Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahtzee wrote:
not sure why Moss isn't play a few more downs... he still commands a double team. Are we really just saving him? Is his contract 10 plays a game on average? LOL

Kyle Williams and Crabtree see a lot of snaps because they run block. Moss doesn't even get tackled, he's not going to run block as hard as the other guys. I haven't really observed Manningham yet in that regard.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
mrscottso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:
not sure why Moss isn't play a few more downs... he still commands a double team. Are we really just saving him? Is his contract 10 plays a game on average? LOL

Kyle Williams and Crabtree see a lot of snaps because they run block. Moss doesn't even get tackled, he's not going to run block as hard as the other guys. I haven't really observed Manningham yet in that regard.

If that's the case, it's a dead give away when Moss is in that we are passing.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:

If that's the case, it's a dead give away when Moss is in that we are passing.

Not necessarily. We have to run with him on the field, if only to set up passing plays. And when we pass, he's mostly used to open up someone else. Teams will start double-teaming VD if he keeps playing like he is, and when Moss is singled, he'll get his plays.

Anyways, I predicted our leading receiver (and first 1000 yards receiver in a while) would be VD. Crabtree should be around 900 yards again, and Moss around 500-600. So far, his production hasn't surprised or disappointed me. He's doing his job well.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss is still making his presence felt and helped us in the red zone getting that PI. Still, the reports of him only seeing 15-20 snaps a game is looking accurate. Oh well, I just want to throw one fade to The Freak.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:

This is just wrong. Moss is in 1 WR sets and most of those were rushing plays.

Lil Uno with the sig.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I would guess 60% of Moss's plays have been on running plays.

His use is annoying, I guess they are just saving him? IDK. It doesnt seem like Smith is even looking at him on down the field throws. Moss threw the hand up, calling for the bomb, and took off on the play Smith ran to the right and get the busted nose.

The current usage is OK as long as they dont develop some bad habits. I.E. in 2009, Brady got in the habit of zeroing in on the underneath routes to a fault; Moss got open deep on several occasions, but Brady wouldnt even look. Then we punt two plays later, it is like " Mad ".

Moss will often get a cushion from the CB and have the Safety shading to his side. If the 9ers dont want to force a pass into double, fine. But they need to be ready to attack when Moss gets that single up close. See here: watch the whole thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d80acd836/WK-2-Matt-Cassel-highlights
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing NBT bounce around to whatever team has Randy.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:

This is just wrong. Moss is in 1 WR sets and most of those were rushing plays.

On inside runs, mostly. He doesn't have to block. We've had a lot of success running outside, so far, and it was never to Moss' side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: