Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OUT COACHED AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
We gave Rodgers the ball at the start of the game…then took it straight back off him after 3 plays…Lovie didn’t get outcoached giving him the ball…

Lovie isn’t an offensive coach…he left Tice to run the scheme…which is exactly what he should do…

And how badly Cutler, the receivers and the Oline played again has nothing to do with Lovie’s coaching.
It is clear that the Bears paid no attention to the 49ers game. Once this crap starts it is hard to stop it. Forte's blown block started the slide BUT he should have been running with the ball and not blocking at that point. A play action when not one run has been called? Who is going to bite on that? Almost everyone here said that we could win IF we ran the ball. Smith could not see this?

This is a very bad time for this team to fall apart since I am selling my PSLs after this season so it is going to cost me money. But Smith will be gone after this year so that is something to look forward to.

Giving Rodgers the ball is a horrible mistake. It did us NO good even though we stopped them. We would have gotten the ball on the twenty anyway.

Smith is not the OC...you might not like Smith but you are trying to pin something on him that he had no direct involvement in.
Game plans are worked out by the Coordinators subject to the approval of the Head coach and at the directions of the head coach.

Approval?…yes…direction?…no…it would make zero sense for Lovie Smith to decide which direction an offensive game plan should go in as he has no expertise or experience on that side of the ball…Lovie has to trust that Tice knows what he is doing and if he has that trust of course he is going to sign off on it…it’s the same for any HC around the league…I seriously doubt Mike McCarthy has ever tried to tell Dom Capers what the defensive game plan should be.
When a head coach sees a game plan which is heavy on the pass and anyone with half a brain knows it should be heavy on the run he has to change it. OCs do not operate in a vacuum and get to do anything they want. How many times was Smith credited with making Martz run the ball more last year?

This comes down to the head coach, otherwise why is he there? This loss is on Smith's head.

Ditka would never allow such a game plan to be implemented.

You know, you're absolutely right. Ditka would never have implemented that plan. Ditka would have traded all our draft picks so we could get Andrew Luck last draft. When you decide to make sense let me know.

This is all so very stupid. The Bears had one game and all of sudden the world is collapsing. Exactly like it did last season and the season before that. Oh I remember the "no way will we win more than 5 this year! We're the worse [sic] team in football!" threads. And the "We're so crap, Lovie's so terrible, Martz is a dummy and JAY SUCKS!" threads. Then we went to the NFC championship game and went 7-3 before half our offense was injured. Yeah, it sucked to watch the Packers slap us around last Thursday but oh my god, it only counted for one loss. I have said none of those things and completed Lovie on the defense's play. This game counts for TWO games in the division since GB gets a win and we get a loss. I have always said this is a .500 team. I don't go nuts when the Bears lose but get extremely annoyed when we lose a game we did not have to lose. BTW out getting to the Championship game was incredible luck but we threw it away by letting Rodgers have the ball first and then shove it down our throat.

Why was no one AT ALL talking about how bad a coach Lovie and Tice were after we housed Indy to open the season? Oh yeah, because WE WON. But after we lose, all of sudden it's back to the same old "Lovie is crap" talk we seem to get after every rough patch every year. Every time he pulls something stupid I will bring it up. As I have said he seems to be a fine coach when everything works as he planned but cannot adjust in a game. This can, and has, negated all the positive qualities.

It's way, WAY too early in the year for us to be getting so down in the dumps. Yeah, we have some problems to fix. But what, over the past few seasons, has Lovie done, other than win consistently? And win, may I add, with what almost everyone would agree was a grossly un-talented offense, outside of Jay and Forte.
Lovie has had three good years and as many crappy ones. He is hardly a model of a consistent winner. Good coaches develop and improve players. This is something that rarely happens particularly on offense.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CadeMcGrossman wrote:
Fault lies with Tice. If Tice was operating as a free agent then "yes" but he was not so "not really".

1. Wasn't able to outscheme the Packer D with any kind of protection schemes to give Cutler more time to throw. They got out-witted/out-hustled the whole game. Smith is routinely out-witted by GB.

2. Did NOT seem to come in with the right game plan. Not enough running to set up the pass. Packers had a clear weakness in the running game and the Bears (At the time) had two good, healthy backs. Should have run it a majority of the time and then give them the pass when they were sleeping.

3. He put together this offensive line. Webb is his pet project. Webb is clearly not ready for prime time. His ceiling is 'average' his floor is 'deplorable'.
Webb just joins the rest of the NFL tackles in not being able to handle Matthews. The problem was we did not start running the ball at Matthews which would have prevented the defense from getting in a frenzy. It all goes back to not running the ball or calling plays designed to slow a rush. Coaching.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
We gave Rodgers the ball at the start of the game…then took it straight back off him after 3 plays…Lovie didn’t get outcoached giving him the ball…

Lovie isn’t an offensive coach…he left Tice to run the scheme…which is exactly what he should do…

And how badly Cutler, the receivers and the Oline played again has nothing to do with Lovie’s coaching.
It is clear that the Bears paid no attention to the 49ers game. Once this crap starts it is hard to stop it. Forte's blown block started the slide BUT he should have been running with the ball and not blocking at that point. A play action when not one run has been called? Who is going to bite on that? Almost everyone here said that we could win IF we ran the ball. Smith could not see this?

This is a very bad time for this team to fall apart since I am selling my PSLs after this season so it is going to cost me money. But Smith will be gone after this year so that is something to look forward to.

Giving Rodgers the ball is a horrible mistake. It did us NO good even though we stopped them. We would have gotten the ball on the twenty anyway.

Smith is not the OC...you might not like Smith but you are trying to pin something on him that he had no direct involvement in.
Game plans are worked out by the Coordinators subject to the approval of the Head coach and at the directions of the head coach.

Approval?…yes…direction?…no…it would make zero sense for Lovie Smith to decide which direction an offensive game plan should go in as he has no expertise or experience on that side of the ball…Lovie has to trust that Tice knows what he is doing and if he has that trust of course he is going to sign off on it…it’s the same for any HC around the league…I seriously doubt Mike McCarthy has ever tried to tell Dom Capers what the defensive game plan should be.
When a head coach sees a game plan which is heavy on the pass and anyone with half a brain knows it should be heavy on the run he has to change it. OCs do not operate in a vacuum and get to do anything they want. How many times was Smith credited with making Martz run the ball more last year?

This comes down to the head coach, otherwise why is he there? This loss is on Smith's head.

Jay dropped back to pass 28 times…we ran the ball 22 times…that is balance in todays NFL.
We needed to start out running the ball. Twenty two times is not enough to beat GB. That is not going to keep Rodgers off the field or allow us to have time of possession. We never set up the pass by running the ball so play actions didn't work. Lovie knows what has to be done and has stated that we would "get off the bus running". This puts it even more firmly on his head.

So first it was we were too pass heavy then when I point out we weren’t pass heavy you say we should have been run heavy?...no team in the NFL wants to be heavy on either side…you have to play your offence and a balanced offence is the best way forward regardless of who we play…like I said at the very start of this you are looking to pin something on Lovie that isn’t his fault.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Jay dropped back to pass 28 times…we ran the ball 22 times…that is balance in todays NFL.
We needed to start out running the ball. Twenty two times is not enough to beat GB. That is not going to keep Rodgers off the field or allow us to have time of possession. We never set up the pass by running the ball so play actions didn't work. Lovie knows what has to be done and has stated that we would "get off the bus running". This puts it even more firmly on his head.

So first it was we were too pass heavy then when I point out we weren’t pass heavy you say we should have been run heavy?...no team in the NFL wants to be heavy on either side…you have to play your offence and a balanced offence is the best way forward regardless of who we play…like I said at the very start of this you are looking to pin something on Lovie that isn’t his fault.
Of course we should have been run heavy. It was clear there was one way to beat the Pack. We had been SHOWN the way. Lovie ignored it and lost. Outcoached yet again. Nothing new unfortunately.

The timing of the runs has far more to do with success than the absolute number although it was still too few. We should have forced them to shut down the run before starting the throwing.

You know all this and I don't see why you continue to defend this horrible coaching job. I desperately try NOT to blame Smith since I do not want our coach to be bad. He did a good job with the defense, as I have said. I wish he was another Ditka not a Neil Armstrong.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Of course we should have been run heavy. It was clear there was one way to beat the Pack. We had been SHOWN the way. Lovie ignored it and lost. Outcoached yet again. Nothing new unfortunately.

The timing of the runs has far more to do with success than the absolute number although it was still too few. We should have forced them to shut down the run before starting the throwing.

You know all this and I don't see why you continue to defend this horrible coaching job. I desperately try NOT to blame Smith since I do not want our coach to be bad. He did a good job with the defense, as I have said. I wish he was another Ditka not a Neil Armstrong.

No it shouldn't...no offence should.
Timothy67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:
Fault lies with Tice. If Tice was operating as a free agent then "yes" but he was not so "not really".

1. Wasn't able to outscheme the Packer D with any kind of protection schemes to give Cutler more time to throw. They got out-witted/out-hustled the whole game. Smith is routinely out-witted by GB.

2. Did NOT seem to come in with the right game plan. Not enough running to set up the pass. Packers had a clear weakness in the running game and the Bears (At the time) had two good, healthy backs. Should have run it a majority of the time and then give them the pass when they were sleeping.

3. He put together this offensive line. Webb is his pet project. Webb is clearly not ready for prime time. His ceiling is 'average' his floor is 'deplorable'.
Webb just joins the rest of the NFL tackles in not being able to handle Matthews. The problem was we did not start running the ball at Matthews which would have prevented the defense from getting in a frenzy. It all goes back to not running the ball or calling plays designed to slow a rush. Coaching.

How often did the Packers beat Peppers with just one guy blocking?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

The appropriate run/pass ratio depends upon the opponent one is playing. If their qb is one of the greatest in the game you have to keep him off the field so you have to be run heavy IF you have a good running game. If their defense depends on sacks and turnovers you limit the chances of either occurring by being run heavy. If you can't pass you should be run heavy. If the defense has not been able to stop the run you should be run heavy, if it can't stop the pass you should be pass heavy.

50/50 is not a Golden Mean to be sought under all circumstances. Each opponent has to be planned for specifically and that will mean run heavy in some cases, pass heavy others and others it might not matter.

Just as important as deciding the proper ratio is the ability to adjust in mid-game. When Jay starts sucking like a vacuum you need to be run heavy. If a RB starts fumbling you need to be pass heavy.
raq11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is really embarrassing
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:

Very good question, I did not see too much of that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
This thread is really embarrassing
Most are.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

The appropriate run/pass ratio depends upon the opponent one is playing. If their qb is one of the greatest in the game you have to keep him off the field so you have to be run heavy IF you have a good running game. If their defense depends on sacks and turnovers you limit the chances of either occurring by being run heavy. If you can't pass you should be run heavy. If the defense has not been able to stop the run you should be run heavy, if it can't stop the pass you should be pass heavy.

50/50 is not a Golden Mean to be sought under all circumstances. Each opponent has to be planned for specifically and that will mean run heavy in some cases, pass heavy others and others it might not matter.

Just as important as deciding the proper ratio is the ability to adjust in mid-game. When Jay starts sucking like a vacuum you need to be run heavy. If a RB starts fumbling you need to be pass heavy.

Yeah I disagree...balance is always the best way for an offence to game plan.
ak06max

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:

Webb is just bad. The coaching was horrid. Cutler was Bad. Forte got injured . Receivers couldn't get open..All around bad football. St Louis is not going to be easy either with this exposed. We are going to have a tough run unless tice can gameplan something similar to what brought us 7-3 last year. Run the ball to set up the pass. If its a 3 or 60yd bomb its a completion. Hope tice makes some changes for mass protection and a quick escape plan. Let Cutler use his athletic abilities and move outside the pocket. Webb is our LT for now sucks but it is what it is Cutler will bounce back a win fixes everything . I agree with AL Lovie needs to go we need a more balanced coach that shows interest in the offense as well as the defense. Its been a lopsided battle ever since he took the reigns. Defense does not win superbowls that is a idea of the past its who puts up the most TDs wins. Cutler cant do this task when he is on his back or moving backwards due to another boneheaded fale start from good old Webb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Yeah I disagree...balance is always the best way for an offence to game plan.
Not in all cases.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:

Webb is just bad. The coaching was horrid. Cutler was Bad. Forte got injured . Receivers couldn't get open..All around bad football. St Louis is not going to be easy either with this exposed. We are going to have a tough run unless tice can gameplan something similar to what brought us 7-3 last year. Run the ball to set up the pass. If its a 3 or 60yd bomb its a completion. Hope tice makes some changes for mass protection and a quick escape plan. Let Cutler use his athletic abilities and move outside the pocket. Webb is our LT for now sucks but it is what it is Cutler will bounce back a win fixes everything . I agree with AL Lovie needs to go we need a more balanced coach that shows interest in the offense as well as the defense. Its been a lopsided battle ever since he took the reigns. Defense does not win superbowls that is a idea of the past its who puts up the most TDs wins. Cutler cant do this task when he is on his back or moving backwards due to another boneheaded fale start from good old Webb
Since we are seeing the same mistakes that we are familiar with and the reputed cause of those mistakes, the OC, has been changed it appears that the problem lies elsewhere, i.e., the head coach.

But we will have to suffer through this year so no point in belaboring the issue. It made no sense to can him this year so one more chance was appropriate even if distasteful.

Defense still is important in winning Super Bowls but a team has to have a competent offense.

These games are generally so close it takes only a mistake to turn a game from a victory to a loss. We cannot have the coach make avoidable mistakes.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You know, you're absolutely right. Ditka would never have implemented that plan. Ditka would have traded all our draft picks so we could get Andrew Luck last draft. When you decide to make sense let me know.

This is all so very stupid. The Bears had one game and all of sudden the world is collapsing. Exactly like it did last season and the season before that. Oh I remember the "no way will we win more than 5 this year! We're the worse [sic] team in football!" threads. And the "We're so crap, Lovie's so terrible, Martz is a dummy and JAY SUCKS!" threads. Then we went to the NFC championship game and went 7-3 before half our offense was injured. Yeah, it sucked to watch the Packers slap us around last Thursday but oh my god, it only counted for one loss. I have said none of those things and completed Lovie on the defense's play. This game counts for TWO games in the division since GB gets a win and we get a loss. I have always said this is a .500 team. I don't go nuts when the Bears lose but get extremely annoyed when we lose a game we did not have to lose. BTW out getting to the Championship game was incredible luck but we threw it away by letting Rodgers have the ball first and then shove it down our throat.

Why was no one AT ALL talking about how bad a coach Lovie and Tice were after we housed Indy to open the season? Oh yeah, because WE WON. But after we lose, all of sudden it's back to the same old "Lovie is crap" talk we seem to get after every rough patch every year. Every time he pulls something stupid I will bring it up. As I have said he seems to be a fine coach when everything works as he planned but cannot adjust in a game. This can, and has, negated all the positive qualities.

It's way, WAY too early in the year for us to be getting so down in the dumps. Yeah, we have some problems to fix. But what, over the past few seasons, has Lovie done, other than win consistently? And win, may I add, with what almost everyone would agree was a grossly un-talented offense, outside of Jay and Forte.
Lovie has had three good years and as many crappy ones. He is hardly a model of a consistent winner. Good coaches develop and improve players. This is something that rarely happens particularly on offense.

You want a coach who doesn't make stupid decisions and yet the wonderous paragon you hold up is a coach who made one of the stupidest decisions in all of football history. Great call, brah.

You know, just for the sake of the Lovie bashers I really hope that he gets fired this year and we get some mope like Jauron or Wanny who can fumble and bumble and lead us to 4-12 seasons over and over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: