Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

America's team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: America's team? Reply with quote

Are the Broncos becoming the new "America's Team"?

Decades ago, the Green Bay Packers were the average fan's vision of football. Steelers and 49ers had their heyday. Dallas Cowboys proclaimed itself the America's team. NE Patriots had their dynasty years.

My feeling is that the Broncos are moving up the list. Last year Tebow brought the media attention. Now Manning brings it with his come-back play.

TV ratings are climbing for the team. Last week, the Sunday night game set a record. If this week's Monday night game attracts viewers, the buzz will grow and the fair-weather fans will jump on the band wagon.

I don't know if the attention will help or hurt the team. Pat Bowlen may be helped by a higher valuation of the team.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a bit premature for that one. I agree that there is a lot of excitement at the moment, but that is largely due to Manning. The Broncos have only played one game this year. Yes it was to great ratings, but it was also the Sunday night game on opening weekend with the rematch of a phenomenal AFC playoff game from last year.

Obviously popularity rose last year with Tebow in the fold, but that was mainly due to Tebow, not the team. I would bet that if a straw pole was taken, 98% of the fans that were with the Broncos last year due to Tebow, no longer root for the team. So let's just wait and see on that one.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a map showing where the fans are for every team, it was taken from a poll, denver had the biggest majority. owning colorado, utah, the dakotas, idaho, wyoming, western kansas, some of arizona, new mexico. the broncos really are americas team in my mind. i hate hearing that the cowboys are americas team, they are our team to hate if thats what they mean.

http://www.examiner.com/article/denver-broncos-are-america-s-team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: