Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[GDT] Week 2 - Giants vs Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was busy today and didnt really get to watch the game ... but elis stats are fantastic.

#WeTheNorth
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
was busy today and didnt really get to watch the game ... but elis stats are fantastic.

Not after the first half they weren't.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I hope Diehl's injury isnt serious and hope he comes back healthy but I dont think it is a coincidence that as soon as he leaves our running game pick up. I dont think ahmad was the problem.

Hes def part of the problem. Hes a way too impatient runner who severely lacks vision. The holes have been there, but he isnt hitting them. Andre did today

Bradshaw's vision was always mediocre but he could compensate because he was really fast and he'd cut on practically very footstep.

I'll always love the guy for those huge runs he used to break out and his Bavaro-like inability to go down, but he's just not that guy anymore.

Brown looked like Jacobs in his short prime. I would also like to use Wilson more just because we spent a first round pick on the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
how did brashaws injury look?
just read he left the game with a neck injury. that always sounds bad.
how did it look though???

Well he was on the sidelines (albeit in street clothes) so I'd take that as a good sign
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, talk to me.

WTF did I draft Wilson if he is going to be passed up as a RB for someone else?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Guys, talk to me.

Sorry, dude.. Coughlin doesn't play RB's unless he's confident in their ability to pass-block and protect the football, no matter how good they are at running the ball. My guess is he will do most of his damage on special teams and a few 3rd downs for the first 12 games before finishing the season with some nice performances on the ground.. similar to Bradshaws rookie season.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Guys, talk to me.

Sorry, dude.. Coughlin doesn't play RB's unless he's confident in their ability to pass-block and protect the football, no matter how good they are at running the ball. My guess is he will do most of his damage on special teams and a few 3rd downs for the first 12 games before finishing the season with some nice performances on the ground.. similar to Bradshaws rookie season.

So. I should drop him like last weeks GF then?

Such high hopes... Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
R2theDizzlE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I hope Diehl's injury isnt serious and hope he comes back healthy but I dont think it is a coincidence that as soon as he leaves our running game pick up. I dont think ahmad was the problem.

Hes def part of the problem. Hes a way too impatient runner who severely lacks vision. The holes have been there, but he isnt hitting them. Andre did today

Bradshaw's vision was always mediocre but he could compensate because he was really fast and he'd cut on practically very footstep.

I'll always love the guy for those huge runs he used to break out and his Bavaro-like inability to go down, but he's just not that guy anymore.

Brown looked like Jacobs in his short prime. I would also like to use Wilson more just because we spent a first round pick on the guy.

Injury has really taken a toll on Bradshaw. We see glimpses of old Bradshaw, but not enough.

That being said, I was really impressed by Andre Brown yesterday. I had thought we should have kept him last year over Ware, but you know... Gilbride. -_-

I really wish Couglin would give Wilson a bit more of a leash though.

I dont debate with KoS anymore. Period. I am at too much of a disadvantage when the person I am debating with isnt bound by reality like I am. Wink
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Brown ever had any fumbling issues? If he repeats this performance against Carolina, I'm all for him being the #1 back. Bradshaw goes back to his #2 role where he was at his best and has a chance to stay healthy.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Guys, talk to me.

It took CJ Spiller two years before he exploded. David Wilson, a similar type of back, might have to wait as well. But hopefully not that long. The talent is all there, but if he's not getting snaps even when Bradshaw goes down due to injury, the coaches obviously don't feel he's ready.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RealSkipBayless: Antonio Pierce said on First Take, as Giants LB, went all out 5 or 6 times vs. a kneel-down, his coaches never scolded him. Listening, Tom?

So winning SB's made your coach a soft hypocrite ?
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
@RealSkipBayless: Antonio Pierce said on First Take, as Giants LB, went all out 5 or 6 times vs. a kneel-down, his coaches never scolded him. Listening, Tom?

So winning SB's made your coach a soft hypocrite ?

I heard Pierce on ESPN radio, and he pointed out several times that it was something the players on the field decided to do, NOT from coaches direction. From the sound of it, he learned that in Washington under Greg Williams (go figure). When asked if Coughlin ever said anything about it, he said Coughlin was too upset about the loss to notice the kneel down. So no, Coughlin isn't a hypocrite at all.

I don't think Schiano is a dirty coach or had negative intentions. I think he was trying to teach his team to finish without realizing the injury risk. I wouldn't expect to see anything like that again.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: