Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

lions cut Kevin barnes sign jerome murphy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmudd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: lions cut Kevin barnes sign jerome murphy Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20120918/SPORTS01/120918072/Lions-release-CB-Kevin-Barnes-pick-up-Jerome-Murphy

hmmmm
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe some wanted us to draft Murphy when he came out. Some reports made it sound like he's a player who probably would be best suited at S.

This signing IMO says that the front office and coaches feel Murphy offers more upside than Barnes did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we trade a conditional pick for Barnes? If so I am assuming never playing for us would mean they don't get anything.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked him coming out because he was physical, and was a decent specail teams option on both sides of the ball(coverage/returning). Not sure what has happen to make him to get him waived but... He might be a solid option here. He's a tough physical corner from what I remember. Like someone mentioned, maybe they're looking at him for a safety position. IDK. Maybe they'll cut Logan, let this guy return and sign a decent WR option across from Calvin Johnson... Cough Cough Plexico Burress, COUGH!

* Not saying Burlesson/Young/Broyles/Pettigrew/Schefler isn't good enough... Just saying a guy like Burress with this size and hands can really cause havoc across from someone like Calvin Johnson and on the same field as Pettigrew. The size we can have on the outside is amazing, even more amazing if we go into a two TE set with Burress/Calvin on the outside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: