Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HF20's 3rd annual first loss of the year mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honalulufan20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: HF20's 3rd annual first loss of the year mock draft Reply with quote

Ah, it's that time of year again. With our hopes at a perfect season lost, here's the first mock draft of the season to cheer you all up.

Now, considering free agency is forever too hard to accurately predict and that it's wayyyy too early to even have a chance at guessing one pick, let alone all of them correctly, I come to you with what I hope will happen, as opposed to what will likely happen. And as I sit here hacking my lungs out with the first cold of the year, I present to you my first mock of the year.

Resign:
SLH
Levy
Houston
Delmas
Jackson

Takes a paycut:
Burleson
KVB

Retires:
Backus

Sign:
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- The Eagles usually resign players they plan to keep earlier in the season or even a year in advance of the off-season. Not to mention the fact that they have got to be in cap hell in 2013 due to all of the contracts that they're paying (Asomougha, Vick, Jackson, Jenkins, Cole, etc.)

Reggie Bush- Exactly the kind of runningback the Lions need, a speedster who can also catch the ball out of the backfield and presents a terrifying duo with Leshoure.

Julian Edelman- Crafty 5th receiver, good on special teams and could push Logan.

Draft:
I imagine us drafting somewhere similar to where we were last year, I'm going to say the 20th pick.

Trade 1st, 3rd and 7th to move up into the top 15 or so (get a late future pick back.

1- Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

2- Robert Lester S Alabama

4- Graham Pocic C Illinois

5- Mike Gillislee HB Florida

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know a ton about the people coming out yet but I liked the positions except RB.

I think if we sign Bush and draft a Rb to go with LeShoure and best and Smith it is a little excessive.

Sig bet
1King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt we would have to trade up for Rhodes. Milliner makes more sense.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Big Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign DRC, that would give us DRC, Houston, and Bently at CB. At that point Safety might be a bigger need in the secondary. I know our secondary needs help, but if Barrett Jones fell to us in the 1st IMO we would have to think long and hard before passing him up.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Cat wrote:
If we sign DRC, that would give us DRC, Houston, and Bently at CB. At that point Safety might be a bigger need in the secondary. I know our secondary needs help, but if Barrett Jones fell to us in the 1st IMO we would have to think long and hard before passing him up.

Houston is a FA after this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he tested the market. Right now he has a 3 million base salary this season. I could see him looking for more, and there are a lot of guys needed to be resigned this offseason. Especially if you want to keep guys like SLH and Delmas.

But, I wouldn't be shocked to see S as a bigger need this offseason. They could take BPA at either position if there are playmakers on the board and it's unlikely that they would go wrong. They need help badly.

In regards to the mock though I'd probably let Delmas walk and replace him. He's not an impact safety and doesn't deserve the money if he wants to get paid like one. He hasn't had an interception since 2009, his tackling form is absolutely terrible, he can't stay healthy, and he's just not that big of an impact to this team. Sure, the defense sucks when he's not out there but that's not saying a lot. They could put LK out in the secondary and he wouldn't look much worse than what they're rolling out there right now.

I like the draft though at this point. I can't argue too much with that right now. Nice mock overall. It's interesting to start looking in that direction.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles actually have about $26 million in capspace. They are hardly in cap hell and would have no issue re-signing someone like DRC. I'd love to bring in a good vet starting CB but your reasoning is off.

As for the draft, I know we need secondary help, but I still hope Mayhew goes BPA. If an OL is best on the board, I would hate to pass them up to reach for a DB. Yes we have holes that need addressing, but needs change. I'll always support BPA for drafting, every time.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
studdogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First mock draft going with the BPA theory...

(best player available - - FROM ALABAMA theory)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: