Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Long's biggest issue is injury now. Hes not playing well because hes playing hurt....well hes been playing hurt for the better part of the last 2-3 years now. Give him till the end of the season to make a decision.

And what, pray tell, makes you think anything is going to change while he's playing LT in the NFL? Unless someone's got a voodoo doll of him somewhere that they've mistaken for a pin cushion, Jake is going to be hurt all year. And then he'll go into the pre-season next year saying 'I'm healthier than I've been in 4 years!". Just like he did THIS preseason.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not going to say one way or the other yet after 2 games. Although he is off to a slow start I also have seen some other top tackles in this league have rough games! Tackles give up sacks at times.. I'm not trying to defend him just saying.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although he doesn't miss games him playing injured a lot is also not a good thing especially being he is only gonna get older
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Jake Long is the unquestioned leader of this team. That's the problem with releasing him or trading him is that it sends a TERRIBLE message to the team.

I'd put fair argument that Reggie Bush can give him a run for his money leadership wise. Reggie is the last guy off the practice field, knows how to win from his days in NO and does it all while still being a very high profile player at a high profile position.

You would think, but per Omar Kelly players don't really follow Reggie
Bush's lead (exceptions were Martin after his horrendous pre season game, and a few other players only after bad performances). Long speaks for the team, and with a young quarterback that is huge. Long pointing out the defense that led to the Bush touchdown is enough to resign him. He always struggles early in the year, but dominates 13/16 weeks. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we let him go, but he is a top 3 OT in the game for a reason.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Jake Long is the unquestioned leader of this team. That's the problem with releasing him or trading him is that it sends a TERRIBLE message to the team.

I'd put fair argument that Reggie Bush can give him a run for his money leadership wise. Reggie is the last guy off the practice field, knows how to win from his days in NO and does it all while still being a very high profile player at a high profile position.

Bush's lead (exceptions were Martin after his horrendous pre season game, and a few other players only after bad performances). Long speaks for the team, and with a young quarterback that is huge. Long pointing out the defense that led to the Bush touchdown is enough to resign him. He always struggles early in the year, but dominates 13/16 weeks. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we let him go, but he is a top 3 OT in the game for a reason.

Straight up? You're talking nonsense right now. Jake isn't a top three tackle and hasn't been since 2010. Jake does NOT dominate period. He was the 13th rated LT last year according to PFF. And he was supposed to be healthy this year...how'd that work out? And I'll pretend you didn't suggest a single play recognition is worth the 15 million dollars a year he's going to command.

Warpticon wrote:
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Deets wrote:
Long's biggest issue is injury now. Hes not playing well because hes playing hurt....well hes been playing hurt for the better part of the last 2-3 years now. Give him till the end of the season to make a decision.

And what, pray tell, makes you think anything is going to change while he's playing LT in the NFL? Unless someone's got a voodoo doll of him somewhere that they've mistaken for a pin cushion, Jake is going to be hurt all year. And then he'll go into the pre-season next year saying 'I'm healthier than I've been in 4 years!". Just like he did THIS preseason.

What I mean is if he keeps looking like what we saw the first two games and keeps having nagging injuries then he should be allowed to walk. If hes actually healthy and performing at an elite level down the stretch, then I'm going to want to try hard to retain him.

FF Member #67
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Straight up? You're talking nonsense right now. Jake isn't a top three tackle and hasn't been since 2010. Jake does NOT dominate period. He was the 13th rated LT last year according to PFF. And he was supposed to be healthy this year...how'd that work out? And I'll pretend you didn't suggest a single play recognition is worth the 15 million dollars a year he's going to command.

That one play isn't, but it is a great example of what he brings to the huddle, something that Ryan Tannehill doesn't (not yet at least). That touchdown doesn't happen without Long making that check. The only OT that is definitely better than Long is Joe Thomas. Whitworth, Brown and Long are all arguably the next 3 best.

By your reasoning of the last 2 games deciding that Long is no good, than Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers, Michael Vick, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Deets wrote:

What I mean is if he keeps looking like what we saw the first two games and keeps having nagging injuries then he should be allowed to walk. If hes actually healthy and performing at an elite level down the stretch, then I'm going to want to try hard to retain him.

I agree with the sentiments here. That said, I'd probably franchise and try to trade him. He's good enough to warrant that.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:

By your reasoning of the last 2 games deciding that Long is no good, than Alex Smith is better than Aaron Rodgers, Michael Vick, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc.

It's based on the last 19 regular season games I watched him play. Not 2.

Warpticon wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: