Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Player of the Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the Player of the Game?
Ben Roethlisberger?
85%
 85%  [ 30 ]
Mike Wallace
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ryan Clark
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

HeySteelers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Week 2: Player of the Game Reply with quote

Who do you all think is the player of the game?

Ben Roethlisberger:
Comp: 24 Att: 31 Pct: 78% Yds: 275 Avg: 8.8 TD: 2 Int: 0 Rate: 125

Mike Wallace:
Rec: 5 Yds: 74 Avg: 14.8 Lng: 37 TD 1

Ryan Clark:
Tak: 8 Ast Tak: 1 PDef: 1

I think it's pretty obvious who was the player of the game - Ben. But Clarks stat-sheet doesn't show how amazing he was. He also had a key tackle in the backfield and that really solid hit on Holmes. Man was an animal and imo as valuable as Harrison and Polamalu to this defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ben should be the mvp of game, however game ball goes to ryan clark. Sound about right.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark had a very nice game but the only time he seems to look that great is when we play bad/mediocre QBs and offenses. Hell, you could probably say the same thing for our entire secondary. I hear people saying things like "Clark proved he is more valuable than Troy last night", but I guarantee, if the situations were reversed and Clark had to play Manning without Troy back there, people wouldnt be nearly as happy with him.

Clark deserves some HM for this game, but it was clearly Ben IMO. One of the better COMPLETE games Ive ever seen him play to be honest. Only had one (maybe 2) off key throws and didnt make any normal Big Ben Brain Farts that he usually makes ones or twice a game.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you just put Ben in all three spots on the play of the game?

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Steelers22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roethlisberger drove the jets defense and their coaches absolutely mad. They would get pressure on him but just couldn't take him down and it consistently led to big plays for us. No question Roethlisberger deserves player of the game on this one

props to dawg24
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...who voted for Wallace? He had one great play the entire game...everything else was routine.

Clark I can understand....Wallace IMO was just put on the ballot because no one else stood out, but its clearly between Ben and Clark, and between them, Ben clearly wins.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LMAO...who voted for Wallace? He had one great play the entire game...everything else was routine.

Clark I can understand....Wallace IMO was just put on the ballot because no one else stood out, but its clearly between Ben and Clark, and between them, Ben clearly wins.

Uhhh, Mike Wallace visits these boards, obviously!! Rolling Eyes Wink
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, 43M I'm assuming you are talking about my post other day "the diagnose of Clark".

No harm, really. Schematically Clark seem to be more important considering the position "FS" we use and play with Clark. He showed how important it is to have a guy like him ON Lebeau's scheme. This is why I thought he should get the game ball but as for game MVP, of course Big Ben.

Everytime he evaded the tackle/sack from Jets' D-line, I was thinking about that Dodgeball movie with Vin Vaughn. I don't think there's nothing he haven't done with the 5 D: Dodge, dip, dive, duck, and... dodge.

Not only, he ALSO jump out of it! Literally!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
lol, 43M I'm assuming you are talking about my post other day "the diagnose of Clark".

No harm, really. Schematically Clark seem to be more important considering the position "FS" we use and play with Clark. He showed how important it is to have a guy like him ON Lebeau's scheme. This is why I thought he should get the game ball but as for game MVP, of course Big Ben.

Everytime he evaded the tackle/sack from Jets' D-line, I was thinking about that Dodgeball movie with Vin Vaughn. I don't think there's nothing he haven't done with the 5 D: Dodge, dip, dive, duck, and... dodge.

Not only, he ALSO jump out of it! Literally!

Actually, wasnt referring to that at all.

Now that I look at it, it falls in line with it, but overall I was more speaking of the perception since last year.

Clark isnt bad....when you look at safeties around the league, he is definitely one of the better free safeties...not because he is great, but because the quality of safety around the league is pretty bad.

Overall, Clark is nothing special. 2009 and 2010 he was horrible at times. Downright atrocious. Last year he played better under the tutelage of Carnell Lake, which I honestly think has paid off for him.

Clark is a good compliement to Troy. For the most part, always has been. Clark can make plays, but we will see over the course of the season if the perception of him right now holds up, especially after we face Eli, Rivers and Romo...guys that can challenge Clark. Sanchez couldnt.

We may even see it this week vs Carson Palmer, who isnt good, but can give us trouble.

I like Clark. He is an awesome person and a solid player in general. But as I said, it seems like he only really impresses when we are playing poor QBs that dont know who to manipulate safeties and exploit their weaknesses.

Im hoping that doesnt happen because we need both Troy and Clark to play at a high level if we want to go anywhere, but Troy isnt the same player he was in 2008 and more responsbility will fall on Clark. And this year, we play better offenses than we did last year.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree, 43M.

Because of this safeties situation, I hope that we would play more of 3-3-5 later on, of course with Polamalu playing as a linebacker for most of the time. I think it would benefit us more for passing and running downs. He give us a good coverage on TEs, allows our OLBs to pass-rush and stuff.

I believe we did a lot of this against Patriots last season if I'm not wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: