Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL - Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
Vick is channelling his inner Eli, and you aren't proud of him?

Vick won two Super Bowl MVPs????

YOU PLAY MADDEN 2001, SIM TEN SEASONS AND HE GETS 11 OF THEM

Unfortunately if it's 2001 he does that for the Falcons and the Eagles still have no titles.

I used editor.......

To make yourself a fan of the Falcons? Laughing

You can't edit perfection.......I am perfect......Feeder League Champion right Here

Im gunning for you this year brah Wink

You may have the Millennium Falcon but I have:

Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Copying Klitman, I expected nothing more.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: I Reply with quote

Something to think about, due to the 2006 draft Mario Williams and Reggie Bush have been linked in a weird way.

Expectations are pretty low in Houston the year of the pick.
Expectations are pretty high in NO the year of the pick. After a wild 2006 Bush could be the final piece of the puzzle for the Saints.

Williams quickly becomes a pro-bowl level DE, as his team his struggles with dwelling in the league basement to at best mediocrity. At times Mario seems to be the only bright spot for the franchise. Finally, Houston becomes a playoff team, but due to injury pretty much with out superstar Mario Williams.

Bush becomes an after thought at RB, as his team wins a Super Bowl, and becomes one of the NFL elites. At times Bush(and his contract)seems to be one of the only sore spots for the thriving franchise. The teams success comes, due to injury and underperforming, pretty much with out dissapontment Reggie Bush.

Both players move on from the teams that drafted them.

Bush has become a pro-bowl caliber RB on team with very little to no expectations.

Williams has disappeared on a team in which he was viewed at the final piece to the puzzle.

Yea I know its only 2 weeks, but I thought this was cool to think about if it continues.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some players are just not utilized correctly by the teams that originally drafted them. Reggie Bush is an example. Look at Jason Babin. He didn't do squat for a good 7 years in the league. That's why I'm always in favor of picking up others teams high draft pick "busts". If the coaches see any sort of work ethic, take a shot. The physical tools are likely still there, or else they wouldn't have been drafted so high. What happened with their previous team can be overlooked. That's why I was thrilled to see the Giants get Martellus Bennett and Keith Rivers.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Some players are just not utilized correctly by the teams that originally drafted them. Reggie Bush is an example. Look at Jason Babin. He didn't do squat for a good 7 years in the league. That's why I'm always in favor of picking up others teams high draft pick "busts". If the coaches see any sort of work ethic, take a shot. The physical tools are likely still there, or else they wouldn't have been drafted so high. What happened with their previous team can be overlooked. That's why I was thrilled to see the Giants get Martellus Bennett and Keith Rivers.

Who have both been performing pretty well for us. Besides a few drops, Bennett looks impressive and Keith Rivers has looked really good, surprisingly. Against Dallas he made some really athletic, aggressive plays, which was awesome to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: