-Rich, Geathers was a non-factor.

6 - Holding on the Browns. Geathers after getting stoned at the line, tackles T-Rich forward for a 1st down. Luckily there was holding on Joe Thomas.

7 - Stoned by the RT on a run by T-Rich. Short gain but no first down and end of the half...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically you learned Geathers isn't anything special Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
So basically you learned Geathers isn't anything special Wink

Pretty much.

I would actually blame Zimmer the most for the bad defense though after watching the first half. Browns went max protection a lot. We rush 4 guys and 3 of them are being double teamed. Even with good pass rushers you can't expect to be successful against that...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Re-watched the first half of the game. And started what I would like to call the "Robert Geathers" tracker. Here is how he did on every defensive snap of the 1st half:.

Here's another way of looking at this.....

Geathers is on $4.2M this year (without incentives !), assuming he plays all 16, thats $131k per half of football. That equates to $5700 per the plays V112 listed.

Were there any plays Sunday where Geathers gave five thousand bucks worth of effort or skill ????

When ru gonna re-watch the 2nd half V112 ?????
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villain, thanks for confirming my thoughts, Geathers is a straight beast

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

Gonna try to tonight. Pretty much done watching Geathers though. Anyone in particular you want me to focus on? Unfortunately the coaches film wasn't working for me last night, so I had to watch the regular broadcast. It's easier to watch multiple players with the coaches film version.

Other things I noticed from the first half:

- Zietler and Andre Smith are beasting in the run game.

- Maualuga can't get off blocks. I think the main problem is that he just stands there and waits for the linemen to engage him. He should be going downhill and attacking the O-Linemen instead of just standing flat footed. I think it's an instincts issue. Might be Burfict time soon.

- Miles was horrible at safety (Great pancake block on ST though on Pacman's TD return). Goal #1 for a safety is not to give up big plays. The T-Rich TD run was all him and IIRC the broken zone TD late in the game was on him as well, will have to confirm tonight.

- Gresham needs to get it together. Just completely off mentally. On a side note, Orson Charles looked really good when he came in to block.

- Roland on the other hand still sucks when he comes in to block.

ochocinco4pres wrote:

You are turning into my NBT... Laughing
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Gonna try to tonight. Pretty much done watching Geathers though. Anyone in particular you want me to focus on?

I'm kind of curious as to how Burfict and Rey did (vincent that is). I was having a tough time singling out players with the chaos in my house (2 year olds are destructive when you have no kids and the house isn't toddler proofed!).

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Gonna try to tonight. Pretty much done watching Geathers though. Anyone in particular you want me to focus on?

I'm kind of curious as to how Burfict and Rey did (vincent that is). I was having a tough time singling out players with the chaos in my house (2 year olds are destructive when you have no kids and the house isn't toddler proofed!).

Hopefully the coaches tape works tonight so I can focus in on them.

And I have the same problem. Wife's been on my case about putting the latches on all the cabinets. Doesn't she know I'm busy re-watching the epic Bengals-Brown game? Laughing
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Gonna try to tonight. Pretty much done watching Geathers though. Anyone in particular you want me to focus on? Unfortunately the coaches film wasn't working for me last night, so I had to watch the regular broadcast. It's easier to watch multiple players with the coaches film version.

Other things I noticed from the first half:

- Zietler and Andre Smith are beasting in the run game.

- Maualuga can't get off blocks. I think the main problem is that he just stands there and waits for the linemen to engage him. He should be going downhill and attacking the O-Linemen instead of just standing flat footed. I think it's an instincts issue. Might be Burfict time soon.

- Miles was horrible at safety (Great pancake block on ST though on Pacman's TD return). Goal #1 for a safety is not to give up big plays. The T-Rich TD run was all him and IIRC the broken zone TD late in the game was on him as well, will have to confirm tonight.

- Gresham needs to get it together. Just completely off mentally. On a side note, Orson Charles looked really good when he came in to block.

- Roland on the other hand still sucks when he comes in to block.

ochocinco4pres wrote:

You are turning into my NBT... :lol:

Only kiddin'; wouldn't ask anyone to watch any Geathers or Maualuga film right now. Watching Justin Smith play the Lions however was worth watching the other night. 100% go every play.

Regarding our O-line, I'm pleasantly surprised too so far; just hope they stay healthy,
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Watching Justin Smith play the Lions however was worth watching the other night. 100% go every play.

I'm annoyed that he decided to become all-pro after he left Cincy. Obviously i could never complain about his on-field effort in Cincy, but i always felt like he could have done better. Scheme no doubt plays a role, but if you're a 7-8 sack guy as a 3-4 DE, you should be able to be a 8-10 sack guy in a 4-3.

/rant

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Watching Justin Smith play the Lions however was worth watching the other night. 100% go every play.

I'm annoyed that he decided to become all-pro after he left Cincy. Obviously i could never complain about his on-field effort in Cincy, but i always felt like he could have done better. Scheme no doubt plays a role, but if you're a 7-8 sack guy as a 3-4 DE, you should be able to be a 8-10 sack guy in a 4-3.

/rant

Don't blame him at all. He was 100% effort when he was here as well. He was a tackling machine that never gave up on a play. Plus he was playing next to probably the worst DT rotation in the NFL, compounded by horrible corners (Ratliff, O'Neal) and horrible safeties...
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

/rant

Don't blame him at all. He was 100% effort when he was here as well. He was a tackling machine that never gave up on a play. Plus he was playing next to probably the worst DT rotation in the NFL, compounded by horrible corners (Ratliff, O'Neal) and horrible safeties...

There was a recent SI article on Justin Smith (several pages). One quote in there suggested that he never really studied very hard in Cincy. He just played in instincts and effort. He wasn't a film guy. He then went on to say that he does those things now and it's paying dividends.

Maybe that's why i'm a little frustrated, i dunno.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Pretty much done watching Geathers though.

Your prayers may have been answered Villian.

Geathers has a groin problem and was limited in practice today. Maybe he gets sat Sunday in DC ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
There was a recent SI article on Justin Smith (several pages). One quote in there suggested that he never really studied very hard in Cincy. He just played in instincts and effort. He wasn't a film guy. He then went on to say that he does those things now and it's paying dividends.

Maybe that's why i'm a little frustrated, i dunno.

Interesting, never heard that before. Makes sense though because like he who won't be named, Justin Smith basically just bull rushed every passing down. Never developed any other move which was his downfall. Still he didn't lack effort. Always thought he was better suited for Lebeau's 3-4 scheme. Just glad when he left that he went to the 9ers and not Steelers...

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Pretty much done watching Geathers though.

Your prayers may have been answered Villian.

Geathers has a groin problem and was limited in practice today. Maybe he gets sat Sunday in DC ?

Pretty sure he's immortal and indestructible. He'll play hurt (which is what it looks like now)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: