Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

Seahawk fans Pete Carrol knows talent. The onlt thing I disagreed on on him assembling his team was why didn't he draft a top teir Quarterback.

He got Jackson in what was just a desperate ploy for help. Signed Matt Flynn, but demonstrated his genious again in drafting a sleeper pick in Russel Wilson as a backup plan.

Don't you know, Wilson is the ultimate game manager that makes great decisions, takes chances deep. and is a very accurate thrower who scrambles for the first down in a very selective but genious way. You can't game plan for that.

Now you guys have the best secondary in the league. Starting off with Sherman who I thought was the second best corner after Peterson after seeing him in the Senior bowl last year he clearly was raw and just needed some coaching. This guy can match up with anybody. Browner who I liked in college came to the combine overweight but has grown into his body while playing in Canada is a freak of nature. Agile, fast, SOmething you rarely see. The small but rangy safety in Thomas and the enforcer in Chancelor its a defensive cordinators dream.

Jason Jones who is a mad man in the middle constantly wreaking havoc. Your rush ends in Clemons and Wagner.

Finally your O-line is one of the best in the league with Cable. You guys can enforce your will on anybody. I would like to see you guys use the fresh hard bodied Turbin a bit more.

Gotta like what Pete Carrol has assembled. I like innovative coaches that take risks. I mean I thought that J.R Sweazy was a sleeper pick at defensive tackle. Pete put him at offensive guard. Who would have thought. He is alreay aggressive, and freakishly quick. You guys have done it.

You guys will win a Super Bowl with Russel Wilson in the next 2 years. I like what you guys have done.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The praise is appreciated.

Though I have to strongly, strongly disagree with you about our offensive line. It is putrid. Marshawn Lynch was 2nd in the league last year among running backs that were hit at the line of scrimmage and that doesn't look much better this season. The pass pro is inconsistent, though they did look good this week.

This team has a lot of young, upcoming talent, but we're not there yet.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Though I have to strongly, strongly disagree with you about our offensive line. It is putrid. Marshawn Lynch was 2nd in the league last year among running backs that were hit at the line of scrimmage and that doesn't look much better this season. The pass pro is inconsistent, though they did look good this week.

Agree with SOS the O-line needs alot of work. They did look better against the cowgirls but id like to see that on a consistant basis

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC goes out of the box for the deeper rounds and gets good production for their roles. But his 1st rounders have been sub-par with little impact right out of the box you expect. Okung is awsome but injured most of the time. Carp hurt and little play so far and Irvin has drive but needs more 1st round production.

I wish we could have another good player that can catch the ball. Rice is awsome but can't last a season just leaving Baldwin and Tate. Tate is becoming better and Baldwin has not seen much. Starting to wish we kept Butler over Obo IMO.

As far as a SB win, the Hawks need better O play calling. Wilson is better that I expected but not RG3 or Luck. Wilson has history of his team losing big games last year which makes me think to much.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line didn't look that great in the first half but it sure took over in the 2nd half letting us have 2 long drives to 2 TD's i think Dallas only got 6 plays in the 4th Quarter Laughing
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genius is when you an take young talent and mold them into a winning team. You can't call a consistently under .500 coach a genius, not until he wins.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I love Pete, and I love what he has done here. If we don't have a winning record this year or the next he might be gone, because even though we have a very young and talented team, at the end of every year the only thing that matters is 'Wins'... I just hope we can get over the hump this year and win those close games we lost last year., Like the Cards game this year, we should have won that game!

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
PC goes out of the box for the deeper rounds and gets good production for their roles. But his 1st rounders have been sub-par with little impact right out of the box you expect. Okung is awsome but injured most of the time. Carp hurt and little play so far and Irvin has drive but needs more 1st round production.

I wish we could have another good player that can catch the ball. Rice is awsome but can't last a season just leaving Baldwin and Tate. Tate is becoming better and Baldwin has not seen much. Starting to wish we kept Butler over Obo IMO.

As far as a SB win, the Hawks need better O play calling. Wilson is better that I expected but not RG3 or Luck. Wilson has history of his team losing big games last year which makes me think to much.

