Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Lamar Miller unseat Daniel Thomas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets have a big hole at RT.
The Jets want to run the ball.
Tony Sparano is with the Jets.

If Jake Long walks, the Jets will be a major contender in that sweepstakes.

Just be aware.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Could Lamar Miller unseat Daniel Thomas? Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Word is that Thomas may miss this weeks game with some concussion symptoms. As a result Lamar Miller may be promoted to the active roster. I suspect he would see some game time, taking the reps normally given the Thomas. My question is, do you think it unlikely or likely that Miller will unseat Thomas as the second guy in Miami. Word on the street was that Miller's pass blocking is all that stands in the way of him taking the job. Or at least, that's what I have heard.

Thoughts?

I think Thomas is going to be on a short leash, and would not doubt if he isnt moved back on the depth chart, Bush and Miller looked good, we will see next week.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they offer Bush 2 years and 6 mil, they will get laughed at and Bush will be on another team. Might as well not even make the offer. He is playing for cheap right now for 2 years and 11 mil. This will be most likely his last big contract. So don't expect him to take a crappy contract to stay with Miami.

Deangelo Williams is similar in age and history. His contract was 5 years and 43 mil. I was thinking we could possibly get a discount.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's find out by the Bye Week.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing @ 2 years 6 million. Yeah, lets bring him back! at half the money he makes now, which is like 1/5 market value, after having his 2 career best seasons the last 2 years, for your team. I'm sure he'll be very receptive to that offer. Why would you even bother even saying that?
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this point in time, I want to see all 3 backs get work. Thomas has proven when healthy that he is a solid back. Miller showed spark today. Reggie needs the majority of the work, but they can move him around to get the other two backs on the field. We need playmakers and Miller has the ability to be one.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing @ 2 years 6 million. Yeah, lets bring him back! at half the money he makes now, which is like 1/5 market value, after having his 2 career best seasons the last 2 years, for your team. I'm sure he'll be very receptive to that offer. Why would you even bother even saying that?
I meant 6 million a season dumbarse.

Look, if he can get someone to sign him for 5 more years then good for him. Bottom line is that he's an older RB who is only going to slow down, and soon. Let someone else overpay for his services. Lamar Miller looked very good and his best days are ahead of him.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

Look, if he can get someone to sign him for 5 more years then good for him. Bottom line is that he's an older RB who is only going to slow down, and soon. Let someone else overpay for his services. Lamar Miller looked very good and his best days are ahead of him.

Yep, I'm a dumbarse because you don't know how to say what you mean. Good one.

As for whether or not he's going to slow down soon, I think he's considerably less likely than most backs of his age. Being limited by injuries over the years actually works to his advantage in that regard, as he has more of the metaphorical tread on his tires now. In any case, I thought it was fairly obvious Miller was drafted both as an extra option for now and as a hedge against the possibility of not resigning Reggie in the future.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

As for whether or not he's going to slow down soon, I think he's considerably less likely than most backs of his age. Being limited by injuries over the years actually works to his advantage in that regard, as he has more of the metaphorical tread on his tires now. In any case, I thought it was fairly obvious Miller was drafted both as an extra option for now and as a hedge against the possibility of not resigning Reggie in the future.

Read the thread, it was stated what he meant.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

I did, though I apparently read the wrong post. I apologize for misattributing the statement, though I still think "dumbarse" was uncalled for, not to mention in violation of the rules of this forum, but whatever. It doesn't even majorly change the status of the situation. Bush is not signing for 12 million total, and it's pretty ridiculous to even suggest. He signed for almost that exactly that coming off an 8-game, 36-carry season. It would be lunacy to expect to resign him at close to that coming off back-to-back career years, as he appears poised to post.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Bush is not signing for 12 million total, and it's pretty ridiculous to even suggest. He signed for almost that exactly that coming off an 8-game, 36-carry season. It would be lunacy to expect to resign him at close to that coming off back-to-back career years, as he appears poised to post.

If Bush has a season similar to last year's (1086 rush yds 6 TD, 295 Rec yds 1 TD) 6 mil per year seems appropiate. If he wants more than that he better finish off with Ray Rice numbers. If he did, I would have zero issues with the Phins paying him 8 mil per year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
phinmun wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

I did, though I apparently read the wrong post. I apologize for misattributing the statement, though I still think "dumbarse" was uncalled for, not to mention in violation of the rules of this forum, but whatever. It doesn't even majorly change the status of the situation. Bush is not signing for 12 million total, and it's pretty ridiculous to even suggest. He signed for almost that exactly that coming off an 8-game, 36-carry season. It would be lunacy to expect to resign him at close to that coming off back-to-back career years, as he appears poised to post.

Wheres mommy when you need her.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
150 Rush - 729 Yards - 54.9 Avg - 9 TD [] 27 Rec - 171 Yards - 1 TD
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough bickering and back to football. No need to question each other's intelligence...thank you.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I se both sides of the argument. I think Bush is in better physical conditioning shape than most running backs his age. But the simple truth of the matter is Bush will lose some speed over the years of a five year contract, and he already tries to outrun people to the sideline too much, so it may affect him a lot if he doesn't learn to change the way he runs.

In the end I wouldn't mind a 5 year contract if it was really more like a 3 year contract with two meaningless seasons at the end unless he somehow overcomes the general rules of aging for a few extra years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
The Jets have a big hole at RT.
The Jets want to run the ball.
Tony Sparano is with the Jets.

If Jake Long walks, the Jets will be a major contender in that sweepstakes.

Just be aware.

If Austin Howard keeps up how he has been playing for the Jets, they could/should turn their attention to OLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: