Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Player of the Week
Brandon Gibson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cortland Finnegan
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Janoris Jenkins
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Sam Bradford
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Author Message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7751
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
-Jenkins was being exposed as the rookie he was in some plays but overall he wasn't terrible.
I still think this is being overblown.

Guys he is a rookie who was away from High Level football for an entire year. Its alot like Robert Quinn last year, we are going to see the great talent, but the over-aggressiveness will likely be there all season, because that is a discipline thing where you only get used to that while continually playing Top Level talent that you cant go rouge and get away with it.

Janoris' "boner" plays have been ones where he is peaking into the backfield (I still think Dahl had alot to do with both Deep TDs) or Going for the KO hit (as we saw he is good at). Once he gets it all reigned in, is more disciplined, and picks his spots for a big play instead of trying to make on every snap, He is going to be scary good, especially with a technician like Finnegan across from him, and they will be deadly if we can have at the very least a formidable Safety duo back there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 46715
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we counter the bears pass rush the same way.
The Ball was flying out of Sam's hand yesterday.

1-2 Boom
1-2 Boom
1-2 Boom

That got him into a very nice groove. Sam is a rhythm QB..
He needs his early touches. That lighting release really set
the Tone/gameplan. It also frustrates defenses.. This was the
same thing Matt Stafford did vs us, just drives the opponent
nuts. The Running game was on point.. There were massive
wholes. Just feels good to have a competent coaching staff rather
than a inexperienced one.
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 7051
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I know everyone is high on the Braford train, and Im glad that you all are, but alot of you were just saying 5 quarters of Football ago that it might be time to be looking at Drafting a new QB...

This is always pretty useless to do, because so many things will change with our Lineup and the dynamics of our opponents, but here are Sam's current stats projected out over 16 games:

344/480 - 71.6% Completions
4,064 yards
32 TDs
8 INTs
96 yards rushing

Those numbers would have put him Top 10 in yards, Top 5 in TDs, and Top 5 in INTs. His QB Rating of 112.4 right now puts him at #4 in the league (with both Ryan and Peyton playing tonight, he could end up #2 at the end of this week, unlikely tho). The problem comes in when you project out his Sacks, which with 6 through 2 games would be 48 sacks this season. Thats more than anyone last year, but at the same time less than his per game average a season ago. If he is more like yesterday (moving in the pocket, scrambling) and average 2 per game the rest of the way it would only be 34 which isnt nearly as bad.

Again, I know this is a bit of a futile exercise in futility, but Im just putting into perspective what Sam has done these past 2 weeks.


After thinking about it....we can thank Spags and Devaney for two things:

1. Drafting Bradford
2. Snagging Gibson and Amendola from the Eagles


Gibson looks like an entirely different receiver this year. He's faster, his routes have improved, his hands are improved (though he still undercuts his routes at times). And if there's another that we can establish, it's that this offense needs Amendola. The passing game just runs so much smoother with him in there. This was something that was predicated upon 2 years ago, and now it's something that is established.
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7751
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Gibson looks like an entirely different receiver this year. He's faster, his routes have improved, his hands are improved (though he still undercuts his routes at times). And if there's another that we can establish, it's that this offense needs Amendola. The passing game just runs so much smoother with him in there. This was something that was predicated upon 2 years ago, and now it's something that is established.
As stated many times, I have recused myself of all Brandon Gibson debates. BUT, I will reiterate that my premise in all those debates was not that BG was a #1 receiver, just that he could be a good receiver.

I wanted him to be the #2 wideout across from a Stud #1 along with Danny in the Slot. That he is an OK #2 option, But a good #3, and a Great #4 guy to have. Just didnt think we would still be without a #1 guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17085
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:

After thinking about it....we can thank Spags and Devaney for two things:

1. Drafting Bradford
2. Snagging Gibson and Amendola from the Eagles


Ehh, I don't know. To think Devaney was here for 3 years and the best WR he could find was a undrafted free agent slot receiver is a little troubling. Especially because WR was a primary must-need for the 3 years he was here.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17085
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

Man I am loving the attitude of this team this year. Finnegan has rubbed off on the rest of the D, they are playing with a real mean streak.
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7751
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Man I am loving the attitude of this team this year. Finnegan has rubbed off on the rest of the D, they are playing with a real mean streak.
While Finny has rubbed off, JL and Long have always been like this. Spags was holding them back, wanting them to be workman like and leaders, keep their mouth shut.

Seems like Fisher has sent the message, "dont let anyone push you around anymore". I think he will let them go like this for awhile, then slowly reign them back in a bit. We will get a Rep quickly (seems like we have already started from this game alone) and then we wont have to be so over the top.

But adding Finnegan, Dunbar & McIntosh has really unleashed the identity of this defense (3 huge smack talkers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Man I am loving the attitude of this team this year. Finnegan has rubbed off on the rest of the D, they are playing with a real mean streak.
While Finny has rubbed off, JL and Long have always been like this. Spags was holding them back, wanting them to be workman like and leaders, keep their mouth shut.

Seems like Fisher has sent the message, "dont let anyone push you around anymore". I think he will let them go like this for awhile, then slowly reign them back in a bit. We will get a Rep quickly (seems like we have already started from this game alone) and then we wont have to be so over the top.

But adding Finnegan, Dunbar & McIntosh has really unleashed the identity of this defense (3 huge smack talkers)


I dont really mind the rep, rather be known as that than a soft team. But things are a bit overblown at this point about the dirty play. jenkins hit was completely legal, Davis has 60pounds on him what else could he have done but try to smack him, but that play on fletcher when he was on the ground was really dirty and shoulda been a penalty. Gotta love how rattled and emotional RGIII got towards the end
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7751
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Man I am loving the attitude of this team this year. Finnegan has rubbed off on the rest of the D, they are playing with a real mean streak.
While Finny has rubbed off, JL and Long have always been like this. Spags was holding them back, wanting them to be workman like and leaders, keep their mouth shut.

Seems like Fisher has sent the message, "dont let anyone push you around anymore". I think he will let them go like this for awhile, then slowly reign them back in a bit. We will get a Rep quickly (seems like we have already started from this game alone) and then we wont have to be so over the top.

But adding Finnegan, Dunbar & McIntosh has really unleashed the identity of this defense (3 huge smack talkers)


I dont really mind the rep, rather be known as that than a soft team. But things are a bit overblown at this point about the dirty play. jenkins hit was completely legal, Davis has 60pounds on him what else could he have done but try to smack him, but that play on fletcher when he was on the ground was really dirty and shoulda been a penalty. Gotta love how rattled and emotional RGIII got towards the end
Oh no, I LOVE the Rep. We need it, Its how we have to, and they planned to build this team.

Let people talk and worry about the Defense and then Let Sam and the offense be the compliment to it that everyone is so surprised how good they actually are.

But there is a line between perceived dirty/scrappy and actually dirty/malicious. Fisher knows that line, and know how to keep his team on the right side of that line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4263
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I loved watching this game.

Anyone else notice RG3 yelling at the refs saying Dunbar was leading with his head?

Now I'm not trying to start a fight. Just wanting to know what everyone thinks about that?
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Man I am loving the attitude of this team this year. Finnegan has rubbed off on the rest of the D, they are playing with a real mean streak.
While Finny has rubbed off, JL and Long have always been like this. Spags was holding them back, wanting them to be workman like and leaders, keep their mouth shut.

Seems like Fisher has sent the message, "dont let anyone push you around anymore". I think he will let them go like this for awhile, then slowly reign them back in a bit. We will get a Rep quickly (seems like we have already started from this game alone) and then we wont have to be so over the top.

But adding Finnegan, Dunbar & McIntosh has really unleashed the identity of this defense (3 huge smack talkers)


I dont really mind the rep, rather be known as that than a soft team. But things are a bit overblown at this point about the dirty play. jenkins hit was completely legal, Davis has 60pounds on him what else could he have done but try to smack him, but that play on fletcher when he was on the ground was really dirty and shoulda been a penalty. Gotta love how rattled and emotional RGIII got towards the end
Oh no, I LOVE the Rep. We need it, Its how we have to, and they planned to build this team.

Let people talk and worry about the Defense and then Let Sam and the offense be the compliment to it that everyone is so surprised how good they actually are.

But there is a line between perceived dirty/scrappy and actually dirty/malicious. Fisher knows that line, and know how to keep his team on the right side of that line.


Yeah you are right. Didnt seem dirty just a hard nosed grind it out game. Both sides played in a way that was questionable at times according to the rules
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Man I loved watching this game.

Anyone else notice RG3 yelling at the refs saying Dunbar was leading with his head?

Now I'm not trying to start a fight. Just wanting to know what everyone thinks about that?


Dont really remember that play. But man Dunbar has been great so far this year. Dude plays with pure fire
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 46715
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
Man I loved watching this game.

Anyone else notice RG3 yelling at the refs saying Dunbar was leading with his head?

Now I'm not trying to start a fight. Just wanting to know what everyone thinks about that?


Dont really remember that play. But man Dunbar has been great so far this year. Dude plays with pure fire


MINUS THAT HUGE PLAY VS DETROIT??

He has been what we wanted.

RG was a runner. As Tim Ryan pointed you are no longer protected.
Sam did this a few years back vs the Chargers IIRC.
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3193
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janoris is ALWAYS Trash talking lol
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group