Did you see Bruce Irvin in preseason? He was getting pushed around like a stuffed animal. Now he's getting more pressure, just gaining confidence. Watch him grow.

Look at Richard Sherman how he developed.

Wilson, is gonna be one of the best game managers in the game in 3 years. He's like Big Ben, he's a sandlot fotobal player. Those are the best guys you want. Not as wreckless as Steve Young, but sort of the same style.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys held your ace card for this game against the packers. You guys pulled out the exotic bliztes. COnstantly harrassed Rodgers. Great inside rush, cClemons is a terror on the outside. And guess what, Irvin is improving every week.

Your oline is built to run on anybody. Your a physical team. You know you guys have the best secondary. NExt year you guys need to invest in a big time reciever. Thats your weak spot.

Russel Wilson is magic, you guys have a big window, I'd say 3-4 years of winning a superbowl.

Don't rush it man. I love the way your team plays, how its built. Everybodys gonna start jumping o n the bandwagon. I already saw the greatness. Pete's a good coach.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Seahawks. I love your style of play, and the genious of coach Pete Carrol. I was already on the bandwagon last year. So this is me feeling good about what you guys have for the next year.

You guys are a player or two away. You guys shouls get a big fast reciever next year, a defensive end to be the eventual replacement for the injured Clemons, a athletic corner to play nickel to pair up with the Future Hall of Famer Richard Sherman, and Brandon Browner. This will enable you guys to stop playing cover 3 when you guys need to be playing man. And a younger more athletic linebacker to replace hill.

We have the best secondary in the game, a young but athletic linebacking crew, a real good pass rush, a top 3 oline in the game, and a Quarterback thats magic .

Now you guys were the best road team this year.

The only way I would have handled the playcalling at the end was play man. We played cover 3 and let 2 passes get completed on the sideline and over the middle which is a vunerable spot in cover 3.

I love you guys
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

i think Carroll and Schneider haven't necessarily been great at evaluating OL talent. But I do think they've placed the needed priority on it in their time here.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Finally your O-line is one of the best in the league with Cable. You guys can enforce your will on anybody. I would like to see you guys use the fresh hard bodied Turbin a bit more.

Outside of Russell Okung and Max Unger the offensive line is pretty much a mess. James Carpenter and John Moffitt were high picks but have been hurt and haven't really flashed too much although Carpenter has more upside. Breno Gaicomini is a stiff/filler tackle who i'm very familiar with having watched him in camp quite a bit in Green Bay. The offensive line can only get better, I think they add a couple of bodies for competition. I think Marshawn Lynch makes the offensive line look better than it is because he's a top five pure rusher, a real old-school HB. You run a HB like Ryan Grant behind that offensive line and he averages 2.5-3.0 YPC in my opinion.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Outside of Russell Okung and Max Unger the offensive line is pretty much a mess. James Carpenter and John Moffitt were high picks but have been hurt and haven't really flashed too much although Carpenter has more upside. Breno Gaicomini is a stiff/filler tackle who i'm very familiar with having watched him in camp quite a bit in Green Bay. The offensive line can only get better, I think they add a couple of bodies for competition. I think Marshawn Lynch makes the offensive line look better than it is because he's a top five pure rusher, a real old-school HB. You run a HB like Ryan Grant behind that offensive line and he averages 2.5-3.0 YPC in my opinion.

DId you see all the time Russel Wilson had today. He had 5-7 seconds to throw on some downs.

J.R Sweazy, and excellent strong side guard with a defensive minded mentallity. Carpenter at Weak side guard is really an mismatch. You guys sould be able to shore up the right tackle spot this off season in the draft. You can easily find a starting caliber tackle late in the draft 4-5 round. One example is baltimore with Jah Ried.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweezy sucks 90% of the time. The play where Russell got sacked to end the half? Sweezy didn't even touch the man he was supposed to be blocking. He should not be starting for another year or two if he ever does.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Agree with SOS the O-line needs alot of work. They did look better against the cowgirls but id like to see that on a consistant basis

Creative. So much for me supporting you guys. And yeah you did. Our starting DE and NT was out.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: