Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cut Morgan, bring back Cooley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 6258
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Slateman wrote:
I'll be honest, I didn't think about the cap ramifications. Still think he should be cut though. We've already got a huge cap issue. What's a couple million more.


The inability to sign any free agents in the event we have (more) injuries?


Put them on the IR. Problem solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19627
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Woz wrote:
Slateman wrote:
I'll be honest, I didn't think about the cap ramifications. Still think he should be cut though. We've already got a huge cap issue. What's a couple million more.


The inability to sign any free agents in the event we have (more) injuries?


Put them on the IR. Problem solved.


You cannot put players on IR unless they are injured.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I mean, while were at it, why don't we cut Aldrick Robinson for dropping a perfect pass?


Yeah, let's do that and also bench RG3 cause he didn't see Robinson WIDE OPEN on the last drive .. deep down the field .. Rolling Eyes


Gotta cut Orakpo for getting injured, he shouldn't have done that. Wilson too for getting concussed, damn moron. And you know what, screw Cundiff, I could kick 62-yard field goals in my sleep, cut him as well. Cut em' all damn you, cut em' all!!!!!!
Lmfao!! Laughing funny stuff guys, funny stuff. I'm rolling around on the floor over here.


I guess we all have to try and laugh-- to keep from crying .. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
As Brandon said, it week 2. No need to get all worked up. We are 1 and 1. No need to cry, we are a young and developing team that even if we were totally 100%, I don't think we go to the playoffs this year. Next year though, I think for sure we will be knocking on the playoffs door and I'm going to be predicting we get in.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14240
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3812
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6740
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being disciplined just means nothing publicly done. He could easily be taken care of behind closed doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14240
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


Well, then as long as he feels bad about being caught being selfish, then ok. Gee, why didn't you say so? /sarcasm

Look, you either control the players or they control you. You don't discipline Morgan for this then what stops the next player from doing something incredibly selfish like this?

Seriously, tell me.

Because right now, if I'm a player that is more of a "me" guy, I will look at that and realize that all I have to do is seem remorseful and nothing will be done to me.

So please, tell me how a disciplined team on the field arises from the players not being disciplined when they are stupid and selfish and cost our team a shot at winning a game because of it.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Not being disciplined just means nothing publicly done. He could easily be taken care of behind closed doors.
True, they might make it so he doesn't start. Maybe they have Hankerson start in his place, but Shanahan isn't going to release that information
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14240
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.


Not excusing his selfish act, but don't think he should be punished. So then you're ok with it happening again then? Because that's what will happen.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4293
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
This makes me sick. I just took my nap come online so pissed off its not even funny.


Slate is right man Josh Morgan is a roster spot that is a waste . I dont agree on the Paul or Banks thing I think he is being sarcastic about them but the fact is Josh Morgan was never that good with the 49ers his career best was less than 500 yards and is just a slot or 4th string kind of guy.

He wont be released and sadly as angry as I am at him he is not the reason we lost he just got the team and fans to point fingers on him when our D was the reason we lost this game. You can have T.O all you want but if your defense allows a scoring drive in every possession you will lose . And the Only way you can win is if you have those 3 T.O like we did and score on them every time. We didnt we had one FF TD but fact is our D is not good.

Mike Shanahan is very overrated why hasn't any one brought this up? he got fired in Denver because of the fact he couldn't find the right man to become DC and doesnt let the GM make decisions that are right. He is the Vince Russo of wrestling he doesn't have a Vince Mcmahon to tell him if this idea is good or not.

Why would you hire a DC that shown he is very bad at defenses and transfer our D to the 3-4. These past 3 years been the worst defense ive seen in my life as a skins fan . And Shanny will never motivate your team to win why do you think the Rams won ? Because Jeff Fisher has given them hope to win games ...people say Jeff is overrated but the FO in Tenn didnt allow him to do anything ..just like he didnt want VY and etc but Jeff will motivate your team to death. We are losing because we lack heart and still cant be consistent on defense or offense. Our D was not that good last year either.


I like RG3 tho and its fine that we have him but Mikes gotta go. You guys wont agree with me but its true why do we need 5 years to rebuild when you have teams like the Rams-Saints-Jets-Lions-49ers-and even Arizona become much better teams in less than 2 years? our team has the talent to be like them but we dont have the "RIGHT" coach. Look at Bmore they brought in Harbough or whatever his names spelled and in a year boom playoff with Flacco in his rookie year.

We dont need 5 years we need a real coach. Mikes been shadowed by Elway and Davis in 99,2000 and since than hes done nothing but play in a lowely AFC division and now that hes in the NFCE he is confused. He will be fired by the end of this season if we go 6-10 or 5-11 and not show anything. Danny is friends with him but if I was the owner I would fire Shanny and get a coach that I believe will motivate your team in new ways and get a GM to pick the right players for you . Disgrace we will struggle like we have including the Zorn era in beating teams we should beat because we lack that coach.


Notice with Gibbs we beat the teams we should beat BARLEY and sometimes blow outs and maybe an upset but not like how it is now. EVen Martys team we looked motivated with a team that went 8-8 that year with big upsides. Shannys not the coach I was excited we got him because of his resume and two superbowls but I now see why he got fired and its because of what it is today. We have the talent to be 10-6 every year but we dont have the right man of this job our team and players still have that" LETS DRINK AND PARTY" BS and till we find out who trully wants to be here and is sick of losing we will always lose.

You need 3 things to be a SB contender . Winning spirit. A good FO. And a Franchise QB.

Morgan wasnt good with the Niners? He was injured Laughing Vince Russo? The wrestling guy?
_________________

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62652
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.


Not excusing his selfish act, but don't think he should be punished. So then you're ok with it happening again then? Because that's what will happen.
Doubt it.morgan has never done anything like that before. We won't play Finnegan again, I seriously doubt it happens again. IMO this is over, time to move on to the bengals game!! Very Happy Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Final Cuts 2; @ Texans 9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3812
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause


Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.


I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.


Not excusing his selfish act, but don't think he should be punished. So then you're ok with it happening again then? Because that's what will happen.


I wasn't excusing his act either, sorry to jump but when you were talking about somebody losing control I just immediately thought of the refs losing complete control of multiple games over the weekend

Nobody was gonna get hurt from Morgan throwing a football but I wsn't blowing that off. I still totally agree he should be punished. I also think Goodell should make a reasonable compromise with the Refs because these others are gonna get someone seriously hurt, and whoever hit Davis should be fined for hitting a defenseless receiver in the head.

But suspending Morgan for a game would send a message that would remain in the players' minds for a while. And if Goodell cares about his "product" he'll get a deal done this week and stop the chaos that erupted across the league last week
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group