Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears make a change on the O line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Have to say I haven't ever seen Rachal play (apart from this pre-season) but I do remember a 49ers fan coming on here when we signed him and saying how bad his pass protection is... Will have to reserve judgement on the decision until I watch him play Sunday.

Rachal is a physical run blocker so I hope it is an improvement over Spencer who was pushed around.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Have to say I haven't ever seen Rachal play (apart from this pre-season) but I do remember a 49ers fan coming on here when we signed him and saying how bad his pass protection is... Will have to reserve judgement on the decision until I watch him play Sunday.

He isn't the best in pass pro, but if I remember correctly, wasn't he not to bad in the run game (maybe MM90 has something on this)?

Even if he sucks in pass pro, he's listed at nearly 20 pounds heavier than Spencer, and we know Tice likes bulk on the line.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

He isn't the best in pass pro, but if I remember correctly, wasn't he not to bad in the run game (maybe MM90 has something on this)?

Even if he sucks in pass pro, he's listed at nearly 20 pounds heavier than Spencer, and we know Tice likes bulk on the line.

This is what I saw in the game against the Giants in preseason…

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=496818&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330

Quote:
Chilo Rachal…5th series…very solid start to the series…showing good power in both pass pro & as a run blocker…nice job getting to the 2nd level as well…on the 1st down after Jeffery’s catch he shows a lack of athleticism when asked to pull around the corner…ends up not really blocking anyone…again solid power on the next passing play…6th series…2nd & 10 gives up a bad pressure…gets a decent initial punch on the DT but his feet stop and the DT slips off the block…Rachal bends at the waist trying to recover but doesn’t get close…the DT forces the early throw for an incompletion and hits Jay in the process…7th series…horrible play on 1st down…Rachal should have been picking up the blitzing MLB but sees a safety blitzing from deep…he gets caught in two minds and ends up blocking neither…Forte is hit in the backfield and we almost give up a safety…3rd down he does a really good job run blocking by taking a DT backwards with a really good leg drive but still the play goes nowhere…

Rachal showed mental errors as well as physical ones in this game…he is a powerful guy and if the game was played in a phone booth he would be starting…but his lack of mobility and inconsistent technique as well as the afore mentioned mental errors is a worry…I doubt he competes for a starting role.

RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That analysis doesn't exactly fill me with confidence Laughing
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, above anything else, we have to hope these guys gel as a unit and start executing with confidence. There's no magic solution, no exchanging of personnel that will magically fix things. They're not going to be world-beaters, but the offense will at least have a chance if they can all get on the same page.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that they made a move but to me it feels like replacing a C+ student with another C+ student in the Math Olympics. The larger scale changes we need to make a real difference can't be made at this point - for the most part we have what we have and have to try to make the best of it.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I like that they made a move but to me it feels like replacing a C+ student with another C+ student in the Math Olympics. The larger scale changes we need to make a real difference can't be made at this point - for the most part we have what we have and have to try to make the best of it.

I agree somewhat. a big part of successful olines is continuity...having the same guys playing together for awhile makes for one good unit. I would have left spencer in for at least one more game just to see how it pans out...

if anything webb should be on the hot seat

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

We are replacing an F student with a C+ student.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Careful. It's always easy to underestimate a player who has had the opportunity to fail, and to overestimate a player who has not yet had that chance. Chicagoans did that with their QB for decades.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Careful. It's always easy to underestimate a player who has had the opportunity to fail, and to overestimate a player who has not yet had that chance. Chicagoans did that with their QB for decades.

100% true.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Maybe this means we will run the ball against teams we should be running the ball against. Or I can at least hope so.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or we could use Chris Williams who did an adequate job at LG last year. He was great pulling to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: