Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Moore criticizes Cutler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
What Cutler did was in the heat of the moment so I have no real issue with it. We've all been mad while playing sports before and said/done things we later regret. It happens.

I don't really care for Moore's remarks though. No need to go to the media for this type of stuff.

You still do not push another man, especially a team mate that is a lack of maturity.

Would we be upset if Tim Jennings had pushed and yelled at Cutler for the brutal picks?

Sorry but this is wrong, if this was the case then the fights that happen in training camp shows a lack of maturity also. It was in the heat of the moment in a full contact sport.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore is right but this should not be handled in the media, and that he brought his comments to the media (probably through a leading question) aren't going to help things. If anything it does the opposite.

I don't have a problem with Jay doing what he did - he came off and said very clearly to Webb "Get the [expletive] in the game." He's 100% right. This was a big time game against a team that was 15-1 last year and needed a win. This was a playoff atmosphere game in week 2 and Webb was playing like it was the first preseason game. GB was bringing it's A game and Webb was wilting in response. That can't happen, yet it continues to happen against big time pass rushers. Great pass rushers are going to get to the QB but they shouldn't get to the QB 4 times in a game, and that's happened 2 times in the past 3 regular season games against Webb.

BUT, if Jay is going to be the guy pointing the finger at Webb (or whoever else) he also needs to take accountability for his mistakes. Before we assume that he hasn't done that because we haven't heard we should remember that we don't know that he hasn't done that privately. We have no idea what goes on inside the locker room. And FWIW neither does the media.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Before we assume that he hasn't done that because we haven't heard we should remember that we don't know that he hasn't done that privately. We have no idea what goes on inside the locker room. And FWIW neither does the media.

This is part of the problem. Coverage of the NFL has gotten so extreme between outlets like NFL Network, Twitter, blogs, etc., that people can follow their teams closer than they've ever been able to, and have taken on the attitude that if we don't hear about it, it never happened. As a result, they make a lot of assumptions that are baseless.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J. Moore needs to know his role and shut his mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sick and tired of the endless media hounding of Jay Cutler for his attitude and demeanor.

Mike Martz AND Lovie Smith have used Jay as a punching bag since the moment he arrived (yes I know Martz was not here his first year with the Bears).

No real competent effort has been made to improve the offensive line and I can just imagine the line of BS that was fed to Jay by Tice and Lovie to make him feel comfortable behind a basically unchanged line that was the worst in the NFL last year.

Heck with a situation like that we all should be glad that Jay Cutler was not a postal employee or there would have been a shooting at Halas Hall by now.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
Mike Martz AND Lovie Smith have used Jay as a punching bag since the moment he arrived (yes I know Martz was not here his first year with the Bears).

No real competent effort has been made to improve the offensive line and I can just imagine the line of BS that was fed to Jay by Tice and Lovie to make him feel comfortable behind a basically unchanged line that was the worst in the NFL last year.

And yet he was (and still is) excepted to be the savior of the franchise.

There is a very good possibility that Jay Cutler will be looked back upon as a disappointment, when in fact he came as advertised and the organization squandered the opportunity to build a good offense around the most talented quarterback to ever wear a Bears uniform. Time will tell.
Timothy67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:

And yet he was (and still is) excepted to be the savior of the franchise.

There is a very good possibility that Jay Cutler will be looked back upon as a disappointment, when in fact he came as advertised and the organization squandered the opportunity to build a good offense around the most talented quarterback to ever wear a Bears uniform. Time will tell.

Watching Thursday night I felt like Tice had grabbed a Martz playbook and was eating it up.

As a result I could feel Jay get happy feet and nervous like he was sensing a repeat of a particularly brutal game against the Giants.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
Watching Thursday night I felt like Tice had grabbed a Martz playbook and was eating it up.

They didn't adjust particularly well. You can look back to another game, Week 2 of 2010 at Dallas, where Chris Williams went down with an injury early and the offensive line was getting manhandled for two or three possessions after that. Then they started getting the ball out earlier and earlier, completed some really quick passes and forced Dallas to commit harder to pass coverage. In the end, the line settled down and the Bears finished that game with four or five really explosive pass plays and came away with a huge upset. And that game early on had a similar vibe to last week's Green Bay game.

The offensive adjustments they made in that game were better than anything I've seen since. We haven't seen offensive adjustments in the same universe as that Dallas game, even through some real "facepalm games" (2010 @GB, 2011 @DET, 2012 @GB).
Timothy67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:

They didn't adjust particularly well. You can look back to another game, Week 2 of 2010 at Dallas, where Chris Williams went down with an injury early and the offensive line was getting manhandled for two or three possessions after that. Then they started getting the ball out earlier and earlier, completed some really quick passes and forced Dallas to commit harder to pass coverage. In the end, the line settled down and the Bears finished that game with four or five really explosive pass plays and came away with a huge upset. And that game early on had a similar vibe to last week's Green Bay game.

The offensive adjustments they made in that game were better than anything I've seen since. We haven't seen offensive adjustments in the same universe as that Dallas game, even through some real "facepalm games" (2010 @GB, 2011 @DET, 2012 @GB).

Didnt adjust very well?

Did I miss the point where they tried to adjust at all? The closest to an adjustment I saw was letting Michael Bush do some hard running and that was forced by Forte going out, not any intelligent choice.

Our LT sucked and we never saw a real effort to help out. On the other hand as was mentioned multiple times on the radio today the Packers were double and triple blocking Peppers at times.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
What Cutler did was in the heat of the moment so I have no real issue with it. We've all been mad while playing sports before and said/done things we later regret. It happens.

I don't really care for Moore's remarks though. No need to go to the media for this type of stuff.

You still do not push another man, especially a team mate that is a lack of maturity.

Would we be upset if Tim Jennings had pushed and yelled at Cutler for the brutal picks?

Sorry but this is wrong, if this was the case then the fights that happen in training camp shows a lack of maturity also. It was in the heat of the moment in a full contact sport.

A practice where you are competing with each other is different than a game on national TV where you are suppose to be working together.

That is why every former NFL player has come out and said it was in appropriate and immature.

In that moment he can be firing up a team mate, calling them out, but he should not be shoving and disrespecting them.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.J is a great nickel back but when it comes to talking to the press you have to wonder how he stayed eligible at Vandy…

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063455/article/jay-cutler-critisized-by-bears-teammates-for-yelling?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
"I don't talk to (Cutler). But if I was J'Marcus, shoot ... it wouldn't have went down like that. You just can't ... then when (Cutler) shoved him stuff, man. I don't know.

"I don't feel for Cut. He knows what he was doing. I don't think you do that. I think if you have a problem with (Webb), maybe do that in the locker room or something. It's like bad-mouthing someone in the media. It's just weird."

And what exactly are you doing D.J? Dumb-[inappropriate/removed] Laughing
ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
I am sick and tired of the endless media hounding of Jay Cutler for his attitude and demeanor.

Heck with a situation like that we all should be glad that Jay Cutler was not a postal employee or there would have been a shooting at Halas Hall by now.

Exactly. I dont blame Jay at all. If the coaching staff isnt hounding Webb to do his job someone has to. Why did they move Spencer to LG when he played well at RG. C Williams played well at LG from what I remember. This musical O line is just a disaster minus Garza and Carimi but wait they stayed at the assigned roles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is being blown way out of proportion. Its funny how no one made a huge deal when Peyton Manning got in Jeff Saturdays face when they were on the Colts. And you know for a fact Manning wasnt being pummeled as much as Cutler has been. Yet, people dismissed it as Peyton just being a good leader. And then we have Cutler, who is out there getting killed game in and game out because Webb cant hold a block. Granted it is Clay Mathews but even then, he was getting clear lane easy shots at Cutler. Like someone mentioned previously, Webb needs to atleast hold him to prevent the big hit to Cutler. Worst comes to worst, its a loss of 10 yards, repeat the down, but Cutler isnt getting his back crushed by Mathews versus loss of 10 yards, no repeat of the down, and Cutler getting crushed. I would be fuming if I was getting crushed every play, especially when if it was coming from my blindside almost every time. The only thing I would disagree with Cutler's actions is the shove but it was honestly barely a shove. When I first saw it, I had to rewind it a few times to even find this so called "shove" the media was talking about. The way it is portrayed though, you would think Cutler fully extended his arms to shove him.

As far as DJ Moore goes, he needs to keep his mouth shut. He is a nobody for one, and two, hes calling Cutler out through the media.....the very same thing he says he doesnt feel is appropriate to do. Talk about contradicting yourself about something you dont feel is right by doing it yourself at the same time.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064229/article/lovie-smith-wants-dj-moore-to-keep-it-inhouse

Quote:
But the final word -- at least so far -- goes to Bears head coach Lovie Smith.

"He wasn't happy at all," Moore told the Chicago Sun-Times on Wednesday. "He said, 'Don't say it in this setting' or 'don't say it here' or 'don't say it there.' He was just telling me the right way to do stuff.

"I was just being myself, really, but I probably shouldn't have because it's really been blown out of proportion ... I've got to realize that if I say something, (the media are) going to make it seem like everybody feels that way and they're going to make it seem like the locker room's split. That's not the truth."

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064229/article/lovie-smith-wants-dj-moore-to-keep-it-inhouse

Quote:
But the final word -- at least so far -- goes to Bears head coach Lovie Smith.

"He wasn't happy at all," Moore told the Chicago Sun-Times on Wednesday. "He said, 'Don't say it in this setting' or 'don't say it here' or 'don't say it there.' He was just telling me the right way to do stuff.

"I was just being myself, really, but I probably shouldn't have because it's really been blown out of proportion ... I've got to realize that if I say something, (the media are) going to make it seem like everybody feels that way and they're going to make it seem like the locker room's split. That's not the truth."

Okay now D.J Moore needs to shut up.

Don't ever voice a public conversation between yourself and a head coach in the media.

I bet Phil Emery is putting Moore's contract talks on hold for a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: