Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Player of the Week
Brandon Gibson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cortland Finnegan
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Janoris Jenkins
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Sam Bradford
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Anyone having that terrifying feeling about our pass rush vs the bears?

That somehow those guys are going to Hold Quinn and Long on check?

If Sam lights that D on fire then WOW. I'll have a heart attack on the spot.

This will be a sloppy game, and if I know our offence so far this year, we will be playcalled into a bunch of passes and leave our effective run game behind once again...

You have a chanced of wining this guys, you are strong in all the right places to beat us...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Anyone having that terrifying feeling about our pass rush vs the bears?
I would think it would be Bears fans who would be the ones with the bad feeling about our pass rush. With their OTs, the way teams have gotten into Gabe Carimi's head, and the turnstile that he has been. They gave up 7 sacks last week, heck they gave up 2 to the Colts when they were throttling them.

I dont think we will be racking up 7 like the Packers did in Lambeau, but there will be constant pressure from all directions. Especially if we start dialing up the blitz a bit more.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I don't really care if Fletcher drops picks if he keeps limiting WRs the way he has. Wink Laughing

I do. It cost three points against Detroit and it was a missed opportunity to close out the Redskins yesterday. That was a 6 point play if he catches it.

Like I said, he has been playing well but you have to make the splash plays when the opportunity presents itself.

And we have no idea of any other CB on our team would have even been in position to make that play. And he also hasn't cost us 6 points yet. Meaning he hasn't given up a TD.

Right, but he cost us 3 points with the first drop, and then 6 points with the second. I'm glad he is on our team, I wasn't saying he is bad, just that guys from the new regime have been making those plays.

He didn't cost us 6 points. The only reason we had a chance at 6 points was because he was doing such a good job and even then, it was a tough catch. He had to reach behind him on a ball that had a lot of heat on it.

That's like saying D-Rich cost us 6 points because he didn't make the safety miss at the end of that run...

And as much as I love Janoris, he got absolutely burnt by Hankerson on Sunday so I guess it depends on what you're wanting. I say, let Janoris and Cortland be aggressive ball-hawks while Bradley continues to consistently limit the guys he faces.

Except D-Rich had an opposing player to contend with, Fletcher's drops were his responsibility alone, so no, it isn't like saying that.

All I'am saying is that he has dropped 2 picks that could have been major positive plays for us, that's it.

I didn't compare him to Jenkins or D-Rich, those were your arguments, not mine.

We are talking about a veteran corner, his solid coverage on other plays does not negate his issues with making those plays as I am not arguing net impact.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaining about a Defensive Back not hanging onto a possible Interception is just ridiculous. Thats like being mad at a Halfback for not completing a pass, or a Lineman not making a first down on a Fumble-ruski. He is playing Corner BECAUSE he doesnt have good Hands, if he did they would have had him at WR.

Its already a positive play, a pass defended/knocked down, that just doesnt result in the possible even better play.

If Fletch doesnt knock the one down against Detroit its 6 points in the back of the end-zone, he saved a TD.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears defense will be looking at its second No. 1-overall draft choice in the span of three weeks when they get together with St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.

The first was Andrew Luck. The Bears took care of him and his Indianapolis Colts in game one.

The Colts were a 2-14 team last season. The Rams also were 2-14 in 2011. This one is different, however.

Right now the Rams are simply better on offense than the Bears. And that’s without adding a couple marquee wide receivers in the offseason and with an offensive line that has two starters (center Scott Wells, left tackle Rodger Saffold) out with injuries.

The Rams (1-1) are a top-10 offense in overall yardage, sixth in rushing, 11th in passing. All three are higher than the rankings for the Bears (1-1).

Bradford has a passer rating of 112.4, third in the NFL. Jay Cutler (58.5) is ahead of only Cleveland rookie Brandon Weeden and Arizona’s John Skelton.

Bradford is the No. 2 fourth-quarter passer; Cutler is 17th. Bradford is No. 1 in the NFC in third-down passing (125.2); Cutler ranks 15th at a jaw-droppingly bad 44.7.

The Rams had the opportunity to stay at No. 2 in this year’s draft and select Robert Griffin III. They liked what they had in Bradford, traded the pick to the Redskins, and Bradford outplayed Griffin when the Rams defeated Washington.

Coach Lovie Smith made the obvious declaration over what he likes a quarterback:

“I like Jay Cutler and everything that he is,” Smith said in the course of defending Cutler after the latter’s meltdown in Green Bay. “I’m not trying to trade any of our players. The week before, we didn’t hear an awful lot of this stuff. We were talking about how good we were and how we were playing, so we’ll get back to that where the focus is on the play on the football

Holly crap.. When was the last time we were that high of a octane offense lol? Sam Bradford is a GOT DAM machine right now.

BBL
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently Finnigan likes the replacement refs. Laughing
asgardian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
So apparently Finnigan likes the replacement refs. Laughing

I wouldn't blame him. These refs are allowing for a lot more contact to be had with the wide receivers and Finnegan is certainly not the type of guy to shy away from contact, he rather embraces it. It also allows him to get into their heads, ala Josh Morgan.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree with the Fletcher negativity. He's been shutting down everyone he's covered, there's no doubt about that. But if he wants to hit the next level, he needs to start taking advantage of his opportunities. He has dropped two INT's so far this year. If he can turn those bad throws into turnovers, he can turn into a GREAT corner.

This is a game of turnovers. If your team wins the turnover battle, most likely you win the game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Complaining about a Defensive Back not hanging onto a possible Interception is just ridiculous. Thats like being mad at a Halfback for not completing a pass, or a Lineman not making a first down on a Fumble-ruski. He is playing Corner BECAUSE he doesnt have good Hands, if he did they would have had him at WR.

Its already a positive play, a pass defended/knocked down, that just doesnt result in the possible even better play.

If Fletch doesnt knock the one down against Detroit its 6 points in the back of the end-zone, he saved a TD.

Complaining? Read the OP.

There is however, a large difference between Fletcher's drops(it wasn't just one) and the examples you gave. The difference is that there is a term "splash plays." Some people refer to this as being clutch, or perhaps the player in question as being a "difference maker." In the examples you gave, players were required or asked to do something not traditionally done in their role with the team. Catching a pass is certainly in a defensive back's job description. Especially considering he's a damn professional.

The lineman who scooped up the fumble had already made the important part of the play. The half back throwing an errant pass does not change the larger dynamic of the game.

That is unless it is intercepted, in which case you would be upset. (Because they are generally told not to throw unless there is a guy wide open)

Those were terrible examples to try and relate if you paid any attention at all to what I said my observation was in the first place.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Goaline stand I can feel it

i hope you feel that youre gonna win this game too

Where did you go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: